New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1992 wild cherry  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Blainedett2000

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Blainedett2000 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1992 wild cherry
« on: October 31, 2023, 03:48:48 PM »
I recently purchased this slot machine and haven’t had much luck with it. It’s showing error “low battery 61” I have replaced the 3.6v battery and nothing has changed. I checked the connection at the mpu and it’s showing 3.7v. Also it’s rejecting quarters (I’m assuming because of the battery error). Also when I turn the key on the side above the power off the screen reads “ display fault”. I haven’t been able to find much about my machine online and what I have found shows a different display screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1992 wild cherry
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 04:00:21 PM »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 04:45:17 PM »
Please post a picture of your machine so we can properly identify it.  A S+ doesn't usually have an alphanumeric display. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 04:48:02 PM »
Is this an S+ Barcrest model?
We need to see a photo of your machine to help you further.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 05:34:25 PM »
I recently bought my first slot machine. Former owner told me the coin comparator was acting up and it wouldn’t let coins through (they just get stuck in the comparator). After I got it home I noticed a low battery 61 error. I changed the battery and got 3.7v on the board. After putting the mpu back in the error didn’t go away but after some time it did and of course a new error popped up “xtra co 30”. I turned it off and back on just to find the low battery error was back. Any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 05:45:57 PM »
I replied to your previous thread on this too, but please post pictures of your machine so we can be sure what you have.

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 05:50:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I believe I have attached an image this time

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 05:52:03 PM »
Thanks

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2023, 05:54:33 PM »
(Display fault)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023, 06:16:49 PM »
I'd never seen or heard of an S+ like yours until a couple of weeks ago from this thread:

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=40805.0

Odd, that now two have popped up so quickly.  I'd like to be of more help, but I don't have any documentation for a machine like yours.  On a regular S+ after replacing the battery you'll get a 61 error which is telling you the CMOS data is invalid.  There's a easy procedure to follow to clear that error for it.  You could try it and see if it works on yours, I don't see how you have anything to lose. 

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/gamechange.htm

Start where it says "Initializing the new game" and see what happens.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2023, 06:32:39 AM »
How about a photo or two of the MPU board and a close up of the eproms...

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2023, 06:36:28 AM »

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2023, 07:09:25 AM »
The only button I can find to reset the 61 error is the small silver one on the side of the mpu.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2023, 08:29:54 AM »
can you post a close up photo of the "GAME" and "REEL" eproms...

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 08:37:16 AM »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 09:42:51 AM »
The only button I can find to reset the 61 error is the small silver one on the side of the mpu.

That's the one.  In later models it was moved to the power switch area. 

In looking at post of the SP/SS PROMs this is a S+ customized for Army too.  I haven't been able to find any documentation for the SP chip, but they are different from regular SP PROMs.  Unless someone comes along who worked on these things or has information for them it's going to be trail and error trying to get it reset and operational again.  You may be able to swap out the ARMY SP PROM with a normal one and then it may be like a regular S+ machine.  That would probably disable the center display, but other than that I think everything else would work normally.  That might be worth a shot too.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2023, 10:51:37 AM »
I wonder if these are similar to Bally E-2000 machines made for the Army?  the big difference  on those machines, in order to get the reset and test switch to work on the hopper you had to activate the key switch on the side of the machine.

I see that there is a toggle switch on your machine as well, operated by a key. maybe you have to turn it in order to get anything to respond.

I would think if you put in normal SS and SP chips that would correspond to the glass, unhook that display, the machine should act as a s plus??

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2023, 12:06:29 PM »
So far nothing has changed. I’m going to get new chips. The sp game chip is sp629, the reel chip is ss3701. I’m new to all this so I just want to check to make sure I’m right. Someone mentioned getting a regular sp chip… I’m not sure what number chip to order for that. Also I need help identifying the CMOS chip. I’m not sure where it is on the MPU board. Thanks for all the help this far!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2023, 02:44:28 PM »
U51
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Blainedett2000

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 02:47:33 PM »
Thank you…. Looking at it now I’m not how I missed that!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal