New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What is the Mills Jackpot mechanism for?  (Read 3147 times)

Offline kb8yrw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • kb8yrw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What is the Mills Jackpot mechanism for?
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »
I bought this Mills Diamond front machine and I thought I knew how it was supposed to work. The issue I am having isn't really a problem with the machine just of me understanding what is supposed to happen when a jackpot hits. The jackpot mechanism appears to have two separate compartments one that is behind the glass and one that is above the glass. I thought when it hit the jackpot that one of the compartments would open and empty the contents. That confused me a bit because there really wasn't a way other than volume to measure the amount of the contents. I set the machine to pay the jackpot which is listed to be 20 nickels to see what happens. The machine paid the 20 nickels as posted but they came from the coin tube out the small coin tray.  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: So my question is what does or is the jackpot mechanism for? It is a fun machine to play with and like my other machines I am enjoying learning about it. It does need some parts to freshen it up a bit but still plays fine as is. Can anyone give me the low-down on what that mechanism is supposed to do if not payout the jackpot? Thanks in advance for setting me straight....again!
In the end the one with the most toys wins!

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
Re: What is the Mills Jackpot mechanism for?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
okay feeling like a dumb@$$  :garfield: I went cruzin through the old site and came across a post that referenced the payout +JP   :duh: So armed with this new knowledge I tried it again and guess what the jackpot opened and nickels filled the tray. The next spin the jackpot door closed like I assume it should. Sometimes it is right in front of you but despite my obvious noobness I am happy that it does work. I did not see it open when I tried it the first time because the front cover was loose and the mech must not have been able to make the lever.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
The jackpot actually has two compartments. The way the machine works is it fills the coin tube first, then as the coin tube overflows it starts to fill a hidden jackpot hopper. When that hidden jackpot overflows you will then start to see the jackpot with the glass window start to fill. Finally when that jackpot fills the overflow goes to the proprietors box as profit.
What should happen when you hit the jackpot the coins in the glass window should drop to the payout tray along with 20 coins from the tube.
On the very next pull the glass jackpot door will close, then on the pull after that the hidden jackpot should dump into the glass window jackpot filling it about half way.
The the whole process starts again.
They did this because no one wants to play a machine with zero coins in the jackpot. In this way it has a head start.
The glass window jackpot will not start to finish filling until the hidden one starts to overflow.
I love the old mechanical machines they were pretty well thought out even back then on how to take your money.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »
That makes perfect sense. I'm not sure it is working but it sounds like it should be that way. The jackpot paid and dumped the coins in the window along with the 20 from the tube. The next pull it closed the gate but the next pull didn't release any more coins to the window. I appreciate the explanation because I would have never figured than part of it out. Now just have to figure out why it didn't drop those coins.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:48:56 PM »
The mechanism is very touchy. Only use a dry lube like silicone spray in that area. Check for pins and levers out of alignment in the hopper areas. Getting the jackpot to drop is a good thing good work.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal