New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Double Wild Cherry  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Nick505

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Nick505 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Double Wild Cherry
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:21:23 PM »
Hey guys, I am new here and have really been drawn to the "older" Igt games. I found this on craigslist for $300. I obviously know that it is an IGT 2000, but is this an s or s plus? Sorry if this is a obvious question to some. Secondly would you pay $300 for this or is this one too old to enjoy home use out of? It is supposed to be complete and working. The bill acceptor is the only thing not working.

Thanks guys,

Nick

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT Double Wild Cherry
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »
It is an S+, not an S2000.  $300 is fair for that machine provided that it is working.  The S+ is built like a tank and very few things go wrong with them.  I still have a pair of S+'s that I've had for the last 18 years or so, other than replacing the battery on the MPU and a few bulbs, I've had nothing else go bad on them.  In fact you can still find S+ machines at some downtown area hotels in Las Vegas.  They are only bill/coin in/out.  The validator might end up costing you some to get it going, but the game would work out fine just coin in/out.  The validator would probably cost you $50 to $75 to replace it depending on how many of the parts you need.

I would test the machine to make sure it is working right before paying $300.  Put a few coins in, and make sure the hopper pays out the correct amount of coins.  Check all the lights to see if they power up, although they are no big deal to replace and are cheap, you cold even replace them with LEDS.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 04:50:05 PM »
The Wild Cherry themes are some of my favorites. It should have a "Position Line" reel glass. Note the generic black glass in the pic. DWC uses a red PL glass. Standard WC uses a blue PL glass either would look fine.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
The Wild Cherry themes are some of my favorites. It should have a "Position Line" reel glass. Note the generic black glass in the pic. DWC uses a red PL glass. Standard WC uses a blue PL glass either would look fine.

Shoot so the reel glass is not oem on this one? Is this something that I can purchase somewhere in order to get it back to "stock"?

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 04:55:25 PM »
I did find a black plate that replaces the players card plate.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 05:00:44 PM »
It's OEM IGT. It's just not the one that goes with the DWC theme. See pic. This is a DWC S2000 kit but principle is the same. All the WC themed reels glass has the position line because the Cherry symbol is wild 1 position above or below the payline.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 05:09:49 PM »
Hey guys, I am new here and have really been drawn to the "older" Igt games. I found this on craigslist for $300. I obviously know that it is an IGT 2000, but is this an s or s plus? Sorry if this is a obvious question to some. Secondly would you pay $300 for this or is this one too old to enjoy home use out of? It is supposed to be complete and working. The bill acceptor is the only thing not working.

Thanks guys,

Nick

From your wording it almost seems that you meant to say you know this machine is not an S2000?? The S2000 models usually have a couple of larger speakers mounted one on each side of the cabinet above the main door.

The general rule for telling if a machine is an S or S+ is:

1) If the machine has a internal/builtin bill validator then it is an S+ (this is correct most of the time).

2) If the mpu board (main logic board) plugs into another board (the motherboard) then it is an S+. Otherwise the mpu board will be connected to wiring cable harnesses with connectors that slide onto the edge connectors on the mpu and that makes it as S.

Also, it looks like the lower right corner of the top glass is broken, or maybe that is a shadow on the photo? If so, the glass can be replaced but that could be a $25-$40 item. Here are similar (but not the same) examples of top glass, don't forget to factor shipping costs for replacement glass:

http://www.spininc.com/search?q=wild%20cherry

I'd offer the guy $150 if it basically works ok, try to pretend you are not really interested, if he sees your excitement or desire to have it you'll pay more. If you pay $300 for it and then spend another $100 or more for parts you're gonna probably have more in it than you want to. just an opinion.....

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:33:52 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 269
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 05:33:21 PM »
I like rokgpsman's idea!

Did you notice if the bill validator lit up at all? Sometimes they just get gunked up and need cleaning. Or a connector may have come loose as well.
And as rickhunter said, they ARE built like a tank. Parts are easy to come by, and if you get tired of it, you can always change out the game. I recently changed my boring double diamond into a Wild Cherry.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 05:36:49 PM »
Or it could just need to be enabled with a set chip. That would be best case scenario but don't count on it.

Offline Nick505

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »
Well I just went to look at it. There is no power on the front board or display. Nothing lights up and when a coin is inserted it is returned to player. The lady told me it was working completely.  She got her husband on the phone and he is saying I just need yo replace the battery on the board. I have a vending business and knowledge tells me the battery on the board is probably only used for memory...

I left without buying it and may send them a low offer as is.  What are your thoughts on the credit/display issue?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
That's usually the harness that goes from the power supply to the mother board. They are notorious for getting hot & burning the connector at the MB end. Easy fix but I assure you a battery doesn't cause the display not to work. The display should read 12 for a weak battery code.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
This is where that power supply connector RB mentioned plugs into the motherboard, which is the interconnect board mounted on the floor of the lower area. You can remove the hopper and check the connector pretty easy, keep in mind the burned contact may be on the back side of the connector.

Kinda nervy of them to say it was working fine and then it doesn't even power up properly. Surely they knew a possible buyer would want to see it work.

Other less likely causes of a dead machine is a blown fuse, sometimes loose coins or tokens rattle around and land somewhere to cause a short when a machine is moved, especially if it is laid over horizontal. And sometimes the ac power cord gets cut/broken or disconnected inside the machine where it connects to the primary power supply box. With a bad power supply at least the fluorescent lights will come on when the machine is powered up, they are powered by the same 115 vac line cord power and a bad power supply shouldn't affect their operation (I think).

PS> Welcome to NLG!    :odie:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:55:05 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
Did the reel "stiffen up" when it was powered?  Nothing on the display can be what was pointed in the previous message, where the power connector gets burned and looses contact.  Easy fix.  The issue you face now is that you don't really know how many of the components need to be replaced (if any).  Although S+ parts are easy to find, if you need to replace a lot of them, it is probably not worth your headache if this is your first machine (unless you are a glutton for punishment like some of us here).  Parts add up quickly especially if you don't have a working machine next to it to swap parts out and find out the offending one (this is why I try to buy 2 of each machine type).  Depending on where you are located, you could pick up an S2000 for a $100 or $200 more and it has more bells and whistles.  The S+ does not accept the new $100 and never will.  The S2000's can also be made to accept tickets, so you don't even need cash around to play them.  If you like coin in/out, you may pay a bit more than $100 to $200 to get one that is fitted with the coin parts.  Again it all depends on where you live, because shipping these things add $200 or more to the price.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
......The lady told me it was working completely. She got her husband on the phone and he is saying I just need yo replace the battery on the board......

Tell him to replace the battery and call you after that fixes it completely.   :garfield:

And I still think that top glass looks broken.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »
Based on everything you've said, I'd offer $100 for it, and I'd be willing to go up to $150. If you're desperate for a machine, $200 maximum, but it's going to take some time and possibly parts to fix it.

I wouldn't try to tinker with it (power supply cable, etc.) before you buy it, as you're only potentially increasing the value of the machine.

I can tell you that with our help you will be able to get the machine running again -- they're pretty simple to fix, sometimes you just have to throw some parts at them.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
As Rokgpsman mentioned check out the top glass. It sure looks cracked to me. That alone with shipping would probably be around $50

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 10:26:41 PM »
Top glass is cracked in lower right corner. Point that out, along with the fact the machine is not working at the moment. If seller knows what's wrong (I.e. Battery) he should have spent the $10 to fix it. Since he hasn't bothered to do that, steal it for $150 and have a working machine for $200-225 max.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 07:48:16 PM »
Uhmm, what about the missing ticket printer and player card reader?  I know it's not any big deal for a home machine but, those top slots look empty to me?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 08:54:31 PM »
S plus machines generally aren't equipped with a ticket printer. I'm not even sure if you could install one in them.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 09:40:04 PM »
Uhmm, what about the missing ticket printer and player card reader?  I know it's not any big deal for a home machine but, those top slots look empty to me?

On those two empty holes in the player tracking panel, the right side hole is where you'd insert your players card into a card reader and the left side hole is for the little digital display that says "Welcome Michael, you have XXX slot points today". That panel is completely for slot club stuff, and someone has removed parts off it, probably the casino when they got rid of the machine, they may reuse the equip they remove to repair other machines they still have. Even if the card reader and digital display were still installed they wouldn't work, they would need to be connected to the casino server.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal