New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S6000 coinundrum  (Read 2831 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
S6000 coinundrum
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »
So I have these 2 S6000 machines, I got them all at once along with a few more S6000's as well as part of a mass purchase. The problem I'm having with these 2 machines in particular is coin acceptance. One will take coins to the hopper but not register them. The other one just diverts all coins back to the tray. Now I know what your thinking, bad optic board on the first and bad comparitor on the second. But nope that doesn't seem to be the problem. Here's what I've done so far, on both machines I have replaced the coin in optic boards, the comparitors, the comparitor wiring harnesses and I've even tried different MPU's all from other working machines with no luck, problem still exists. I also tried reseating the wire harness plug into the backplane board, still nothing. I determined each machines problem is specific to that machine, the problem does not follow or change with any parts replacement. So now I'm scatching my head in confusion, any ideas? Thoughts on the matter?
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: S6000 coinundrum
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:06 PM »
Ok I got the one that wouldn't register coins working. It was an issue with the prism, now all coins register correctly. Still having a problem with the other one though. It still diverts all coins to the tray in spite of replacing everything except the wiring harness. If I keep the rake open the coin will go to the hopper but is not registered. No prism issues with this one and all wires to the comparitor and optic board have correct voltage readings. The optic board led is lit as well but this machine refuses to accept coins no matter what I do. Guess I'll have to crack open the wiring harness and start tracing each wire one by one. Not really what I want to do but I cant think of anything else to try.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:49:59 PM »
just thinking here,,,

Your coin comparitor sample coin is ok or you tried a different one? (or maybe you tried a known good working comparitor that already had a known good sample coin).

Did you double-check any and all the preference settings that might account for this, like a hopper setting or a credit limit set to something whacky that would keep the machine from accepting any coins because it would go past a credit limit? Or the machine set to coinless operation? If all of the hardware possibilities check ok then I'd take a slow, hard look at the operational settings to make sure they are ok. It sometimes just takes one setting selected to the wrong thing to foul things up. Are the game chips normal ones for that machine, not special tournament chips? Is your machine somehow in "Demo" mode,,,that doesn't allow coins to be inserted.

PS> what do you mean by the "prism" having an issue, I'm not aware what part that is??
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »
Yes I have swapped out all coin in related parts with working ones from other machines and I have reset and verified all option settings but the problem persists. The game chips are factory issue with nothing especially unique about them. I have 2 other machines with the same chips and they work perfectly. I even  installed a mpu from one of the working machines but that made no difference either.

The prism is just that, a little glass prism located on the backside of the mounting block that reflects and returns the coin optic beam back to the optic board. Misalignment with cause the beams path to be broken and no coins will register.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 05:18:39 PM »
Just for the record, kicking it didn't fix it either...  :banghead:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 06:14:24 PM »
well, at least you have another machine of the same model that works, you're ahead of most people that aren't that lucky when a difficult problem happens. In theory, you should be able to use the good working machine to figure out what is causing the problem on the broken machine. Just to recap, you have swapped all major assemblies from a working machine into the broken machine and the problem persists? And you have carefully checked the various preference settings? Can the power supply cause something like this? 
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 06:35:31 PM »
Yes I have swapped all related parts with known good parts and the problem remains. Yes I have checked all settings and options which are correct, the problem remains. I'm not aware of the power supply causing any issue like this. In fact other than the coin in issue the machine works perfectly. I can add credits by inserting a bill in the validator just can't get it to accept coins.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »
The problem is in the machine itself not with the parts. At this point I'm suspecting a bad or broken wire or possibly a bad solder joint or wire connector. As I said earlier I'm just gonna have to start tracing wires in the harness one by one until I find it or just replace the entire wiring harness itself which would probably be easier if I could find another one.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal