New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Buying s9000  (Read 743 times)

Offline Inetjnky

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Inetjnky New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Buying s9000
« on: October 24, 2023, 04:03:07 AM »
I’m in the process of purchasing a wild 7s Bally s9000.  In my research here I’m seeing there are different boards for these games.  How can I tell which board I have in the machine and is there a list of games I can and cannot play on it based on the board?  I’d like to eventually convert it to a white fire if I can find a game kit.

I thought I read a post here that had that board distinction and game list but now I can’t find it.

Thanks!

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Buying s9000
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »
The boards you are referring to is the MPU, which is where the cpu part of the machine exists.  There are essentially 4 different models around. 256MB, 512MB, 1
GB and the latest one that has removable memory and can go up to 2GB.  All slot games will work with the 1GB version or better (also runs at 1Ghz speed), almost all will work with the 512MB version (400Mhz speed), certainly the QH titles will run with no issues.  It's hard to find anything with the 256MB (300Mhz speed) on an S9000 elite (the one with the widescreen monitor on top).  Most mpu's will be of the 512MB variety.  The easy way to tell is when the machine boots up, you will see the memory count up.  You could also pull out the mpu and get the model number and compare it to this list.  It is easy to find these MPU's at the time of this posting, so if you ever run into a game that requires the 1Ghz MPU, you could just buy one, or better yet, but it now and use it and keep the 512MB one as a backup.  You are unlikely to source an S9000 with a 1Ghz mpu (unless the dealer replaces it for you), as these were mostly used for V20/20 video cabinets, more specifically Gamemaker HD's.  They were later also used on the transmissive S9000 which was short lived because WMS put an end to it with a lawsuit.

PCA39456‐0‐0   this is the 300/400Mhz with 256/512MB fixed memory.
PCA39456‐4‐0   this is the 1Ghz with fixed 1GB Ram.
PCA204934‐0‐0 this is the 1Ghz with expandable memory up to 2GB
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Inetjnky

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 02:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Couple follow up questions.  Where would I source a new board with the 1ghz mpu?  Would you have a link handy?  If I’m going to do that would it be better to just buy the one with the capability to expand and not limit myself to 1ghz fixed?  When swapping boards, do I need a clear card and is there a process documented anywhere on performing the swap?  Thanks and appreciate your response.

Jason

Offline Inetjnky

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 11:10:49 PM »
The boards you are referring to is the MPU, which is where the cpu part of the machine exists.  There are essentially 4 different models around. 256MB, 512MB, 1
GB and the latest one that has removable memory and can go up to 2GB.  All slot games will work with the 1GB version or better (also runs at 1Ghz speed), almost all will work with the 512MB version (400Mhz speed), certainly the QH titles will run with no issues.  It's hard to find anything with the 256MB (300Mhz speed) on an S9000 elite (the one with the widescreen monitor on top).  Most mpu's will be of the 512MB variety.  The easy way to tell is when the machine boots up, you will see the memory count up.  You could also pull out the mpu and get the model number and compare it to this list.  It is easy to find these MPU's at the time of this posting, so if you ever run into a game that requires the 1Ghz MPU, you could just buy one, or better yet, but it now and use it and keep the 512MB one as a backup.  You are unlikely to source an S9000 with a 1Ghz mpu (unless the dealer replaces it for you), as these were mostly used for V20/20 video cabinets, more specifically Gamemaker HD's.  They were later also used on the transmissive S9000 which was short lived because WMS put an end to it with a lawsuit.

PCA39456‐0‐0   this is the 300/400Mhz with 256/512MB fixed memory.
PCA39456‐4‐0   this is the 1Ghz with fixed 1GB Ram.
PCA204934‐0‐0 this is the 1Ghz with expandable memory up to 2GB

Hello Rick, I found a new 1ghz MPU online and purchased.  The MPU Part number is 209194 Rev C.  Waiting for it to get here to verify the PCA#.  The board has no chips or any video card / ram so I'm trying to piece it together.  My goal is to remove the current MPU and just set it aside and install the new one with all the new parts in place so I have a primary and the original that came with the machine as a backup.  Secondarily I also purchased a BIOS chip to go with it (AVBBPROR1MPU-02 16 Meg) and a jurisdiction chip (Generic No Limits AVJURGEUSEN0-0) both from JJ Slots (4 pack).  I'm still looking for an OS card (AVOS000000321-XX) and Clear card AVOCLEAR0320-00.  Would Bally ALPHA OS Series (2G) AVOS00000336-09 work instead of 321?  Spin Inc has this version but I cannot locate 321 anywhere.  I'm still looking for the RAM and Video card as well but believe I have a source for both of those.  Am I missing anything else that I may need for this new board?  Appreciate any assistance on this.  Thank you.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal