New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The Family is growing, introducing the Ballys 961-2  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: The Family is growing, introducing the Ballys 961-2
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2021, 10:37:41 AM »
I can explain (A).

1. The "Pay 2" and "Pay 4" tracks are connected together
2. The second cherry line is connected to the "Pay 6" line
3. The third cherry line is connected to the "Pay 10" track
4. The Orange line (green/red) isn't connected to anything

Originally, 3 cherries paid 6 and there were plum symbols.

Offline ncrguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • ncrguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2021, 12:52:28 PM »
This is in the family of the Sir Prize/Jolly Joker machines made for the British market in the 1960s. These machines could be plug configured for one coin one play, or one coin two plays/one token one play. Originally there was a ratchet mechanism on the left side of the mech, where the black plate is now screwed on, operated by the black timing bar to count the two plays.

These machines had a "time jackpot". A secret reel combination - on this machine, probably a combination of bars and horseshoes - tripped the feature unit and for the next ten plays, any bonus symbol (crown in this case) on the line paid out. Try bar-bar-shoe and shoe-shoe-bar. As the note on the feature unit drawings says, originally the "Joker" unit was screwed inside the case above the handle, since the SP/JJ didn't have a top box.

I notice also this used to be a credit machine, but the credit counter is removed and the collect button blanked. That means it originally had to have an electrically stepped hopper counter and probably, somewhere, a motor cam to produce pulses. I don't know what the timer would be doing in the top box unless it controls "random hold".

I tried to trigger different combos of horseshoes and "ballys" with no luck.
The "Bally" has 2 depths on the wheel 8 and 9, tried all combos.

If I manually push the Step-Up Coil it will turn the Crown Bonus on and will pay the 20 coins, on the next three plays when a Crown is on the line. After the 3rd win the jackpot turns off.

The FEATURE UNIT on page 36, Manual No.1900 Swedish Slot Machines looks like mine, minus the "Replay Register Assembly" which was removed by pervious owners, however there is and addition to coil which i wonder if it was once above the handle but moved when moved into larger cabinet or whatever happened. This addition coil is NOT hooked up it has no wire connected to the coil, and the wires coming off to it are shorted to other wires.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2021, 02:25:38 PM »
I can explain (A).

1. The "Pay 2" and "Pay 4" tracks are connected together
Fixed: I remove the wire between "Pay 2" and "Pay4" game now pays two on one cherry

2. The second cherry line is connected to the "Pay 6" line
  • This machine doesn't have any combo that should pay 6 currently
3. The third cherry line is connected to the "Pay 10" track
  • as it should now it pays 10 but your saying it paid 6 but had plums???
4. The Orange line (green/red) isn't connected to anything

Originally, 3 cherries paid 6 and there were plum symbols.

I will admit that this machine seems to pay way too much and its because its a lot of cherries.
Cherries are at Depth 1,3,4,6 on wheels
1&6 are normal, 3&4 are crowns

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »
Interesting machine. It appears to be some sort of mix of machines. I have several Las Vegas III and Las Vegas IV machines and though it has a 961-2 tag, the IV is a taller cabinet. As mentioned, it was made for the Swedish market. Wolftalk, looking at the part numbers on your list, it aligns with the 961-2 but the photo of the label in the machine is a Las Vegas III. I’m also in the thinking it has some Mustang blood in it.

Reading "Manual No. 1900 Swedish Slot Machines July 20. 1972"

MODEL 856 "POKER"
The Bally "Poker" was designed as a card playing Restaurant Style Gam e with a top 20 coin (Token) payout and a replay register playoff system. The "Poker" Game features hold & draw operation (2 chances to complete a combination) and a special "Joker" (CROWN) payout. The "Joker Feature" (when lit) (CROWN) adds a big 20 coin win for a single Joker (CROWN) on the payline. Another customer pleasing feature is the "3 Jacks" (HORSESHOE) combination which pays 10 coins for three Jacks (HORSESHOE) in any position (27 ways). These special win features along with the numerous regular win combinations has made the "Poker" a popular standard.

MODEL 918 " MUSTANG"
The new Bally "Mustang" is a further development of the Bally "Poker", hold & draw type, slot machine. The "Mustang" features authentic wild-west styling with complimenting reel symbols and a animated mustang pony flashing along in the lit-up display unit. The mustang styling theme is also the games play feature. When this feature is lit, a single "Mustang" reel symbol on the pay line rewards 20 coins. In addition, a "Golden Horseshoe Feature" rewards 10 coins for three Horseshoes in any position (27 ways to win) . These "Specials" are in addition to the regular Cherry, Orange, Plum, Bell, Tepee(NO), Indian-Head(NO) & Bar awards. The "Mustang" is also equipped with the dual coinage set- up (Kronor/Tokens)(THIS MAHINE HAD THIS) with a Replay Register working in conjunction with the Kronor accepter (1 Kr. for a 2 game set-up). This register also records all wins for play- off or a payout (Collect Button)(HAD THIS BUT BLOCKED OFF NOW. A "Hold & Draw Feature" is also incorporated into the game play action for customer interest and a second chance to achieve winning combinations. The top payout on this type of game is limited to 20 coins (Token payout), however, the great number & variety of payout combinations in the 10- 20 coin range spice the action making the "Mustang" a lot of fun to play.

It would of been nice is it had the "mustang" symbols then the plain fruit,
The stamps on the reels match up with p-484-0852-0880
The Cabinet is CABINET ASSEMBLY - SEEDEN P. II Manual No. 1900 Swedish Slot Machines PAGE 26
The Top POKER/MUSTANG FEATURE UNIT Manual No. 1900 Swedish Slot Machines PAGE 36

I'm not sure what I have here anymore but I like it.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2021, 05:06:34 PM »
A. The extra coins on the cherries looks to be a multiplication situation.
 Not sure about that glob of solder going from one lug to the next. Also those wires soldered to the front of the board
could be in the wrong place.

B. Possibly yellow for coin tray lights. Where the coins come out there are two lights shielded by thick plastic.
Check for sockets still intact, good bulbs and a blue wire on one side. These or accessed from the inside of the machine on the door.

C. It appears the coin diverter coil and armature is missing. One of the cut orange wires would go there, the other would be a continuance of the orange circuit. The color-coded wire probably goes back to the switch that activates the diverter coil.
That would be a ball over the top of the hopper coin area or a switch on the front of the hopper  on the right hand side bottom.

D. Pull back the clear protector over the red and green wire and you will  probably see were the end of the other red and green wire was connected.

Offline ncrguy

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 09:01:28 AM »
D. Pull back the clear protector over the red and green wire and you will  probably see were the end of the other red and green wire was connected.

I checked and it was clean, but just for shits and giggles I hooked it, only difference was that the "hold and draw" system stopped working, I removed it and its back the way it was.

Also they tray lights were cut (because its easier then changing the bulbs) I hooked them both back up and installed LED's however that yellow wire wasn't part of them. I haven't yet taken off the belly glass off yet, I'll get to that today, this J-O-B takes up so much time that I could be using on my hobby.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
Okay, making progress.

Attaching the r-g wire must of opened a circuit to the hold and draw.

No need to open the belly glass if the tray lights are working.

With the machine off check continue from the vacant yellow to a near by yellow.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal