New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No "Insert Coin"  (Read 10506 times)

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
Re: No "Insert Coin"
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
If there is even one byte of data missing or wrong on any of the program chips, the CPU will set an error code, so I don't think the P1 would have corrupt data, as long as the game plays.

No idea why it's doing that. I hope someday someone here on the list can contribute "hacking" data that can allow us to modify the RNG, or limit it somewhat so our home machines will win with better odds. Or, add a few bells and cherries to the strips and have the program recognize them, upping the payout odds.

Gotta be some retired Bally software guys here...

Offline sudsy7

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sudsy7 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »
Well, I replaced the -133 chip with the -102 chip and the result was no change (insert coin lamp still does not work). 

Ramegoom - when you get back to town, can you double-check that your Insert Coin light works on your machines with the 583784 installed?  I could be wrong, but everything I've tried points to that chip not being programmed correctly.

If anyone else happens to have a machine that uses the 583784 chip, please let me know if your Insert Coin light works as well.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
OK, the machine that has this chip in it is a 5 line 3 coin machine, and I only have one like it. Went to turn it on, and a bank of resistors on the IO board went up in smoke...so I need to find the problem before it happens again. I believe I did have the coin-in light but now I can't be sure.

I'll let you know.

Offline cyenergy

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »
No there is a lockout coil on the comp. it is energized when a coin is accepted and de-energized when max bet is reached so yea maybe that would work.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline cyenergy

• Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
oh yea after the first coin passes the abc optic it is then energized so idle there is no power to coil on cc. so no insert coin in idle state.
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline sudsy7

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »
oh yea after the first coin passes the abc optic it is then energized so idle there is no power to coil on cc. so no insert coin in idle state.
You lost me.  Are we talking about a Series E here? I don't have an electronic coin comparator or anything like that - just a simple coin mech that has a NO/NC Cherry switch with a wireform arm that actuates the switch as it passes by on it's way to the hopper. :Scratch-Head:

Offline sudsy7

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 06:26:09 PM »
My machine has an AS-2980-5600 I/O board.  I notice there is also an AS-2980-5500 I/O board for these machines as well.  I wonder if that would make any difference.  Anyone know what is different between them?

Offline dhellis

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »
My machine has an AS-2980-5600 I/O board.  I notice there is also an AS-2980-5500 I/O board for these machines as well.  I wonder if that would make any difference.  Anyone know what is different between them?

I have seen a number of boards marked AS2980-5500 and a number marked AS2980-5600, the circuit board is
electrically the same. All but one of these boards looked exactly like the other which really means that those
that say -5500 are really 5600 unless you notice that  these components are missing.

R1A thru R6A
R13A thru R18A
R16A thru R31A

C1 thru C6
C13 thru C19
C16 thru C31

The true 5500 board will not have the LM555 (U18) timer and the decoder proms U10 and U15 use
part numbers E751-24 and E751-25 (the 5600 board uses E751-4 in both sockets)

The 5500 is really intended to be an additional IO board when a machine needs more ports than provided
by the 5600.

So says the FO-650-25 manual for the K661 tester.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
Is this the difference between I/O boards? I was talking with another NLG member about I/O and this is what they were described as- "I/o enhanced boards (board that amplifies or duplicates output for sound board."  Or am I on the wrong track and this is reference to the small piggyback board plugged into the I/O for sound ribbon cable connection? Is there two different I/O 's one for example E1000 and enhanced I/O for E2000  with sound ?

Offline dhellis

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »
Is this the difference between I/O boards? I was talking with another NLG member about I/O and this is what they were described as- "I/o enhanced boards (board that amplifies or duplicates output for sound board."  Or am I on the wrong track and this is reference to the small piggyback board plugged into the I/O for sound ribbon cable connection? Is there two different I/O 's one for example E1000 and enhanced I/O for E2000  with sound ?

The differences that I described are what is stated in the tester manual. I don't know that it is enhanced I/O or not
and I have really only seen one. Normally what I see when someone has a sound card is a very small board on
the other 16 pin socket. That small board provides additional buffering.

Offline sudsy7

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 03:59:35 AM »
Would anyone have any Bally literature to see if there are any other program chips beside the 583784, that would work on a 5 line pay with reels M231-186, -187, and -188?

Offline sudsy7

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »
Unbelievable!!! The machine was getting susceptible to power flucuations (when the central air conditioner would turn on, I noticed the machine would reset itself).  So I put in a brand new power supply board, which not only cured the reset issue, but now the insert coin lamp works like it should, too!  I don't see how replacement of the power supply could relate to the insert coin lamp, but I'm not going to argue with the result.  Thanks to all who helped me on this issue!
 :thank_you:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:58:24 PM by sudsy7 »

Offline MarkInAz

• Reputation Power: 4
  • MarkInAz New User has no influence.
  • It's always something
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
:-)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal