New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Loading Game King plus more slots on a G23  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Loading Game King plus more slots on a G23
« on: December 15, 2022, 03:27:11 PM »
Hi guys,

When loading new games, I’m assuming the thumb drive just needs to be FAT32 formatted and the individual game zip files just need to be copied to the root of the drive?  Correct?  After that plug the ekey7 in and the game drive, and navigate to Game Setup and add the games from there?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 11:02:14 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Loading games on a G23
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:58:47 PM »
Insert ekey, go to setup, game, manage packages, insert flash drive when prompted. Package installers should be hard loaded because that method only shows files that are in the game folder. Anything that has files in the features folder (Game King, etc) will not load the features otherwise. Keep your loaders out of WIN 8 or newer computers unless you have a utility to remove the hidden system files that Windows adds.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 06:10:11 PM »
Insert ekey, go to setup, game, manage packages, insert flash drive when prompted. Package installers should be hard loaded because that method only shows files that are in the game folder. Anything that has files in the features folder (Game King, etc) will not load the features otherwise. Keep your loaders out of WIN 8 or newer computers unless you have a utility to remove the hidden system files that Windows adds.

Ok.  The reason that I ask, is because I have an HDD in the CPU now.  I wiped everything using the diagnostics key, I’ve shut it down, and now I’m going to install a SSD. 

After installing the SSD, just to be safe, I’m going to insert the ekey7 and the Diagnostics key and wipe the new SSD. 

So what needs to be on a separate USB thumb drive for the OS?  I like the Game King 8.3R game with the tabs/menu on the left side.  Do I just copy my igt_full_install GK 8-3R 001GKA zip file to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive, then insert it and the ekey7, and power it up?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 07:02:30 PM »
Yes, you can actually put both the OS and the PI zip files on the same flash drive and boot with the ekey and the flash drive. It will load both. After it's done, boot again with just the ekey. Using the GK EZ setup is much easier than trying to enable the games individually. You can make adjustments afterwards if desired. Be sure you use a GK OS designated by the letter B (AI014Bxx).

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
Re: Loading Game King plus more slots on a G23
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 11:35:31 PM »
Ok, guys, I have been able to load slots, but that's it.  For some reason I'm failing with the Game King part of it.  I'm going to be very specific here.

I plug in the eKey7 and thumb drive that has Diagnostic14-21 into the USB ports.  I power up.
I come up to the Diagnostics menu, and run a full wipe checking all 3 boxes.  I power down and pull out the Diagnostics USB thumb drive.
I keep the eKey7 in and also add a USB thumb drive for the OS.  Which one do I use?  igt_full_install_AI014-B0C.zip or igt_full_install_os_b03.zip?
I can configure the red menu settings and TITO settings fine, but after this is where I have trouble...

I'm assuming that Game King 8.3-R is the Roulette version, right?  I have two files in that folder... igt_full_install GK 8-3R 001GKA.zip and igt_full_install_AI014-B0C.zip.  Which one do I use as the OS to load up? 

I just can't figure out why I can't see any poker, roulette, or keno games?  I can load slots up fine as packages, but on my previous build, from the vendor that I bought the game from, it had all of it.

Any additional guidance would be appreciated, and calling out file names would be helpful as well.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 12:10:34 AM »
Ok, the gameking 8.3r has a very specific workflow which has worked for me.  I posted elsewhere but for the sake of expediency here is my workflow.

1. Wipe everything (you already did this).
2. Boot ekey7 with the flash drive with OS B0C only, and let it run the install.  When done pull out flash drive and ekey and reboot.
3. Configure everything until you get to the part where you add the games (you will probably need to insert ekey before you can configure anything). DO NOT ADD ANY Games.  Power down.
4.  Boot ekey 7 with flash drive containing only the gk package.  It will install the package on the drive.  When done.  Pull out flash drive and ekey, reboot.
5.  The game should boot to no games enabled, you should then have an option in the setup menu (after you insert ekey) to perform the gameking autoconfig, which will setup all the menus and enable all the default gameking options (you can then edit them manually if wish).

Typically I keep the ssd with the gameking install on it and use another drive to run just the slot games.  I have a few of my favorite slot themes installed on the gameking 8.3r build just so I don't have to swap the drive and do the whole wipe/config thing in order to play them.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 02:59:52 AM »
Perfect response, Rick.  I think at the end of all of it, I was getting confused when to remove certain drives, and honestly, AVP does some strange stuff, and after a reboot, things magically fix themselves.  That could also be due to me messing around a LOT with my machine right now.  After it’s all done being tinkered with, I’m sure it will be fine. 

This really should be a sticky.  I can’t imagine I’m the only one that’s struggled…or maybe I am!  Lol!

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

Jason

Offline RobinAK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 04:03:41 AM »
Typically I keep the ssd with the gameking install on it and use another drive to run just the slot games.  I have a few of my favorite slot themes installed on the gameking 8.3r build just so I don't have to swap the drive and do the whole wipe/config thing in order to play them.

Hey Rick. Im pretty new to AVP also and this is something that has been on my mind. So I can get another SSD and load GK on it and just swap the drives as I desire? Any set up / clear needs to be done or is it just plug & play once I have both SSD set up?

Offline wilm245

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • wilm245 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 02:18:56 PM »
This topic is something I have been thinking about recently.  I have 2 G23 AVP machines, one of them is a Winners Choice with just slot games, and the other is a Game King Plus.  I have a thumb drive with the install packages and games for the Winners Choice machine but not for the Game King which was worrying me.  I cloned the original SSD's and replaced them with brand new SSD's, and that process went without any issues and has alleviated my worries about losing my install packages for the Game King.  I have also copied a few of the games on my Winners Choice machine thumb drive onto a blank thumb drive and successfully installed them on the Game King.  Now I have decided that I would like to convert the Winners Choice machine to a Game King as I like the platform better.  Can I simply clone another copy of the Game King SSD and put it in the Winners Choice machine?  It seems like it would be as simple as that, and it may be however I'm hesitant to proceed without knowing for sure.  When I put the Game King SSD in the Winners Choice Cabinet and boot it should it boot without issue, or will there be conflicting information between the hardware and software, such as cabinet ID or anything like that?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 02:57:04 PM »
Clear safe storage and leave cabinet memory intact. You will only have to setup the games after the swap.

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 12:00:35 PM »
Can confirm Rick's steps for installing GK works, gotta do it 1 by one, cause I was having weird issues at first too trying to install too much at once.

I also was wondering about using multiple SSD's with different setups + games, thanks RB for confirmation on what needs to be done on a swap.

Is there something that can be modded to the brainbox externally to make swapping them easier or like some mount to just mount the SSD outside of the brainbox and run the cables? Would save having to open it up and stuff just to unplug + plugin another SSD.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 12:31:57 PM »
Yes you can run the cables outside of the brainbox for an easy SSD swap.  :yes:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 01:30:13 PM »
I was curious too about the multi hand poker games.  Can those be added to an existing Game King 8.3-R installation?  Or do those have their own OS and framework?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 02:37:48 PM »
Yes, games will show up under the classic poker sub tab. Watch the NVRAM. One of those multi hand game packages contains a lot of games and paytables. If it gives you a red screen, you will have to remove it with the ekey and diagnostic. Do not install more than one (ie, Ultimate X and Super Times Pay). Choose only one. Otherwise the menu will be a clusterf**k.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2022, 04:37:07 PM »
Ron, what’s a risky amount of NVRAM to be at where one shouldn’t install one of these games?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2022, 12:55:29 AM »
I installed Double Super Times Pay Poker.  Bumped NVRAM up to 91.3%.  So far so good.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline RobinAK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2022, 07:03:26 AM »
I installed Double Super Times Pay Poker.  Bumped NVRAM up to 91.3%.  So far so good.

Thanks,
Jason
What was NV prior? I'm just under 90 last I checked. No issues other than super long boot up time. No GK package installed just slot games. Have about 98 games loaded. All games play well. No real issues. Maybe a hint of lag when a game goes to a bonus round. But nothing of concern.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2022, 07:08:44 AM »

Thanks,
Jason

That's a good stopping point. Time to buy another machine.
 :lol:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal