New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus error 12 fixed, whats my next step  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Bomackey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Bomackey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-Plus error 12 fixed, whats my next step
« on: May 27, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »
I picked up my next project yesterday, a S-Plus Double diamond, the background is unknown, supposedly it had been used a few months ago, but we all now how that goes. Anyway I got the 12 code, I checked the battery voltage and it was severely dead 02.3MV, I put in a new battery, and got the 61 code. I pushed my test button and got the ding, and the 61-1, I shut the door, and when I turn my reset key, it stays in the dreaded 61-1 loop. What is the next step to trouble shooting this problem? I have been reading the forum, trying to figure out out myself, but I don't want to mess up more than I fix. as Always, help is greatly appreciated.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 243
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus error 12 fixed, whats my next step
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:16:28 PM »
Have to clear chip 61 loop unless you get real lucky like I did once by switching to a different (newer be best) SP chip.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
you only waht to use a clean as a last resort.. I think your going to need to use a #15 set chip to clear this error.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »
Amechanic, I agree with you, I dont really want to do a complete clear, if it doesn't need to be done, I will look into the #15, thanks

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 03:31:49 PM »
Well things have took a turn for the worse, I was trying to find the ends of my cash box door switch, now I have almost no result when I power on, no reel jump, and nothing in my display is lit, the only thing that happens is my bill validator cycles

Offline markb7605

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.markb7605 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 04:32:10 PM »
look for coins in power supply and under mother board happens a lot
Thank You
  Mark

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 04:38:31 PM »
Markb, thanks for the input, but I got it back to where I started, the power supply lug wasnt making good contact

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
Check to make sure your door optics are aligned. The reset won't work if the machine thinks the door is open. Generally the 61-1 will clear and then go back to 61 when you're in the loop. Your set 15 is used to enable the bill validator. If that molex connector for the power supply has a burn spot on the back, you'll need to replace that also.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
I will take a look at them shaggy, would the cash box door switch have any affect on it?

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 05:38:08 PM »
Yes if you tied off the wrong ends or the wire is cut farther down. That will work just like the door optics. They're still optics and the machine will see the door or doors as open. You said it was kinda cut up. I would trace it back to 2 complete leads and tie it off there. Make sure it's not unplugged on the other end. That will still show an open circuit.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »
Here's a pic of that power connector back side with the burn mark. Our vendors have them available.

Dave

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 05:49:26 PM »
Wow I just replaced a burnt molex connector and the burn mark was on the next (3rd) pin.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 05:57:10 PM »
The whole thing is, if any one of them is making a bad connection, there will be a failure. I've only seen the green ones with the burn mark.

Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
Bomackey, I replied on your other post. My S+ machines have 2 green wires going to the cash door optics.

Dave

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
Just checked 6 s+ machines, some have two green wires, and some have one green and one green with blue tracer.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 06:04:02 PM »
Well I guess he'll have to make a choice then. Probably isn't going to hurt either way. There's a good possibility that the other wire isn't hooked up at all. There's like a zillion of those in there.

Dave

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 06:05:51 PM »
The whole thing is, if any one of them is making a bad connection, there will be a failure. I've only seen the green ones with the burn mark.

Dave
it was doing some very strange things when getting intermittent power.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
Dude they do strange things when they are making an intermittent connection. That burn mark is where the connections have been arcing. Like a light bulb not quite tight enough in a socket. It will flicker. Things powering up and down will do strange things.

Dave

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
Yes if you tied off the wrong ends or the wire is cut farther down. That will work just like the door optics. They're still optics and the machine will see the door or doors as open. You said it was kinda cut up. I would trace it back to 2 complete leads and tie it off there. Make sure it's not unplugged on the other end. That will still show an open circuit.

Dave

O.k Shaggy, I traced the Green/Blue wire down, it runs up to the center of the machine and goes into the connector with the optics for the main door, so I assume I know to tie into that wire, but the next thing is  I am not sure which green wire to use for the other, I have 2 cut off green wires coming out of my plug, one I assume goes with the yellow/black wire that the other end is coming from my pull handle area, so I am not sure which green to use.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:40:31 AM by knagl »

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »
Well it sounds like your door optics and the cash can optics may be both cut. What a mess. I'm guessing someone got a battery error (12) and then started cutting wires to try to bypass the optics. Which of course doesn't work. The cash can optics on yours had 2 green wires. Try tying those 2 together. And shut and latch the door and try the reset key. If still no go, we may need to get the door optics checked out, as it sounds like they may be cut also. This isn't a lost cause, but may take some time to trace out.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal