New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: G23 RF sound interference frustration  (Read 1589 times)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
G23 RF sound interference frustration
« on: September 09, 2023, 08:41:10 AM »
I do my searches first but haven’t found anything helpful.  Also I’ve not been able to find an AVP 3.0 G23v1 “service manual” with hardware hookup diagrams or hardware troubleshooting in posts or the files area.  Does anyone have a PDF?

My G23 works fine otherwise.  But once booted, my audio is off balance.  Video spin audio is quiet, but pays are much louder. And on cashout it’s like max volume. 

The main issue though is it has a constant buzzing rhythmic noise even when idle with no play.  It’s rhythmic, so after checking connections & cables.  Which were good.  I did some simple tests, and after unplugging the main fan to the right of the audio amp, about 70% of the audio noise stopped.  The remaining but lower rhythmic noise is likely coming from the PSU fan.

The amp was replaced yet the noise remained.  So just basic electronics, interference from the machine fans seem to be the cause.  Possible something not properly grounded?

I see the audio source on the brain box is connected to the middle jack.  I know one is mic, one speaker, and one is line out.  But not sure if it should be using speaker or line out to the amp…  The cable Y splits and each goes to a black box (looks like a filter, on each audio cable which I’d love to know what they are).  Then to the amp inputs.  One is R/L, the other is bass.

I even bypassed internal audio cabling with a new shielded stereo Y cable but the issue remains the same. 

Any experts have a suggestion for what might not be grounded, or improperly grounded?  Or some other issue that is causing RF interference from the fans into the amp to cause this audio noise.  It’s so noisy even when idle that I don’t even want to keep it on.  Ugh. 

Secondary issue, may be cut and dry.  I can’t connect my Tito@home card as it has a DCS daughterboard on the comm port instead of the RS232 card.  Is the DCS board still RS232?  So if I could find the exact pinouts I could tie into for the Tito?  Or is DCS a proprietary protocol and I’ll just need to put the RS232 model card in there for my Tito to use?  Not difficult, but thought it would be worth asking. 

That’s easy if so.   But the sound interference has me baffled without a diagram of wiring.  Would be great if I could add a simple resistor or another ground somewhere that would block that RF noise from the fans from reaching the audio signal!

All suggestions appreciated!  Already cleaned the audio jacks with that special cleaner as well mentioned in other posts with no joy.

Many thanks!!!

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: G23 RF sound interference frustration
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 02:36:09 PM »
Sound Amp/Speaker assy replaced and no more issues!

Likely a ground issue, but not on the harness or cabinet.  In the amp itself. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal