New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt s+ code 41  (Read 14924 times)

Offline Fredsan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fredsan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: igt s+ code 41
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 11:52:09 PM »
If you put another board in the bad machine and don't get the same 41 error your original board gives you, the problem is on the processor board, (if you actually have a problem).

It's been my experience that you don't need a clear chip, you can simply short out the battery for a few seconds, (although I wouldn't do that too often, as it shortens battery life), or you can just remove the CMOS chip for a few seconds and then reinstall it. Be careful not to bend any pins, and also to put it in the correct way.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 307
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »
I like to cut the battery trace and put in a 2 pin PC jumper header.

Remove the jumper and the RAM is disconnected from the battery.

Mostly used to keep the battery on a stock board from discharging if it sits on a shelf for a length of time.

The Tantilum cap next to the RAM chip can be discharged with a pair of needle nose making the RAM clear (with the battery disconnected of course).

If you have a small drill bit and can drill two holes spaced .1" apart directly through the battery trace you may want to try this solution instead of shorting the battery.

Removing the RAM and setting it on a piece of metal that shorts all of it's pins at once works but the chip must remain on the metal for a couple of minutes.

Not shorting it's pins will result in a RAM full of partial bytes of random bits.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Fredsan

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 12:51:27 AM »
The jumper is an excellent idea for extending shelf life. Why didn't I think of that??

Offline slotmandave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • slotmandave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2014, 02:04:21 PM »
That is some think I don't know? How do you tell the difference between the 10 and the 16 MHz?  Thanks Dave

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 02:14:06 PM »
I took the batteries out of the boards and also took the cmos chip out also for a few min. It still won't get out of the 65 0

When I put the board in the broken machine I can't go past 61 after pressing the test button ,it stays at 61, But if I put it in the working machine 61 comes up and after I press the test button it comes up 61 1 , after that I close the door and hit the reset key and it goes to 65 0 and stays there

Offline Fredsan

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Let's go back and regroup.  How many processor boards do you have, and do they all have game, reel, and CMOS chips installed?
How many machines do you have access to, and do any of the boards work in any of the machines? Have you removed the eproms and reinstalled them, making sure there are no bent pins? Sorry, but I guess I need to ask... are the proms in the right sockets? The reel proms should be 2764 or equivalents, the game proms should be 27c512.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
That is some think I don't know? How do you tell the difference between the 10 and the 16 MHz?  Thanks Dave

10mhz boards have a little dial (pot) by the black handle for adjusting the volume. 16mhz boards do not have this feature (volume is controlled in the settings).
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
How do you tell the difference between the 10 and the 16 MHz?

See this FAQ post.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 08:46:13 AM »
OK I assume all the boards not working are 10 MHz, And the over problem is is ,My haywire machine came up with a code 41, I tried to reset ,no go, I switched the reels from 1 to 2 and came up 41 and then flashed 42,  Next I tried aclear chip to the board but can't get past the code 61 on that machine, So I tried it in another working machine a RED, WHITE, BLUE and I got past the code 61 after pressing the white test but and it went to 61 1 as it should then tried closing the door and turned the reset key it went to 65 0 and that's it except it can go into accounting?
I tried another working board from a triple play and no go it that broken machine , and now won't play in the working triple play machine?
I removed both batteries from those boards and the cmos chip  and one comes up with the same 61 and goes no farther , and now the other one comes up with nothing.
I now tried the other working board from the RWB machine in the broken haywire and still no go but the board works in the RWB
I really would like to get the Haywire up and running as it is a favorite.
I have order a new clear chip in case there is a problem with the old one?
Thinking about getting a new haywire board but don't want to ruin it in the machine or waste my money .
So it stands now 2 machines down , I have four other working machines but afraid of switching parts and having them down from that.
Any other thoughts would really be appreciated, Thanks Dave

Offline Fredsan

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
Look at the connectors, both on the board and on the motherboard. Make sure there are no bent pins or dirt or dust on them.  Make sure the boards are seated well when you install them in the machine.

If you have jumpers next to the reel and game chips, make sure they connect the two pins away from the battery side of the board.

This sounds like a contact problem between one of the proms, probably the reel, maybe the CMOS chip. The game chip is what's running the processor, so it looks to be ok since it's going through at least a part of it's program.  The proms and CMOS all share a common data and address bus, so those lines should be ok. I assume there is a chip select line, but my schematics are too poor for me to read. I would continue to look for the problem to be in the CMOS/reel chip to socket connection.

Offline cyenergy

• Reputation Power: 7
  • cyenergy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
Don't go to the mpu yet geeze did it see a door closure yes or no if no take either emitter or receiver off and face them torwards each other if it resets adjust optics . do you have a validator check that switch short the wires or by pass it behind right side of reel three just unplug and plug other end into door harness   belly door check to make sure that switch is making printer if so make sure printer switch is making . total of three switches and one door optic emitter and receiver .
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
If there is a switch inside the cash can door of the bill validator remove the two wires, strip some insulation off of each one, twist them together with a small wire nut.

A 65-0 could also mean a bad EEPROM on the back plane board.

Attached is a layout for the backplane board, make sure all of your connectors are in the proper spot.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Are we forgetting that this game USED to work? ??? Or am I confused? ???
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:30:06 AM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
OK, I have some new things to check, And yes this machine played great until last week , My first question is I have tried these two boards in another working machine that works with its own board and still won't play or reset in that machine, and yet this working board won't work in the non working machine? Also where is the EEprom we talk about.

And while typing this I just found a bent pin on one board so let me see if I can bend it and try it.
Thanks for the input on every thing but I don't think we have it yet, I will update everyone,

THANKS  DAVE

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »
The EEPROM is on the backplane board that the MPU board plugs into.

It's a small 8 pin chip, usually soldered to the board.

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2014, 05:31:10 PM »
I was back at it tonight, still no luck but I did get one board past the 61 to 61 1 then closed the door hit the reset and got 65 3 then keyed it again and it went to 65 2 but no more just bookkeeping now this was in a good working machine?

Also tried it in the broken machine but now nothing happens? no displays nothing so I switched out the power supply , still nothing? So it has to be a connection? but which one ? I checked them  they looked good?

I am not having fun with this one, but not giving up yet!

Any more thoughts?
THANKS

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 448
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
After the 65_2 you have to open the door and hold the reset button for a few seconds.  See the common error procedures here:

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cyenergy

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »
Way far ahead of yourself here you have door closure right ?
reel one you put in reel 2 did you get a 42 or a 41?
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline cyenergy

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2014, 05:08:04 PM »
Are we forgetting that this game USED to work? ??? Or am I confused? ???

All games used to work... :Scratch-Head:
26 year Union Slot Tech.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
slotmandave,

Can i ask where you are located?     maybe if you would like, maybe there is a member nearby that could stop by and help out?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal