New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS 550 NXT upgrade - MC-40 Coin Comparator  (Read 10141 times)

Offline fmetz374

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fmetz374 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WMS 550 NXT upgrade - MC-40 Coin Comparator
« on: March 28, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »
Hoping someone has some guidance for getting a MC-40 coin comparitor to work on a WMS 550 recently upgraded to the NXT board.  I have a CC-16D coin comparitor but this is not compatible with the NXT board so I purchased the MC-40 coin comparitor.  It looks like I now need a different harness/cable to make it work with the NXT board.  The CC-16D has a 6 pin connector and the MC-40 has a 7 pin.  I found the WMS NXT upgrade bulletin and it references a WMS part #H-007329-00 as the associated MC-40 cable. 

Could anyone provide guidance on where I might find this MC-40 cable?

Thank you.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: WMS 550 NXT upgrade - MC-40 Coin Comparator
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »
You are unlikely to find one.  I had to make my own.  Here's a photo of the one I made.  The cable bypasses the optics currently there as an MC40 has built-in optics.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 09:09:26 PM »
Thank you for the fast response!  I'll use these photos to make my own.  Very helpful!

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
I created my harness based on your pictures.  Do you have guidance on how to configure the currency/coin type once you have selected the MC-40 coin comparator in device setup?  Before the NXT upgrade I could choose what country/currency and even specify tokens (which is what I would like to use).  So far I've tried putting in a token but I can't seem to get the LED to turn from Red to Green.  I also tried a nickel in the MC-40 comparitor.  A nickel makes the LED green but a credit does not register when I deposit nickels.

What type of coins did you setup and how did you get this working on your NXT setup?

Thanks again!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »
On the NXT setup you just select MC-40 on the device setup screen.  You don't need to specify what coin type, that is defined when you select the accounting denomination.  The led will turn green when you close the door, or you perform the diagnostic to test the coin comparitor.  You need to make sure you have the right MC40, only those designed to work with a WMS machine will work, not all MC40's are the same, they have different voltages and protocols.  Post a picture of yours.  You will note that mine has the WMS sticker on it.  All MC40's I've ever used on  WMS platforms have always had this sticker present.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
Thanks again for the quick reply.  Attached is a picture of my MC-40.  I have a sinking feeling you're going to tell me this won't work.  Appreciate the help!

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 01:33:58 PM »
I also attached pics of the coin acceptor diagnostics.  I've never used this before but I found it odd that the coin acceptor was disabled.  I could tap on the screen to enable it, but I never got any coins to register by dropping coins through the MC-40.  Also the LED appears to be yellow and not green on mine.  Is yellow a possible color or am I just seeing this as a weak green color?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
coin acceptor is disabled by default in the diagnostic menu, but it is still functioning.  When you choose MC40 in the comparitor type in the machine devices part of the setup, that's when the comparitor is enabled for gameplay.  The MCI in all 3 of my MC40's ends in 200, yours ends in 202. Not entirely sure if that is a big deal or not.  post a picture of your harness so I can compare to mine.

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 03:49:43 PM »
Thanks for walking me through this.  I've attached 3 pics..1 is a closeup of the MC40 connector.  The other is the end of the harness that connects to the WMS 550 harness and 3rd pic is a zoomed out view in hi res.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:23 PM »
I don't see your coin diverter connected?  The harness appears to be correct.  Other than trying your MC40 on a known working system to make sure it works.  I'm also unsure whether or not having the diverter disconnected makes any difference.

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
I disconnected my diverter because some of the coins were not making it into the hopper.  I did try connecting the diverter temporarily to see if my MC-40 would work but the behavior didn't change.  I'm now on the hunt for an MC-40 with the WMS stickers.

Thanks again for your help.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that that fixes my issue.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »
Check with Simonbarsinister.  He has a lot of coin handling components for WMS machines.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:58 PM »

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
Thanks!  I just emailed them to see if that is the actual MC-40 or just a stock photo.  If it's the WMS type I'll purchase.  Appreciate all the support here!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »
Photo is of actual item.  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »
Thanks again!  I've placed an order early this morning and look forward to the delivery.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »
Thank YOU! I just dropped it off for shipment, so you should see it in 2-3 days (most likely Monday).  :cool_thumb_up:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 10:26:05 AM »
All.  Thanks for your support on my issue.  The new MC-40 arrived today in the mail.  I was amazed at the fast shipment!  Unfortunately it does not appear to work either.  I tried a token, a nickel, and a quarter.  For each coin test I did a power down of the slot machine and inserted the coin in the coin comparator.  None of my coin tests worked using nickels, quarters, or tokens.  The LED on the coin comparator goes from red to an orangish yellow when I insert a coin in the MC-40 comparator.  (I'd struggle to say it was actually a green color)

At this point I must conclude that the issue lies with my harness or the NXT board.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
Comparitors have a sensitivity pot/knob that you can dial left or right.  If you don't see it on the front of the comparitor, the front cover pops off and you'll see it on the pcb.  Try dialing it all the way to the left and try your tests again.  If it's adjusted too far to the right, coins will drop through to the tray.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline fmetz374

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 11:41:28 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  I did not know there was an adjustment under the plastic cover.  I've made this adjustment on the CC16-D so I am familiar with doing this.  I did find the adjustment under the MC-40 plastic cover and turned it all the way to the right.  I slowly turned it back to the left and was never able to get a quarter or a token to register.

I'm stumped!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal