New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: first timer IGT splus do I need a clear chip ?  (Read 24942 times)

Offline leocat168

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • leocat168 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: first timer IGT splus do I need a clear chip ?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
This is great to be able to talk to ppl who can help..!!!!. I really want to get this thing goin.   Battery was clean just dead.  the Volume control , I got to move it was just stiff.  I'm suspect of that door optic tho.  I'll be posting more pics just takes me awhile lol..  if I do get the chip Im not sure which or how it attaches lol

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 05:22:27 PM »
Might want to remove the mpu and see what's hanging up the volume control. It should move freely from one stop to the other. If you take out the mpu you can post a photo of it, maybe we can see something not right. Was the old battery leaking anything out of it, or was it just dead but clean? Since the mpu mounts vertically sometimes stuff comes out of the battery and drips down onto another area of the mpu or even the motherboard.

Yes post some pics. Let's see if the MPU is the problem.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 05:24:58 PM »
Sometimes people can turn a volume pot hard past the endpoint and then it gets jammed. If your sound is working ok then you can worry about the volume control later, get the error 61 cleared up and enjoy playing the game. If you do look at the volume control you can examine it closely and maybe can see what is going on with it.

The volume control will look something like this, has its terminals soldered to the board.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 05:25:58 PM »
They'll send instructions on the chip.  You can put a piece of tape on the the machine and pencil mark where the optic is. Then put one on the the door with the latch all the way down and mark it. When the door is shut with the latch down the marks should line up.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 05:30:36 PM »
ok  pencil mark is slightly off... maybe 1/16 - 1/8 th but i also dont have the coin tray in... that might lift it the difference..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 05:33:20 PM »
I don't think the coin tray touches the door so it shouldn't matter. On some machines there is a metal lifting ramp mounted on the cabinet and a roller mounted on the door, so it helps to lift the door a little as the door is shut.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 05:35:16 PM »
I'm gonna put board hopper and tray back on and make sure im not off

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »
This is great to be able to talk to ppl who can help..!!!!. I really want to get this thing goin.   Battery was clean just dead.  the Volume control , I got to move it was just stiff.  I'm suspect of that door optic tho.  I'll be posting more pics just takes me awhile lol..  if I do get the chip Im not sure which or how it attaches lol

On the mpu board there are 2 main software chips, they are eproms, labelled on the board as GAME and REEL. These chips are mounted into sockets so they can be removed. To do a CLEAR procedure you remove one of these chips and install the CLEAR chip, then power up the machine to do the ram clear. The SET procedure is similar. As Shaggy said, the chip will come with instructions.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:59 PM »
ok  pencil mark is slightly off... maybe 1/16 - 1/8 th but i also dont have the coin tray in... that might lift it the difference..

The coin tray won't make a difference. If the latch is going all the way down and the marks are off, you need to loosen the screws and move the the optic slightly. These are an emitter and a receiver and have to line up for the machine to work. Try a slight adjustment and see if the door closes and makes the displays blink.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »
Do  you just pull it off the board?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »

Are you talking about the board tray? It should always be on. The coin tray is not important in this phase.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

not sure what you are referring to, I'm gonna be quiet for a bit so I don't get things confused.   :garfield:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »
ok I'm going to adjust the door optic slightly and send the pics of the mpu...brb

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 05:48:47 PM »
DO NOT power anything up with the MPU out of the machine!

Dave

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
no worries :yes:

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 05:55:20 PM »
the adjustment wont go any further in the direction i actually need it to... but its only a hair off... and if i lift on the door slightly it lines up and still no change in the display  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »
Generally S+ machines don't have optic problems but it never hurts to check.

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 06:02:06 PM »
I'll try anything

Offline leocat168

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »
funny thing is i cant get it to go back to the 61-1 either

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
But have you checked behind the optics to make sure there isn't a wire that has been pinched or broken? After getting to the 61-1 when you close the door it should clear and come back on and initiate or go back to 61. If the display doesn't clear, the optics are not working.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal