New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s2000 main battery  (Read 4838 times)

Offline mbrower66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mbrower66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
s2000 main battery
« on: May 17, 2015, 10:34:51 AM »
Hi everyone,I have an s2000 that keeps giving me a main battery low error.I have to change the battery almost once a month,any ideas why it does this? I have two other machines and I have never had to change theirs yet.Thank you

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: s2000 main battery
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »
Welcome to NLG, you will find a lot of help here for whatever problems you may have. But of course lets start with your current issue. Any chance you got a bad batch of replacement batteries? Batteries that are close to their exp date will wear out quickly, especially if the machine is turned off most the time.

Offline mbrower66

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 10:56:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply,it is off most of the time.I have tried several different batteries,I guess I will try to play it more often and see how that goes.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
If you know the batteries are fresh then you really shouldn't have this issue, they should last for years. Leaving credits on the machine will run it down a bit faster but not much. I'm thinking you may have a board issue that's draining it or possibly solder spatter that is producing a small ground and running it down

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
If you know the batteries are fresh then you really shouldn't have this issue, they should last for years. Leaving credits on the machine will run it down a bit faster but not much. I'm thinking you may have a board issue that's draining it or possibly solder spatter that is producing a small ground and running it down

:I_agree_1: Finding it may be tough though. One way to is to use our eyes to look for potential trouble spots. If you can take a pretty close up pic of your board and post it, our members may spot a potential issue.  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mbrower66

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies,the machine is at my parent's house.I will look the main board over very carefully tomorrow when I go back over there.I'm kinda thinking it may be a board issue also.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »
If one of your machines uses the same MPU you might trade with them to bring the issue closer to home. Doing the trade isn't a huge deal but requires swapping chips and resetting a couple errors using the jackpot reset key. All information on issues this might cause can, of course, be found right here on NLG

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »
you may want to check if r16 surface mount resister on the bottom of the board is in place or of the pads may have been bridged some how. it should be missing r16 goes between the bat+ and gnd. i have never seen it populated.

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »
A couple of years back I was having similar issues with battery's I was getting from battery's plus. The battery's did not have the yellow ring around them and I think the + and - were shorting together threw the solder legs and wearing out the battery before I even put it on the board. I decided to try a 2032 battery holder and battery you can get at radio shack, and have had no more issues. Some people like to use the old s+ battery. Any 3 volt battery will work.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
I like to solder in a single "A" battery holder and let it come out of the tray and use a 3.6 volt "A" battery. You can check it often and when it gets low you can change the battery while the machine is on and not lose any settings. Just how I like to do it. Not intending as the best method.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline playwitslotmachines

• Reputation Power: 1
  • playwitslotmachines New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:35:15 PM »
A couple of years back I was having similar issues with battery's I was getting from battery's plus. The battery's did not have the yellow ring around them and I think the + and - were shorting together threw the solder legs and wearing out the battery before I even put it on the board. I decided to try a 2032 battery holder and battery you can get at radio shack, and have had no more issues. Some people like to use the old s+ battery. Any 3 volt battery will work.

I did the same with the two machines I have. This is a benefit for those who don't want to hassle looking around for a coin battery you have to un-solder and re-solder it on the board when it goes bad. Once you have the holder and the battery goes bad, just head to your local drug, grocery or hardware store for a coin battery.

Offline mbrower66

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
you may want to check if r16 surface mount resister on the bottom of the board is in place or of the pads may have been bridged some how. it should be missing r16 goes between the bat+ and gnd. i have never seen it populated.
       R16 is not in place or bridged,I did find spots on the board where something has gotten on it.I have another mpu with minor battery acid on it,I will clean both boards today and try them again tomorrow.Thanks for the help everyone.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal