New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: G23 trouble?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline KAD

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • KAD New User barely matters.KAD New User barely matters.
  • NLG
G23 trouble?
« on: January 14, 2023, 07:58:49 PM »
I opened up the 660 brain box to see if I had both memory cards.Never touched anything, closed it up and now my bottom screen doesn't work. On start up it says no signal-power off. Attached is a pic of two plug in cables , are they in the correct sockets? Is the little toggle switch by the two usb ports suppose to be up or down? Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 01:05:00 PM by KAD »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: G23 trouble?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 08:25:26 PM »
Yes, they look to be correct.  White cable on the top, black on the bottom.  The switch you asked about should be in the up position. 

Pull the video cables back off and make sure you didn't somehow bend any pins putting the connectors back on.  If they look good, I'd pull the brainbox back out and reseat the video card and then try it again.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 08:51:50 PM »
Witch one is the video card does it pull out or is it connected with a screw? I checked the pins out. Thanks.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 09:06:27 PM »
The video card is the one the video cables plug into.  It should have one screw holding it in place. 

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 09:21:51 PM »
I reset it , no difference. Top monitor on, bill validator works, spin button activates, just nothing on main screen.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 09:28:09 PM »
OK.  Check the other end where the cable plugs into the bottom monitor and make sure it is properly connected.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 09:33:52 PM »
I did.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 09:40:24 PM »
Try swapping video cards next if you have another.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 09:54:22 PM »
Bottom monitor came on but got this message: Configuration verification required, Enter EKey or operator menu, no game enabled. Did I erase everything when I got an error message and it told me to turn the side key to clear? Sounds like i have to get an EKey7 which I don't have.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 10:17:51 PM »
Yeah, you need definitely need EKey 7 to re-enable the games.  So what got the bottom monitor working, swapping the video card?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 10:19:08 PM »
Sounds like you have lost safe storage somehow. First post states: didn't touch anything. Reply #4 states: I reset it. What does that mean? You should not have lost safe storage info unless you removed batteries form the PCI card. You definitely need an ekey and recommend a diagnostic as well. Go ahead and turn the key to see if it will let you enable your games.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 08:37:22 AM »
By reset I meant the message on the top screen said turn key to clear message. Do you think I lost all my games?  I'm new to the G23 so bear with me. Thanks, KAD

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2023, 08:43:02 AM »
Tilt suggested to reseat the video card. I did. I also reseated the card next to it with the batteries. Do you think this what messed up the memory?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2023, 08:54:43 AM »
Your games should still be on the hard drive. Separating the PCI card from the main board probably made it lose the safe storage memory. Was you able to continue without an ekey? PM me if you want one and/or a diagnostic.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 10:37:22 AM by RB »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2023, 10:07:31 AM »
Thanks Ron, I've got one coming. KAD

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 02:48:33 AM »
You absolutely need an ekey7 and a diagnostic key with these machines.  Dealers shouldn’t sell these without them. 

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline KAD

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 01:08:28 PM »
Found out why my bottom monitor didn't work after I inspected the brain box. The screen cuts out when I wiggle the cable connection on the box. Do I need a new cable or just clean with contact cleaner ,thanks.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 07:12:05 AM »
I'm glad you found out what you "never touched"...   :rotfl:

A shot of contact cleaner may help clean the pins a little but, tightening up the plug housing turnscrews would be better. :yes:
There's a whole another thread going on about a fella having big-tiime problems trying to find the right cable to buy for these AVP monitors.
Keep an eye on that one.   :sherlock:
Once they find a good source for the right video cable, you might want to look into picking up a new one for yours.  :cool_thumb_up:

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 01:14:36 PM »
Yea so for some reason these graphics cards are super touchy, I've had this happen with a vga to dvi adapter, had to be jiggled just right for any image, but adapter didn't end up working properly. The cable that goes to the top monitor for some reason isn't as touchy. Finding a cable to go from my MLD to graphics card has been a nightmare, it's very picky. But also try screwing it in, turning the knobs on each side of the connector till it screws into the graphics card for a more secure connection.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal