New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Jennings Chief in freeplay  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Phan000

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Jennings Chief in freeplay
« on: October 19, 2020, 08:07:41 AM »
Just got my first mechanical- a Jennings Chief “tic tac toe”

Mostly working, pays off, but is in free play right now.

Dimes go to reject slot.   I played with the elevator chain and got it to accept a few dimes, but it’s not advancing consistently.

Also, thinking of replating the top.  Chrome is in bad shape.

Any advice?  Is there another forum geared more toward mechanical
Slots?

Thanks!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Jennings Chief in freeplay
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Go here!

https://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/index.php
This is the best place, in my opinion for mechanical slots.

If your slot is in "free play" there must be something preventing the handle release pin that senses the coin before it goes through the escalator, right?
There may just be something stuck or jammed in the coin slide that's sending the dimes to the reject area. Have you throughly inspected all those areas?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 10:25:10 AM »
Thanks for the info.

I haven’t inspected the coin in area yet.  I guess I’ll have to take that section apart and make sure it’s clean and free of debris.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 11:52:55 AM »
I was able to get the machine working properly.  Still need to test the jackpot.  Not sure how to manually make it hit.

Other than some cleaning and needing a key,  it seems pretty solid.

I tried to register for the coin op forum,  but it states you need a “special number from an existing member”
to join.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »
I'll PM you the number soon.

Great you got it up and running. What was causing the pin to be stuck open, allowing the free play?
For manual jackpot testing, open the back door and locate the fan. It should be near the back at the bottom. Find something (a rag, stick) to prevent the fan from spinning. Then put in a coin and pull the handle. This will release the reels. Then just carefully set each one to the exact jackpot positions. Make sure they don't drift, then remove the fan stopper and the machine will start the cycle, lock in the reels and, hopefully, pay off accordingly.
I have a Mills Black Cherry that I repaired but decided to just play it from time to time, hoping to get the jackpot!   I like the suspense.  :propeller:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 06:53:56 AM »
I got it out of free play with liberal amounts of forced air in the coin chutes, adjusting the magnet, lubricants, and some wiggling of the chain.

Works very  consistently now.

Thanks for the tip on the jackpot.  It only pays 10 coins, only the furthest pin goes into the reels.  Nothing moving in the jackpot door area.  I don’t yet understand how it’s supposed to operate.  Will have to fiddle with it.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 07:10:39 AM »
you can contact Bernie at mrslot1.com,  he has parts and information for most older machines. they make a handle to use to play the machine out of the cabinet, all you have to do is hold back the coin sensing lever while pulling the handle and you can activate the machine, then hold the fan with one hand and rotate the wheels to a winning combo, release the fan and let it lock in  and check the payout, you can do this to check out every payout, including the jackpot. Plus you get to see everything operating.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 08:33:34 AM »
you can contact Bernie at mrslot1.com,  he has parts and information for most older machines. they make a handle to use to play the machine out of the cabinet, all you have to do is hold back the coin sensing lever while pulling the handle and you can activate the machine, then hold the fan with one hand and rotate the wheels to a winning combo, release the fan and let it lock in  and check the payout, you can do this to check out every payout, including the jackpot. Plus you get to see everything operating.

Jim

Oops... I forgot to add the sensing lever part. My grandpa had a Jennings Mints of Quality that he'd bring out for me to play (I was 6) and had a string tied to that lever, so if I ran out of nickels, I could still play! I own one now.

Regarding Mr Slot... Bernie passed away many years ago and it's now run by his son Dave. Dave usually responds within a week or so. He's rebuilt a few slot locks for me. I've been trying to contact him for months now, by E mail and though his listings on eBay, and have had NO response. Not too happy with that since he's selling stuff on eBay currently. I don't know if he's just swamped or there's someone else running the place for him.
I get help from Monti, who is also on that forum. He's definitely a pro, restores machines frequently, and is very friendly and helpful.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 05:44:32 AM »
I pulled the mech, and put in some, and am able to manually crank the action.

The levers seem lined up correctly, but the jackpot still won’t open.  Is the slide supposed to push out and engage the upper lever?

It seems really close to working, just something simple that is out of place, or needs lube. Wondering if there is a spring missing on side of the lever closest to the slides?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 09:05:50 AM »
I've never messed with my jackpot mechanism, yet!
I would try cycling the machine a few more times, performing the manual jackpot and see if it pops open.
Whatever you do, DON'T put any kind of lubrication on the slides. You may have to just pull them open slightly and clean/de-gunk them, which may be why it's not opening. They should remain nice and clean.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »
I ended up getting the jackpot working consistently.  Needed adjustment and some cleaning.

The auto-refill feature isn’t working, but I’m not too worried about that.

I was not happy with the oxidation on the top section of the front.  Chrome was peeling badly, and I hear it is very common on this machine.

Opened a big can of worms stripping it down,  now plan to get it replated.

Fun project overall.  Fascinating the way they used to make these work with no electricity. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal