New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 809 underpaying  (Read 2354 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 809 underpaying
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2020, 10:03:29 PM »
anyone else not happy with this?

the parts manuals show that "switch leaf" in there, and given it's width it does seem like it was intended to go between the eccentric bumper and the stop arm (or whatever you call the thing the red arrow is pointing to in the pic below).  Is it intended to help decelerate the impact or at least spread if over the rubber?

also, it seems really unlikely that the thickness of that leaf would make the entire setup not work, and the eccentric bumper adjustability is useless because it's set to an extreme end of it's range. 

if you look at davidlee's pictures, the stop arm at reset should be angled left/down and bottomed out in the hole.  Your arm is angle left/up.  Is it stuck in place instead of pivoting?  That would prevent the wipers from resetting to the correct position.

I don't have an old-style payout counter, hopefully someone who does can take a look and see if your reset position makes sense.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 12:59:51 PM »
You are right, the leaf goes between.

I have two machines, one has the leaf between and the other does not.
Both of them pay correctly.

The one with the leaf between starts with the contacts on the receiver strips and steps 4 time then off on count 5.
Exactly like your machine did, but this machine pay correctly.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:17:52 PM by DavidLee »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 01:21:47 PM »
Note the leaf blade is on backwards allowing the switch arm to stop on the washer.
Which is incorrect, but works.
First chance I will make it right and test.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 02:12:26 PM »
Okay, turn the blade over without making any adjustment to the washer/cam.
The machine works fine, it’s the 831-ze on the left.

So it looks like we’re back to square one.
The under pay problem.
Sorry for any confusion.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 06:11:35 PM »
I’m on the second day of rigorous testing of the payouts on my Bally 809 , she is running flawlessly and paying flawlessly since I removed that “ limiter “ / piece of metal at the zero stop .
I’ll report back
LEE

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 07:01:58 PM »
The machine should have a 20 pay contact strip.
If you manually run the step up 20 time, I would be curious as to where it stops.

Also, you might want to check the carriage for free movement.
As not to bind up on the reset. Just a thought.

Offline Lee Pfeifer

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Lee Pfeifer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 07:07:53 PM »
David ,
It’s working perfectly now. I’ve ran 1000 coins through it and it pays accurately, I’ll run 10,000 more through it and report back .
Lee

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 08:00:26 PM »
Sounds good, maybe there’s a little more adjustment on the cam washer as to put the metal piece back in.
Anyway, nice that it is running good.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 10:14:46 PM »

david,

does your stop arm pivot freely on the stud on the right end?

lee,

something on your setup probably isn't right, but I guess you've compensated for it.   I like a reasonable explanation tho :-)

afaik on an electrically stepped payout counter, there's no adjustment that changes how the pawls grab the ratchet and how far the arms move. ... assuming the coil stops are good, nobody bent the tabs poking up from the frame, the ratchet teeth aren't worn, and the pivot point where the pawl connects to the arm hasn't elongated so the pawl behavior is erratic (part 42 on the below diagram.  It happens.  I changed one on a pinball machine a few days ago that caused erratic stepping).

if you're bored, what I'd do is:

1] take the payout counter off the hopper ... you can usually just remove the top screw and flip it down ... then manually step/reset the unit and look at what the pawls are doing.  Verify it's grabbing one tooth only on the first step. 

if when manually stepping it looks like it's almost going to grab an extra tooth, that's a problem.  The coil yanks the plunger in a lot harder than you, and it'll move the pawl a little more.

2] look at the traces and how the wiper contacts are stepping off them.  It's kinda hard to see behind the carriage, but if you step the unit far enough, the carriage may move enough so you can verify the shortest traces aren't deformed or burnt, and like david said, see if the wipers are stepping off at the right count. 

since they must be if you are getting correct payouts for all pays, now just need to figure out why it's working with the zero stop that far off the "normal" position.

in your video the unit was operating correctly when you were manually stepping it with the meter attached ... so what's different when the game is doing it?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal