New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slot Machine Identification  (Read 762 times)

Offline gecha

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gecha New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Slot Machine Identification
« on: November 26, 2023, 11:16:21 AM »
Hi everyone,
I just discovered this forum today as I was searching to identify an old slot machine.
I inherited this old slot machine... it's heavy, not working.
I was told it used to work before some of the wires were ripped when opening the door. That happened about 10 years ago and machine has been stored since.
Looks like it needs some TLC.

I am retired, living in Montreal, Canada, and I have lots of spare time, specially in winter. My knowledge of electronics is average but willing to learn and to try anything that could help bring it back to life.
I would like to identify it and hopefully find an operating/service manual.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Pinballwizard55 New User has no influence.
  • Pinball Wizard
Re: Slot Machine Identification
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 05:09:29 PM »
That is a bally wide reel dollar machine, too bad you are not in new york i used to specialize in those machines, The Wizard .

Offline gecha

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 06:04:39 PM »
That is a bally wide reel dollar machine, too bad you are not in new york i used to specialize in those machines, The Wizard .
Thanks very much for your quick reply.
Do you know where I can put my hand on a service or technical manual?
Where are U located in NY state? I travel to Ocean City, MD sometimes, I could stop by and pick some of your experience.
If you ever come North of the Border, you're welcome to visit.

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Pinball Wizard
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 06:55:55 AM »
I am located in staten island new york, swing by and bring your machine. The wizard.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 09:19:49 AM »
66 people saw what's clearly a Bally EM in Requests for PSRs, technical information, and didn't flag it to a moderator to move?  :fryingpan:
Please give me a hand people, ESPECIALLY you regular members that know where this goes, and flag it for me or a moderator to move.
I spend a LOT of my time here to keep things in order. It's really not hard to flag a post to be moved.

Member gecha: Topic moved to BALLY EM - you should get some help fairly quickly with this machine.. (I don't think this an E series as I don't see card readers, but it's a little dark.)

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline gecha

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 10:42:11 AM »
66 people saw what's clearly a Bally EM in Requests for PSRs, technical information, and didn't flag it to a moderator to move?  :fryingpan:
Please give me a hand people, ESPECIALLY you regular members that know where this goes, and flag it for me or a moderator to move.
I spend a LOT of my time here to keep things in order. It's really not hard to flag a post to be moved.

Member gecha: Topic moved to BALLY EM - you should get some help fairly quickly with this machine.. (I don't think this an E series as I don't see card readers, but it's a little dark.)
\
Thanks Shortrackskater for moving my post to the proper location. There is no card reader.

Does anyone know the exact model number of my machine, and where can I find some documentation. Mostly the wiring schematic.

Wizard, thanks for the offer.  The machine is quite heavy to move and barely fits in my car.  I am considering bringing to you on my next trip if there is no issue getting it through the customs. I have to check first. Would surely be nice getting it back in working condition.

Offline Pinballwizard55

• Pinball Wizard
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 06:31:30 PM »
Should not be a problem as i have years of experience and a ton of parts.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 01:21:30 AM »
it looks like a 1090 of some kind.

pull out the reels and look in the top compartment for writing in sharpie.  Also look on the wiper boards next to each reel.

if that's no good, there's codes stamped into the slotted metal index discs next to each reel and an m-645-xxx number on the payout counter unit disc.  What are they?

docs can be found by poking around in https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ ... if it is a 1090, the 1090-34 is a triple bar machine that should be similar.  The schematic is the w-1046-xxx file.

it does look like you have an led win meter, which I don't think would be original ... or the game is E-series machine.  There's no circuit boards in it, right?  A picture of the pulled-out reels (entire left side and right side is ideal), what's in the cabinet with the reels removed, and the insert behind the top glass will confirm.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 07:33:32 AM »
1090 would be my guess.
Since the wires are color coded it should not be too difficult to solder them together.
A picture of the damage would be helpful.
I would not recommend cleaning any electrical components until it’s ready to be powered up.
Applying a few drops of penetrating oil to the mechanical parts would be helpful.
Especially if the machine is being operated in a colder climate.

Offline gecha

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 04:34:04 PM »
I brought the Bally slot machine to a local shop to look at it. I don't think they are familiar with slot machines. They mostly specialize in pinball machines.
Presently it is not available for me to take closeup pics or look for identification codes.
When they plugged it, most of the lights turned on.
When they put coins in, they fall right trough, as if not accepting them.
They say there is a code displayed close to where you insert the coins.
Code "500.0.00"

Any help welcomed.

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023, 07:22:31 PM »
My first thought is this is an E-2000 series machine but might be a E-1000.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2023, 10:31:47 PM »
My first thought is this is an E-2000 series machine but might be a E-1000.

seems reasonable ... looks kinda like there's reader mounting brackets between the reels.

I'm hesitant to punt this back to the E-series area without confirmation tho.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 10:41:14 AM »
Now that I look closer I see a ribbon cable running across the reel window on the door. Or was that just for the "win meter?"
It's also got a coin comparator rather than a coin mech. Hmmmm...  :Scratch-Head:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2023, 07:03:18 PM »
I think an electronic acceptor and digital win meter are something you can retrofit in, but if the win meter displayed the code he mentioned, then it's an E series machine.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2023, 07:07:24 PM »
I think an electronic acceptor and digital win meter are something you can retrofit in, but if the win meter displayed the code he mentioned, then it's an E series machine.

That was my exact thought! Or... some of the segments in the display are burned out? :Tongue_Out: 
But that's a long code so I think you're right.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal