New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: OLED setup adventures!  (Read 12374 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Re: OLED setup adventures!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 11:18:07 AM »
Guys, 

For some reason, there appears to be some email issues going on. Some of the messages that we've traded have been delayed by 12 hours or so.  I'm assuming it's with my ISP. 

Anyway, if you haven't seen my response yet, I'm not ignoring you and please resend if you didn't hear from me.

At this stage it sounds like I need the USB FW updating utility.  If email isn't working, let's use PM here and we can figure out what to do.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:26 PM »
Well shoot.  Looks like I lost this battle big time.  I have been up one side and down the other with this OLED panel from a hardware/firmware/software (WMS tool) perspective, and it looks like something is wrong with the big spin button.  Red light always blinking, doesn't take a flash of any version of FW from the WMS updater tool, and the pins are seated properly to the panel.  The button doesn't even respond to the switch test in the WMS tool either. 

So I guess I'm dead in the water.  Thanks to everyone that reached out to help this morning and for sending the diagnostic tool.

Next steps TBD...

Jason

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
I might have a few spare OLED Splash decks soon. Little bit more, $325-$375ish, but tested working.  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 05:26:50 PM »
So the solution is to buy from a reputable vendor.  Send that pos deck back to whoever you bought it from and get your money back.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 05:53:04 PM »
So first of all, the individual that sent me the deck is one of the most honest and reputable people that I buy parts from.  Second of all, this deck was sent to me without charging me and the parts that I receive from this individual are always minty.  This was a circumstance that just happened...one of those things.  I have absolutely no doubt that this will get resolved.  He's one of the few out here that bend over backwards for people and is always mindful of doing the right thing.  I can tell you this, if it wasn't for this person, I wouldn't have a BB2 conversion going on in my game room.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
Not sure who you are talking about but that deck is defective.  So if it was tested before you got it you wouldn't be going thru all the bs and drama you have been going thru to get that damn thing to work. 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »
Things happen.  It will all work out in the end.

Jason

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
Wish I saw this thread sooner, I could have helped you out big time.  I've fixed dozens of these at work.

First off, different OS's require different button panel firmware.  Anything lower than I believe its 1653, will NOT load it's own firmware.

If you have the WMS usb test program, did you load the required .dll for newer firmware?  You also have to reload the factory bootloader if you are downgrading from 3.2 down to 2.3.  Also, the button controller board always has to have a higher version than the buttons, if you are downgrading. 

When you are in the usb test comm program, and you go into the option for get f/w strap info, does it show 12 or 13 buttons?  If it's 13, is the version the same across all?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »
Every scenario showed 12 buttons...never 13.  Big button never changed status from the flashing led in the lower right hand corner of the button. 

Have a replacement panel coming Friday.

I'm going to do the following:

1.  With the power off, I'm going to connect the new panel to the MPU with the USB cable and connect power to the backplane.

2.  Insert clear card and power up the machine...when complete, power off.

3.  Install a G+ Deluxe game card and H13.531_16G2 OS card.

4.  Power on the game and hope for the best. 

Everything should load automatically with this OS and the game should detect the OLED panel right?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
Oh, and the game is currently running fine with a standard panel.  Have loaded 10 or so games with the H13.531_16G2 OS and SSSG-000-1490 OS Family H9.27.  These are the only 2 operating systems that I use with all of my games.  From what Rick said earlier, they appear to be the right ones.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
Yes, you should be good.  The only thing I would add is that sometime the 16G2 OS will not work with some earlier games in the H13.x series.  I don't know why, and I can't remember exactly which titles they were, although they have been few.  I also know that certain monopoly games that use the Tsetse board as a fooler won't work with 16G2 either.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 05:45:51 AM »
The majority of the failures I see in those button panels is the repeat bet button.  Those take the most abuse on our floor from patrons smacking them like it'll make the game win more often.  Usually one of the surface mount solder joints on the board ends up cracking and either breaking circuit entirely or intermittently.  It's the black 6 pin connectors on the board I'm referring to.  Just heating up the solder with an iron so it'll reflow fixes it.  Something you could try if you don't want to wait for the replacement panel and you're feeling adventurous. 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »
Ended up just being a large button swap.  Panel and button firmware loaded right up when the new button was installed!

Yeah, it's a sexay piece of slot bling for sure!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »
Guys, thanks again for all of the help.  This topic was a great learning experience digging into the WMS diagnostics tool and understanding how button and panel FW interact with the games and MPU.

Cheers!
Jason

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »
Looks great Jason!
Glad you got it all figured out  :yes:

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
Now pop in some LOTR and give those buttons a workout!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
Matt, yeah, LOTR is really cool!  I also dig the Zeus II spin button during the bonus!

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2016, 06:18:32 PM »
Curious...are the other LOTR games playable on an NXT2?  Are they WAP? 

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »
The original LOTR and LOTR Two towers I know work on bb2, the other one, I'm not sure.  The 3 reel one works on a bb2 transmissive 3 reel machine, but it is a dongle game.  Hard game to find complete.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2016, 10:08:25 AM »
I ran across the post topic when trying to get an OLED panel working on a BB1
I had been at it for a week or more on and off as time allowed. My OLED panel was not documented as good and I had all types of error from communication errors to OLED version errors. I used the OSSG 1490 operating system and still got the same version errors. Changing firmware with the WMS flash program I reset the controller and buttons back to version 2.03 only to re-install the panel in the game to find the continuing version error. Placing the deck back on a computer with the diagnostic software I would find that the buttons no longer had any version flashed to them. It was like during boot-up the machine would clear the button images and not load anything after the delete.
It was this post below form jonm287 that cleared my issue

Also, the button controller board always has to have a higher version than the buttons, if you are downgrading. 

I left the controller flashed with the 3.02 version and the buttons to 2.03 and my machine recognized the panel and booted up fine.
I would like to thank Rick Hunter and jonm287 for the assistance and wanted to post this here if anyone in the future is attempting to run a OLDE panel on a NTX1 system.

Thank you,
 :applause: :hail: :dancing_2: :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal