New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 66 error on S+  (Read 856 times)

Offline 61Wally

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
66 error on S+
« on: December 21, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »
If I Shut the machine off, and then turn it back on the display shows a 66, I turn the machine back off, then on, it shows a 61 then I push the white test button I get 61–1 and then I can reset and play the game,of course I loose all the credits. It constantly does this any suggestions?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 66 error on S+
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 03:37:44 PM »
Error Code 66 means "Game Eprom Change" and that you need to "power down/up" to remove the code....according to the S+ manual.

Why that code keeps coming back on your machine WITHOUT you changing the eprom, I don't know why.

You could try to remove the GAME chip on the MPU and carefully do a visual inspection of the socket.

See if any of the socket holes has a bent tang or something out of whack?

Make sure ALL of the legs of the chip are completely straight before you carefully re-install the chip into the socket.

Somehow your machine thinks you've removed the chip and changed it....from here, I really couldn't tell you why.

Below is a screenshot I took from page 70 in the S+ manual.
I highlighted in red your error code [66]
Click on the picture to enlarge if you'd like......>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 61Wally

• 61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.61Wally Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 03:46:30 PM »
Thank You I will take a look at the chip/board again.

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 05:26:47 AM »
Could the GAME chip be failing upon machine firing up, whereas once it is reset and power stays on it will keep working. Then when the Voltage/Current is dropped the chip goes into a shut down mode? I have several S+ game chips from other games, and my thoughts here would be to put one of those chips in and see what happens. I even have matching GAME/REEL chips that I’ve ordered by mistake for other S+ games. If a separate set of chips are used, I could, at least, illuminate the board as being the problem. Any thoughts on this procedure?

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 05:53:15 AM »
What SP chip do you have in there & which numbered chips did you want to install?  :scratch-head_2:

Basically the only thing that "runs" when the S+ is powered down is a small 3 volt battery to the ram chip trying to retain your options settings and internal accounting system.

and Yes...the MPU can run on other SP chips....but they must be compatible with an assumption that you have a 10Mhz board and be of the correct "Type" to operate with your reel chip.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 05:56:28 AM »
I will check and let You know what I have as well thank you

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 05:58:27 AM »
How about a bad EEPROM on the motherboard? 'mismatch between the eprom and EEPROM'

If a UV or one time programmable eprom goes bad - it would most likely have a checksum error.

If ram chip bad - not sure what the error would be but probably a different code.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 06:27:30 AM »
I agree Tony....I've had to change out that small 24C08?? chip on the motherboard to get a machine working again....I don't remember the exact number of it offhand.

The machine seems to be losing it's validation between the mpu and MB every time he powers off....you may have hit the nail on the head! haha

Offline 61Wally

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 07:26:04 AM »
Is that the little 8 pin chip? Would you folks recommend that chip first ? ( mother board )

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 07:34:23 AM »
Is that the little 8 pin chip? Would you folks recommend that chip first ? ( mother board )
Yes, if that don't do it try another SP.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 08:39:51 AM »
Yes try the EEPROM, I have some if you need a couple.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal