New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ekey7. What am I doing wrong.  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Ekey7. What am I doing wrong.
« on: December 29, 2020, 11:21:58 AM »
Trying to use ekey 7.  Replaced CMOS batteries including backpane.Rebooted and of course after a few errors (all cleared by key) machine comes up to "no games enabled" screen which i was expecting.Insert the ekey and it goes to "verifying ekey".  The dialog box scoots up to the left and up to off the screen.  Inserting ekey in secured area by the way.

I reboot this time with ekey and diag 14-21 inserted.  I get cannot find library SystemEx.so after POST test.
This happens exactly the same on two different machines.
So out of curiosity, I stick a License Dongle in the secure area and i get the same exact dialog about verify ekey and it scoots away.
Do I have a bad ekey?  I hope not.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Ekey7. What am I doing wrong.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 01:17:36 PM »
Insert the ekey and it goes to "verifying ekey".  The dialog box scoots up to the left and up to off the screen.  Inserting ekey in secured area by the way.

That's what it's supposed to do.  Ekey should be enabled.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
Insert the ekey and it goes to "verifying ekey".  The dialog box scoots up to the left and up to off the screen.  Inserting ekey in secured area by the way.

That's what it's supposed to do.  Ekey should be enabled.
Nothing happens at that point.Strange thing is if i insert any other dongle, it does the same exact thing.  Says verifying and shoots off to the top left.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 02:07:15 PM »
What open switches do you have when you insert the ekey.  The open door indicators are on the top right of the screen.  They are little circles, the ones that are highlighted means they are open.  You need to have C and F open for the ekey to work.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
What open switches do you have when you insert the ekey.  The open door indicators are on the top right of the screen.  They are little circles, the ones that are highlighted means they are open.  You need to have C and F open for the ekey to work.
Ahhhhhhhh!!! I think you are on to something.  I was just looking for the C and F but wasnt looking to see if they were highlighted.Strange thing is toggling any switch has no effect on the indicator.  I cant get them to highlight.Time to start tracking out wires.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »
So, in cleaning routine of removing all the old gunk and player tracking harnessing it appears that when the tracking hardware was installed they used a IDC connector to grab power (or negative, im not sure). and in me removing or wiggling the harness the last strand of wire must have broken.  It took some reading glasses and a bright light but i finally found it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal