New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Barcrest Run For Your Money Error r 1.1  (Read 1407 times)

Offline nlosure

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nlosure New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Barcrest Run For Your Money Error r 1.1
« on: May 26, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
I am getting an error on the upper portion of the machine in the win display it shows r 1.1  The bottom unit appears to be ready.  Any help would be appreciated, cannot find any info on this anywhere.  Trying to get the machine up and running for my 75 year old neighbor.  He can't go anywhere and really wants to play it.  It has a MPU4 board.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:14:13 PM by nlosure »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Barcrest Run For Your Money Error r 1.1
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 04:54:48 PM »
re-seat the plugs on top of the lower power supply
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 06:08:59 PM »
Did that and no difference. I checked the top connection as well where the unit slides into the machine.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:57:47 PM by nlosure »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 10:35:47 PM »
I'm not a Barcrest expert, but I believe that the r1.1 is showing the software revision (1.1) of the top box software.

What makes you believe the S+ machine is ready to go?  I'd suspect that the machine isn't ready.

Was this previously working?  If so, what happened to cause it to stop working?

Any pictures or video you can provide may give us some insight as to the issue.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 03:44:59 AM »
r1.1 shows upon power up..  then will show C1.0 (or C0.1, cant remember off hand) and that is it trying to communicate with the lower cab. If it didn't have communication it would give the 'C' error constantly.

Have you opened the MPU4 to look for the common battery acid damage?

There is also the communication board mounted on the back wall, above the S+ CPU.. the lights on that will flicker if communicating.

The MPU4 power supplies in the top unit go bad too, losing some voltages or voltages being way out of range. I recommend converting to the MPU5 power supply. You just have to change the pin locations (and cut down the MPU4 connector to fit. MPU5 has less pins/outputs but same voltages.)

:wave:

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 06:45:35 AM »
I get the indication that the bottom unit is ready to go because it has the credits shown, etc.  Picture attached.  Don't know what caused it to stop working, wasn't there.  Maybe something when the bonus was hit as it is ready to invoke the coin man bonus.  I will look and see on the battery when I go to his house.  I would pay someone to do a video call to help me get this back online.  Where would I get the power supply and battery, and if the battery is bad, does it get soldered to the board?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:39:02 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 08:26:32 AM »
I get the indication that the bottom unit is ready to go because it has the credits shown, etc.  Picture attached.  Don't know what caused it to stop working, wasn't there.  Maybe something when the bonus was hit as it is ready to invoke the coin man bonus.  I will look and see on the battery when I go to his house.  I would pay someone to do a video call to help me get this back online.  Where would I get the power supply and battery, and if the battery is bad, does it get soldered to the board?
The battery on the MPU4 is not needed for home use. It's a soldered Varta and it leaks all over the board and ruins them. If that's the case you will need a working MPU4 or take your time and fix the traces and components on that one.

Midwest Jim has/had MPU5 power supplies. I made a post a while back showing the pinouts you need to change on your current power harness to fit the MPU5 PS.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 08:39:24 AM »
It's not very easy to get to the varta battery.  You have to remove the power supply and unplug everything from the mpu4 suitcase so you can remove it from top box, then open up the suitcase to get to the battery to remove it.  It's a lot of fun.

Offline Dirtguy

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.Dirtguy Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • DoubleDSlots.com
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 09:47:26 AM »
Just wondering, does the mpu4 need this battery for the game to play? Can it be removed like the ones on the 5xx boards, or do you have to replace it? I have this game, mine had to have board damage repaired and I replaced the battery with a new one. If its not needed, I'm going to remove it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 09:48:15 AM »
It's not needed.

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 06:48:27 PM »
So do I send my board to someone or buy the power supply first?  It seems to cycle when using the different test buttons on the top unit.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 09:15:34 PM »
With the power off can you try re-seating the connections between the S+ machine and the Barcrest top box? I suspect as you mentioned that the game is stuck right now because the bonus was triggered (as seen on the third reel in your picture) but the S+ isn't talking to the Barcrest unit.

The attached picture is from my S+ Barcrest -- there are wires connected to the communication board where both green arrows are (the connection for the right-side arrow is behind the mess of wires in the picture).

With the power on, do the lights on that board light up or flicker at all?  If not, that board could potentially be your issue...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:42:40 PM by knagl »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline nlosure

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
Kevin, do you know where I could purchase one of these boards or what it is called by name so I could search for one?  Still no luck in resurrecting my coin man... I want to see him run. :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 09:32:45 PM »
It's a communications board for an S+, but I don't know its specific name.

You could consider posting a WTB ("want to buy") post here on NLG and possibly someone has one collecting dust. Is yours dead (ie. no LED lights on it when the machine is on)? Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting the wires that go to it?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 07:16:50 AM »
Send Stayoutofthebunker a PM, he should have some extra barcrest interface units.

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 07:23:01 AM »
I have a couple spares if he doesn't.  :wave:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 09:38:01 AM »
before you start buying parts, tell us what the condition of the status lamps are. they are two LEDS located on that comm board, one red and one green, they should be flickering to indicate data transfer between the bottom cpu and the top cpu. there is also a cable that goes from the comm board down to the mpu motherboard, it has two connectors as well, I have seen these become intermittent and cause the failure. They connect to some sort of interfaceboard that is heat shrinked, it has some electrical components mounted .

Hope this helps

Jim

I have those boards available if you should need one.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 09:51:25 AM »
My S+ Top Dollar was having problems and was directed to that interface board. Was not the problem. Turned out to be the 2 pin power cable that plugs into the power supply. Re-seat ALL the connectors on the power supply. Amazing what a bad connection can do.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal