New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha A2 Curve will not recognize clear card  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Canaslot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Canaslot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha A2 Curve will not recognize clear card
« on: August 05, 2023, 06:00:08 PM »
I am trying to revive my Bally Curve Machine.  I had to remove the back plane to replace the battery socket that had cracked plastic.  I changed out all 3 dead batteries and put the clear card in the top slot as instructed in Bally Field Service Guide and turned on the power.  The machine goes thru the boot sequence like the clear card is not even there and it gives the nvram mount failure message.  HELP Please!!

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha A2 Curve will not recognize clear card
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 06:14:48 PM »
Have you tried the install card and see if the install screen comes up?

What clear card are you using?

Some extra tips... make sure your MPU is pushed in all the way.
-------
Charles

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  The install screen does come up.  I might add that I had also put in a no limits jurisdiction chip since the machine was last started.

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 06:31:06 PM »
I don't know which clear card I have.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 06:34:53 PM »
Maybe the jurisdiction chip is bad. I would put back the original one and see if you still have problems. A bad jurs chip will cause the system not to boot sometimes.
-------
Charles

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 07:40:25 PM »
If you install another curve game it will ram clear without the card. Does the install screen show the new jurisdiction chip?

If you don’t know what clear you have I’m guessing it could be bad.
-------
Charles

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 08:07:27 PM »
I guess the clear card is corrupt.  I can't read it in the card reader.  It is a 230311A 360 00.

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 08:11:53 PM »
The install card is a 227207F.  I have a 227274C Bios.  What is the correct clear card?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 08:31:06 PM »
Have you tried to install another game or re-install current one?

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023, 08:36:42 PM »
The game re-installs.  The NVRam error is gone.  Game boots up, but shows that the setup is not complete.  I turn the key and the setup screen has no choices to complete the setup.   My clear card is not recognized  by the machine.  I assume that the card is corrupt.  I have one coming this week.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 07:13:37 AM »
I would try to set it up again. Does it say game is not setup complete?  It could be the I-deck settings, it can be the hardest thing to setup.  Sometimes it will let you save I-deck settings but then says game setup not complete.

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 08:14:39 AM »
The problem seems to be that the only the attendant menu including the messages   Pending status,  denomination not set, paytable not set, devices not set, date/time not set, attendant menu entered  comes up when the key is turned.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 08:22:27 AM »
Don't turn the key.  Do a normal install like you are changing games.  Install card top slot, game card bottom slot.

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 09:40:55 AM »
You need to setup the game again. Have you ever had to setup an alpha 2 game before? If not it’s fairly easy. Instead of turning the key to enter the menu you need to hit the white button on the MPU to setup the game.

If you need help setting up a game there is a tutorial.
-------
Charles

Offline Canaslot

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »
IT LIVES!  Thanks to all for the help.  I installed a different game and did not make the mistake of pushing the white button or attendant key out of sequence.  Did the setups, including the tito, the machine works great.   I still believe my clear card is corrupt which was the source of my problems after the battery change.  I have a new original clear card on the way.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal