New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S5500 Topper Lights  (Read 4226 times)

Offline gwingard

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gwingard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S5500 Topper Lights
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
Hello!  I'm new to the forum and to the slot world in general and hoping someone out there can help.  Please accept ignorance for any incorrect nomenclature I use.  I recently acquired an S5500 Black and White Double Jackpot machine.  I did the battery changeover and Safe Ram clear and it came back to life nicely.  The problem I have however is that the lights behind the top glass (is this called the topper?) that I assume should come on after each coin is inserted to depict the payout potential aren't working.  I've traced the wiring harness to the backplane, cleaned and reseated the connectors and still no luck.  The bulbs aren't burned out so I'm wondering what to try next.  Could there perhaps be a dip switch that controls this function?  There are several unterminated connectors behind the top glass but I'm assuming that they are for other variants of this machine.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally S5500 Topper Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
Can you post a pic  of your machine?

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
Thanks for your response.  Here's a link to a Dropbox folder that I've put a bunch of photos in. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ipjgf9bcd1zfca/AADMEoyz7nKFaB_LcwdNBf1ha?dl=0

You may notice that behind the top glass that there are a couple of unterminated connectors and some gaffer's tape covering the holes for whatever else was once displayed on the machine. 

Hope you can help.

Geoffrey

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »
Looking at settings and I do not see an option to turn off the the lights on the award glass.
You may want to try a output test and see if they light up during the test. This is test 02 d. on pg 2-26. If they do not light up maybe the power supply isn't supplying the power for that circuit. Are all the circuit breakers pushed in that are under the power switch?

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:51:35 AM »
Ran the output test and when the credit LED gets to 8 1 the 10,000 coin and 5th coin lights come on.  None of the other award lights come on during the test. 

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »
Oh and by the way, all the fuses appear to be in the proper position.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »
Try the JW3 DIP switch settings. Write down what they are currently and then change them to this -->> Change them to 1,2,4,5, ON  and 3,6,7,8, OFF. You'll have to do a clear  -"CHC" to "CLC" for the dip switch settings  change to take effect.

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »
Did the JW3 DIP switch changes and "CHC" to "CLC" clear but unfortunately it had no effect on the award lights.  It did however disable my dollar bill acceptor and change the reels to crazy spin.  When I was in the "CLC" mode the 10,000 coin and 5th coin flashes along with one of the tower lights.  Thanks and any other suggestions?

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »
Your sure you have a good connection at the molex connector by the light sockets? If you go into the menu 47 attract mode and make sure its set to 0001 and see if the attract feature turns on the lights . It has to sit for a few minutes before the attract feature turns on.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
Another thing, I'm not sure about,  but some boards have a relay in the RLY 1 socket and some boards do not. I'm not familiar enough with the boards and the machines with the lights in the Award glass. Not all versions of the S5500 had the lights . I'm thinking the 3 & 5 line game versions may have had the coin in lights on the award glass? And maybe the board used for these single line and multi lines are different? Maybe your board is not original? I do not see a relay in the socket but I do NOT know enough about these different versions to be sure. I have only a single line machine at the moment. I do not know if a person could plug in the relay, into that socket and it would work?

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
I have indeed checked and double checked the connection on the Molex connector.  I've also hit the connector with Deoxit Red.  I'm also a tad suspect that the board in the machine might not be original as well.  I don't know who the previous owner bought it from but it seems likely that a reseller could have kluged it together from parts for a quick sale.  To do a memory clear on my board you just have to change the jumper which as I understand means that it's an earlier version.  Maybe I should be on the lookout for a later board.  Another question I have is how do I do a credit lockup reset?  I sure appreciate all your input.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 04:28:37 PM »
If you are referring to jackpot lockup, which is most likely at default of 800 credits, just turn the reset lock switch on the right side above the pull handle on the side. Once you reset, those jackpot lockup credits are lost . You can go into the menu of machine options 11d and change option 56 from 800 credits up to 5,0000 or more or less, so you do not have a lockup and reset on the larger jackpots. This way the larger jackpots got to credits.

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 05:36:22 PM »
I was, yes and no.  I've had some problems with a stubborn coin hopper being unwilling/unable to dispense payouts which basically shuts down the machine down.  Is there a way to cancel out a smaller number of credits than a jackpot lockout of 800 or whatever and get the game back up without doing a memory clear?

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Try option 54 for hopper amount payout max and enter a small amount and the balance may go lock up and you would use the reset key. I have not tried this so I'm not sure if this works or this is what you are looking for?

Offline gwingard

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:51 PM »
I see where you're going here but I don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for.  I've cleaned my hopper and hopefully it's working better but what I'd like to know is if there is a way to simply clear a payout that's due if the hopper locks up without having to do a memory clear.

Online Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
Not sure there is any other way. Hopefully other that have been behind the wheel on the S5500 longer than I will chime in here.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal