New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma 32B Power-Up error  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Lup

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lup New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma 32B Power-Up error
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I’ve read through the posts and even read several Sigma manuals, but having trouble seeing what voltage specs are for this 3 reel 32B
I’m getting the “Power-up” error on the front display. I know that from the manual but it says nothing else about it. This error for the electricity being too high? Or does it need to be higher? Also the top service light is flashing, which I believe is for the same error.
At the power supply, I’m showing 5.1v, 12.1v and 23.89v. On the inside of the door is another computer board, and I’m showing 4.9v and 11.9v there.

I found a post from another site that someone said the 5 volts needs to be 5.8v out of the power supply. No idea if this is correct.

All the voltages appear perfect at the power supply. Is there any “test” points to check voltage elsewhere on the pcb?

I have removed and reseated all removable chips.

So I guess the bottom line question- what does Power-up error mean?

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks!!
Kyle

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:01:18 AM by Lup »

Offline wjpelka

• Reputation Power: 7
  • wjpelka New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Sigma 32B Power-Up error
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
Kyle,

I have a 50B and a bunch of manuals that show my actual circuit board and some of the schematics. It also covers the 32's. More information will help get some of that info. Pictures always help and where are you seeing the error?

Main Circuit board number, serial number of the machine, Coin denomination and number of pay off lines.

Reply with these and we will work on it. I Thought my power supply was bad till I noticed that a yellow wire to the daughterboard had ripped aa pin of a IC Chip...

Bill in Spokane

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
Here's my error on the front of the machine.  Previous post has layout for what errors are displayed.

The top of the service light or "tower" is blinking.  According to the manual this only happens with TILT fault.  I see no TILT light to indicate a fault.

I'll post more pics soon.
Thanks,
Kyle

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:32:53 AM »
I just powered down my 50B. Upon re-power I get the same TILT error. Drop a coin and it goes away. Might try that.

Still need the boards number to locate the proper schematic and get it to you. Then you can run a voltage check...

Bill in Spokane

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:36:39 PM »
Thanks for your patience. Finally resized some photos do I can post. Here’s the pics you wanted.

I turned the 5volt up by a small potentiometer on the power supply. My 5volt is now up all the way and showing 5.3v at power supply and 5.1v on the door cpu pins.
I still get the “power-up” error dash on the door, but seems like if it sits on, or closing the door, makes this error dash go away.
I’m now getting “door closed” error dash, When the door is closed!! I don’t get it. The insert coin light is on, and blinking top light, but a coin doesn’t start a game
The door switch appears to work but it has 3 wires going to it. The 32B wiring diagram with same PCB that I have, only shows 2 wires in diagram. This is how it was when I got this machine.  Not sure if this wiring is correct, although the machine appears in great shape inside without wire hacking from repairs.

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »
Wiring...

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »
Door Closed error...

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 06:30:50 AM »
Door switch on my 50B is Gray, Green and blue. When I watch the diagnostic 8 segment digit on the front, with the door open, I push on the white door button on the left and a segment is lit (TOP-LEFT). When I pull on the button the segment goes out and the other one lights up(TOP-RIGHT). Leaving the button pulled out allows you to have access to the internals and be able to troubleshoot...

Glad to see that you found the schematic.

As soon as I open the door, the TILT light lights up. When I close the door it is still lit till I play a credit or drop a coin.

Good Luck...

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 07:26:05 AM »
Here is another Schematic and it shows the door as a 3 wire...

Attached, hope it works...

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »
Bill,
Thank you for the reply.
I guess turning up the 5volts fixed the “ power-up” error.

I understand everything you are saying about the open and closed errors on your machine. Mine does the exact same, but still throws the “door closed” error on front on machine. It changes from open to close from the 16 digit display, but does not turn off that error. If I open the door, it flips back and forth like it should, but does not turn off the closed door when shut.
Even if I put a matching coin through, it does nothing.

So where I’m at now. Closed door error, with flashing top light on machine. Coin does nothing but appears to recognize correct coin.(throws to hopper).

The wires to door switch are backwards from your machine, but all appear to work correctly.

Can you check the voltage at the door switch and report back? I have a feeling it knows the door is open or closed, but not seeing the correct voltage to turn off the error.

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 05:44:33 AM »
I will be busy and away from the Machine on Sat and Sun.

I will check the voltage on the door switch.

I saw that you had some books on the machine. Do you have the sg50/sg32 Slot Operators Manual 360031 dated 5/15/95?

Have you tried entering the diagnostics mode to see what is going on?

Might try disabling the Dollar Bill Validator, just to take another possible trouble causing item out of the problem.

Have you tried adding a single dollar bill into the machine? Coins going into the hopper sounds like its a good thing.

With power off, you might want to disconnect the ribbon cables to the Main Board. CN4 feeds the door, so that be a problem. Also on the left side of the CN3 on the schematic are 2 switches Test and Reset. Might want to follow them out and see what they do. I have a SG50B, so I think mine is different...

Good Luck... I was hoping someone with an actual SG-32B would jump in and have some info... Sigma are rather "Rare" and not a whole lot of data out there...

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »
Yes I have the manual from 1995.

According to the factory wiring diagram, the correct wiring for this 32B door switch is, from top to bottom..
-Green (ground) from CH3 (main board)
-Blue (Normally Closed) from J1 (SDS or SIS board, behind top glass) possibly 12VDC
-Grey (Normally Open) from CH3 (main board) possibly 5vdc

Green to Grey = 5.2vdc
Green to Blue = 11.15vdc

There is no specs on what these voltages should be.  Given what I got, I would assume 5 and 12 volts.  The 12 seems low to me, and mayvbe why I'm still seeing the "door closed" indicator on the front when the door is closed.

Your 50B looks similar but the wires come off the main board connector in different positions.  Maybe that's why my wire colors are different than yours.

I need anyone with a 32B or 50B to please remove your door switch wires and check the voltages.
I need to know what direction to take from here

Kyle

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 05:07:27 PM »
Disregard the voltages up top of the paper

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »
This is the picture of my 50B Door Switch. It has a C (common) on the left with a gray wire. Center is a blue wire that is connected to the NC (Normally Closed) and the right wire is green and is connected to the NO (Normally Open). The schematic that I have for my Board is SG-50B, B31-1F PCB Slot. Number is 310010. Only half of the switch is being used. It has the capabilities of pulling the white operating button "OUT" to allow the machine to operate as if the door was closed. Allows you to see what is going on inside...

Hope the picture posts...IF not. I'll repost it...

Offline wjpelka

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 09:00:54 AM »
I just did the voltage checks. With the door open I get 0 VDC at Gray (Common) to Blue (Normally Closed). I get 9.37 VDC at Gray (Common) to Green (Normally Open). When I pull the switch out, I get 11.09 VDC at Gray (Common) to Blue (Normally Closed). I get 0 at Gray (Common) to Green (Normally Closed).

While to voltage readings are not at 12 VDC, I do get the flip flop of voltages when the switch is operated from open to closed. AND my machine is working. I suspect the voltage is drawn down by other circuits that are operated when the door is in different positions.

After looking at your voltages It looks like the voltages are questionable. I am a retired Maintenance Electrician and the green threw me for a while and I suspected that it was common and also ground. Upon further investigation GRAY is common. So the voltages you want to measure are C to NC and C to NO. Gray to Blue and Gray to Green.

You did mention that your colors from the factory print showed Green as ground. I would take a very close look at the switch for indications of what is common, NC and NO. You might have to take the switch out of the machine and bench test it to see what is common and what is NO and NC. In the normal, button "un-pushed" position, the NC and common with read zero on an ohmeter. Pushing the button should make the reading go to infinity.

You can take a picture and post it. That might help...

We are getting somewhere...

Your schematic only shows the gray and green wire and it says the blue goes to the NC on the switch. It's a shame they didn't draw the switch the way they did for my machine...

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 11:51:13 AM »
I concluded that the green was ground after there was 0.3 ohms between it and chassis ground. I unplugged all 3 wires on the door switch to get my voltage measurements.  I wanted to see what the pcb was sending to each wire. I got my measurements form ground and touching the other 2 wires.

The "power up" indicator on the front, seems to go away after a few mins and opening and closing the main door.  Weird thing is that I opened the bill door and now it's showing an error like the main door. 
As of now, everything appears ok,the main door and bill door closed indicators are on, and the top service light is still flashing.

I'm going to assume that there's an issue with a chip somewhere, but without a pcb schematic, I'm pretty much at a loss....

Offline Lup

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
Both the main door and bill door have +5 volts going to them. I jumpered both, and no change.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal