New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Medalist Coin Tray Lights  (Read 695 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Medalist Coin Tray Lights
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:57:56 AM »
Hello all............

Anyone know the voltage of the 2 bulbs that illuminate the coin tray on Bally EM machines, Medalist in particular?

There are two and the have the larger width bayonet bases. Are they 12v or 24v ??

Thanks

Steve

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Medalist Coin Tray Lights
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
I think they are all 6 volt

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »
Thanks

I bought some #63 bulbs rated at 6 volts but they burn out within 24-hours.   Thinking they are supposed to be 12 volt and of course my radio shack voltmeter is dead without a battery....................!

Steve

Offline rdaniel

• Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 11:15:05 AM »
A 12 volt lamp in a 6 volt circuit would not be very bright. If they burn out it quickly could be the quality of the bulbs. Number 63 is the right lamp for the coin trays

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
These new ones are running very bright before they burn out thus I think they are meant for 6v and are getting 12v !!

I ordered some different ones that are rated at 12v I will see how those work out....
Thanks

Steve

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 09:05:42 AM »
Steve:

RDaniel may be right about the quality of bulb.  Many years ago I bought a bad batch that had the life expectancy of a Mayfly.  I had purchased that same brand from the same source before with no problem at all.  Perhaps it was a quality control issue.

My second thought would be is to get a free voltmeter from Harbor Freight and check the voltage that is actually going to that socket.  After you get your reading there will be no guess work on your part.  Strange things have been done to these EM's over the past 40-50 years.

My advice is free and worth every penny.

Ra

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
Check the voltage to the socket wires. They could be picking up 50 volts somehow.
Or find a bulb that is easy to remove from another place in the machine.
Make a mental note to how bright it is. Then move it to the tray light socket.
Run the new bulbs someplace other than the tray lights.
This should give you a good indication about the life of the new bulbs.
And weather the tray lights have to much voltage.

Offline DavidBelg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • DavidBelg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 03:01:47 AM »
I run #63 lights in my medalist , they receive 6V.

Offline slcjeeper

• Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »
Are your other small bulbs working? With them all running off the same 6v circuit, I would expect that problems would appear with the others as well. They are generally fed by Blue and Yellow wires (Blue being the feed). To save a good bulb incase there is a localized problem with the coin cup light, install one of the new bulbs in the "Insert Coin" socket and see what happens.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 06:14:45 PM »
Thanks to all who have replied.

Just to clarify, These are the larger base bayonet bulbs unlike the smaller ones that are used throughout the rest of the machine.  These are the only ones like this and they are short and fat so only able to use them in these two sockets.

Just got the 12v versions today and installed one in the empty spot and it is now a bit dim but not too bad.   I am going to put my voltmeter on it as soon as I get a new battery for it.

Stay tuned.

S

Offline slcjeeper

• Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »
They are all 6v whether they are the #44 or #63 size bulbs.  There is only one circuit for those lights.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 08:50:38 PM »
The larger based #63 bulb is a 6V Bulb, as are the smaller based #44 and #47 bulbs.. It sounds like like your coin tray lights are wired wrong, or you have picked up a shorted wire on the doors wiring..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:51 AM »
So the socket that I'm referring to has two yellow wires going to the negative "sleeve" side and one blue wire going to the center contact.  The other one that has not burned out has one of each.  I have not had to replace the coin tray light bulbs until recently, and I have owned this machine since 1996.................

Thanks,

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal