New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Balls of Fire Slot machine not working  (Read 1071 times)

Offline stevetrace1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • stevetrace1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Balls of Fire Slot machine not working
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
I have an older Bally Balls of Fire slot machine from the 90's that is in good condition but it's not working...all the lights come on, but it will not accept coins and there are no codes or error messages...It sounds kinda like it's ticking, even when I remove the board...I had to replace the power supply a couple of years ago--could it be that again?  I don't know what else to do...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Balls of Fire Slot machine not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:02:44 PM »
Just to rule it out, have you checked the button battery voltage on the MPU?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 03:18:04 PM »
I'm not sure how to do that...I unplugged the power supply for a while this afternoon, and just plugged it back in...now the machine is flashing all 8's but it is flickering...when it came back on it alternated around the 8's but they were brightly lit until I closed the door...

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »
Power off, pull out the MPU, and there will be a button battery in there. It should measure 3.6 VDC. If it's lower than 3 you need to replace it.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »
I don't have a device to measure that...it still makes the ticking noise whether the cpu is installed or not...and as I was typing this all the numbers turned into 9's and it sounded like it rebooted...and now the 9's are all flickering...lol!

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »
I'd replace that battery anyway, just to rule it out but it actually may be a power supply issue.
Hang on... another member that knows far more than I do on Bally, will be responding.  :yes:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 09:49:08 AM »
It sound like the power supply has failed in your slot machine. It’s a very common problem.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the info...I just had the power supply replaced in late December 2017...is this normal?  And, do you have a place you recommend to purchase the power supply? 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »
If you had the Power supply replace back in 2017, more the likely it was replaced with a used one from another machine. So I’d have to say yes it could fail again that soon. You could check on EBay or post a WTB ad here in the classified section for a power supply. If I can find the link, there is a place to buy brand new power supply. You would have two take yours out and rebuild it your self. It’s easy to do. Just unscrew a few screws and unplug a couple plugs, then swap in the new rebuilt power supply your self.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »
This the link here to the part number and how to do the job your self.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1825.msg9207#msg9207
And remember...

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 11:51:07 AM »
I really do appreciate your help...I'm ignorant of all this and trying to learn...are you talking about the board that sits beneath the capacitor (at least I think that it is a capacitor--looks like the one I have on my pool motor)...it doesn't look exactly like the PT-65B part but it is similar...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »
The power supply on your slot machine is where the power cord plugs into. That replacement power supply is inside of that silver box. It should have two large plugs connected to the front and the power cord on the side. It should be attached to the back wall in behind the coin hopper.
And remember...

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 05:58:12 PM »
Yes the big silver box has a little mother board in it that looks like the part that was mentioned...is that what I'm supposed to buy?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »
That’s the whole power supply. The part to replace is inside. Either that or buy another used one off of eBay.
And remember...

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »
Ok, I replaced that part but now I am getting error message 81 and all the lights are flashing...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2020, 10:09:19 AM »
If I remember correctly that 81 code mean the battery is low or dead and needs to be replaced.
And remember...

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2020, 10:22:36 AM »
Do you have any info on how to do that?

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »
Thought you replaced the battery already?

If not, pull the MPU out and see if it's soldered in or in a socket. It should be a CR2032 3v I think and it should be in a socket.

AMECHANIC... correct me if I'm off here!

I think, when you pull the battery, you need to do a ram clear. Depending on your current battery voltage (if any), there might be a creative way to swap to the new battery and keep your settings. Otherwise you'll probably have to do that clear.
Let us know your battery situation.

Offline stevetrace1

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
No, I have not replaced the battery in this one before...we had some remodeling done in the house and it was unplugged for a while, but the other problems were occurring before all that--just not the 81 code like now...I replaced the power unit in December 2017, and now I've replaced that part inside the power unit...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 03:24:17 PM »
The Bally 5500 originally had a battery soldered to the MPU board. I don’t remember if it’s a 1/2AA or to full size. It should be the 3.6V battery. Some machines have been converted to a battery holder using 2 Standard AA Batterys. Once done then you need to do the ram clear by moving the jumper and holding the buttons. I have the whole procedure written down here some where.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal