New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha S9 issues/questions  (Read 669 times)

Offline QuickHit

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • QuickHit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha S9 issues/questions
« on: October 22, 2023, 09:56:13 AM »
Just got my first Bally Alpha S9-1 and started researching which brought me to this amazing forum. I have a few questions hoping I can find the answers here:

1. The handle does not work, it doesn't spin the reels. I notice it locks and unlocks when it’s supposed to but pulling it all the way down does nothing. I checked in the setup it is set for a 5 button machine which is correct but nothing referring to the handle. What can I check here to make it start working properly?

2. I have a ticket printer and bill validator all working fine but noticed the tickets aren't accepted in the validator. After digging in this forum I found I need to have a TITO which I do not see. Found TITO@HOME which looks like what I need to accept the tickets and enter free credits. Is this still the best option for my machine?

3. I have a 3 reel setup and the middle reel intermittently makes a winding sound when spinning, the first and third reels seem quiet. Any way to oil it up or resolve without replacing the reel?

Thanks to all you pros for any help!

EDIT: Game is ‘In The Money’
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 11:33:34 AM by QuickHit »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally Alpha S9 issues/questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

1. There should be a microswitch on the handle assembly inside the machine.  Make sure it's operating correctly and that a wire hasn't come off of it.

2.  Yes a TITO@Home board is a good choice to use in your machine.

3.  The Alpha's reels do sometimes make a whining sound.  Sometimes the reel strip flutters a little in the basket in causes it to make noise.  If you search the alpha forum you may find some tips that may help quiet it down some, but you don't want use oil on them!

Offline QuickHit

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • QuickHit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 03:32:50 PM »
Thanks Tilt!! Your response about a possible loose wire prompted me to stick my head inside and look at the back of the handle and indeed I found 2 wires pulled out of the plug,  possibly intentionally. I pushed these back in and now it works!

I ended up ordering the bettor tito after seeing the web interface. Thanks for your helpful response!!

One more question, not sure if it should be a new thread: where can I find the square buttons brand new? I see used ones sold on ebay but i’d like to buy new ones any leads here?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 03:50:40 PM »
Glad to hear you got the handle working and all it needed was to put the wires back on.  Yeah, it's possible that someone removed them, but not sure why they would.  Sometimes you see it with the cashout button so you can't cash out the credits on the machine.

Better TITO is good too, and does offer some networking ability as well as using their app to add credits to the machine etc.  Support is good too.  TITO@home is just a basic TITO without any wireless capability, but works well too and also has good support. 

Spin Inc has new buttons for your machine.  Here's a link to a rectangular one.  They have others too and you can search for other parts for it too if you need anything else.

https://www.spininc.com/button-led-12-vdc-rectangular-32mm-x-26mm-lens-cap-microswitch-bally-alpha

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal