New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 5500 83-F error  (Read 1411 times)

Offline clading

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • clading New User has no influence.
  • NLG
5500 83-F error
« on: October 15, 2021, 01:15:28 PM »
IDK how to clear the 83-F error on my 5500 ProSlot. I tried to do a full clear, but it won't take. Doesn't change the display so it's not clearing. See pics for my board. I'm using a clear chip 3073 U15 and BE00 U12. Are they the right chips??

I had to replace the battery and now need to clear or reset things. I've tried the chips and they won't perform the clear. I've also tried to use the jumper on JW10 and holding in the pseudo coin and test buttons. Also doesn't do anything to clear the error.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 5500 83-F error
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 11:41:01 AM »
check your polarity. if that is ok you have a bad battery connection .   I don't think you need clear chips because the mains are 920000 type. Put the original 920000 mains back in and do a clear with the JW10 jumper. Be sure you hold the buttons down till you see CLC in the display .     

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:48:20 PM »
How do I check for a bad battery connection? I've tried the jumper and holding the buttons, but didn't work. The polarity is good.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 03:10:47 PM »
I don't have a Bally 5500 MPU. Your picture is not high enough resolution for me tell where the TP or Wxx jumpers are. You will have to look at the PCB and find the points to test.

Checking the schematic you can test the battery -

Be sure W12 jumper is in place, this would remove the battery from the circuit when the machine or MPU board is not used or in storage.

Check with your meter TP10 TP19 (+) to ground (-). Not at the battery where the battery is soldered to the board, any 5V ground point will work - TP21. I don't see a test point on the schematic for ground. The metal chassis/tray the board is mounted to should work. If you cannot find a ground test point. Also, almost any 14 pin device pin 7 or 16 pin device pin 8 will have a ground.

You should read about 2.9 to 3 VDC on TP10 TP19 with a good battery. If not, you will need to see why the voltage is not there. If this is the case - I would check the trace/pad the battery is soldered to for a bad/cold solder joint. Both the + and the - legs. If that is not the problem you will need to see if there is a bad trace from the battery to the places the VBB (battery voltage) goes to. Not a lot of places but too much to explain here in the forum.

If you need more information or help, you can PM me and I will do what I can.

Edits to TP numbers for future members.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 08:09:01 AM by Trisail »
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 05:50:50 PM »
Big thanks to Trisail for phone support! With his help, we were able to verify that the board seems to be working fine - battery power is going where it shoud and the reset, etc. switches are all operational. Now it comes down to I may have the wrong clear chips or I just am not smart enough to reset the machine.

Most likely it's me, but the game is a 3 reel, 2 coin, Black & White Double Jackpot. The game chips are ME920000. I'm using a clear chip 3073 U15 and BE00 U12.

Can anyone confirm that they are the right chips or what clear chips I should be using??
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:47:10 AM by clading »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 07:50:14 PM »
I have not had to use clear chips on a 5500 yet. Cleared by using factory mains used the jumper. If that does not work you may need a new set of mains, all 4. ?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:29:56 PM »
What are the 4 digit SMI numbers on the reel brackets?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »
I've tried the jumper/mains clear and it didn't work. I can't check the machine SMI numbers until later, but would that really matter? The machine played fine until recently when we had to replace the battery.

I guess I can try some new main chips, but if they were bad suddenly for some reason, couldn't I still clear the machine? I'm not getting any of the clear messages/codes when I try to do a clear.

Do I have the right clear chips or do I need a diff set??
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:43:00 AM by clading »

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 01:43:46 PM »
Make sure the battery voltage is getting to the two RAM chips.

Use a volt meter, Black lead on lower left pin, Red on upper right pin, with chip notch facing away from you.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 01:59:10 PM »
OK, can you just confirm the slots the RAM chips you want me to check are in?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 09:59:46 PM »
The wide 22 pin chips near the battery.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 05:44:20 AM »
Assuming that you mean the chips in U67 & U68, there is no reading on my meter checking them as you said to do. Should there be voltage to them?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 07:20:58 AM »
Yes. Should be 3VDC or more.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 07:32:03 AM »
OK, making progress. The only thing that's changed is that the battery was replaced. Could that have caused some trace or something to be broken in the path from the battery to the RAM? Is there some other spot I can check to narrow down what's blocking the voltage?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 08:32:04 AM »
It depends how you replaced the battery.
If you didn't remove the board from the tray to remove the old battery and didn't clean out the mounting holes and simply shoved the new battery wires into the mounting holes you could have ripped a trace on the bottom of the board.

Also check the battery jumper at JW12 and make sure it is jumpered across both pins. This jumper turns battery voltage on and off.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 05:02:14 PM »
If you have damaged the traces where the battery is soldered, here is a repair for you, buy a battery holder that has the Black and Red leads. Take the jumper off from JW12 and wrap some of the Red wire around one pin at this JW12 pins. Then bend the two pins together so they touch. Now solder the pins and the wire all together at the same time. Now Take the black lead and crimp on a ring terminal. Remove a nearby screw that holds the MPU board to the tray. Connect the Black wire with the ring terminal to this screw that holds MPU to the tray. Use some mounting tape to attach the battery holder to the place the battery goes on the board.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 05:12:26 PM »
3 batteries if AA.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 07:48:40 AM »
UPDATE: Trying to fix battery install today and will bypass with AA battery holder if that won't work. SMI number is only shown on Reel 1 and it's 7402.

Offline clading

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2021, 09:44:36 AM »
Tried to re-seat the new battery but that didn't make a difference. Took advice from Sunrise Side and got a AA battery holder. Installed it but attached the ground wire to TP21 GRND as using a screw to the tray didn't work. Did the clear with the jumper on JW10 and it worked as it should. Cleared the machine and it fired right up. I guess it was the battery install after all and maybe it broke some traces. Thanks very much to all who helped out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal