New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Video Poker (1994) - Help Needed  (Read 21649 times)

Offline mrSidX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
IGT Video Poker (1994) - Help Needed
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
Hello guys,

Today I obtained an IGT Video Poker machine that says 1994 on the date, and I am running into some issues...

The guy I got it from said it was loaded with Credits, and he doesn't know how to get them back on, and his daughter ran them out.
I see that there is a default hand that comes up like 2 6 x x 6 something, or whatever, but heres what the machine is doing / not doing:

It powers on and at first looks like it needs a good degaus (ideas??)
After such you see it into a hand that shows CLOSURE and RESTART, which I read are normal.

The candle (bottom light is flashing, I think on and off every second) steadily, which according to the manual is an Idle Door open? or something? Not sure whats going on... Anyhow, the Self Tests shows all buttons work, but the coin mech isn't taking any coin... I can manually enter credits into the machine from the coin mech button, but only 5 at a time for the current hand, as its setup to be.  Anyways, once the credits are entered the machine can play a hand with the main door opened up. This machine is a sit down type with the side bucket coin tray. When I do the self tests, the Coin detectors 123 do not flash to 0 when I insert a coin. Could these be deactivated during a Coin-lockout? Just curious.  I think I have a faulty coin mech. Anyways, you can play the games out once the credits are bet, but once you shut the lit to the machine, it resets back to that defaut hand as mentioned... Once Im back, the candle stays flashing (bottom yellow) and does not take coins or bills... The guy I got this machine from said it's set to free play... But I think I may have put that back through the settings? (Was that the correct option?)

As far as what I've collected on my 1-2 week slot machine tech crash-course, it sounds like I may need a new battery, and or a new coin comparator...
Also side note: I played a hand and tried to cash-out some credits (with the door opened) and the hopper briefly spun and then there was an error, I forgot exactly what it said (sorry)...

Anyways, I would be totally grateful for any guidance!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:50:09 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: IGT Video Poker (1994) - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:02 PM »
Pictures of the machine, especially the screen or display showing messages, are always very helpful. It is very difficult sometimes to imagine what is going on when you can't see what the person in front of the machine is seeing and describing.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »
Perhaps I can get a video of the machine in action... Or should I say .. Inaction?

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 11:44:08 PM »
Ok, try this youtube video...
Sorry Audio turned out to not work?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5QkGw_VR4

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:19:18 AM »
I'm not familiar with that model, wouldn't be able to make sensible suggestions. The video was kinda dark and I couldn't see much detail, plus the camera moved too fast for me to get a good look at stuff. Hopefully others here will recognize it and have ideas. Can you take a picture of the idplate on the side of the machine that clearly shows the info written on it? The metal idplate is usually on the right hand side when facing the machine, down low. But on a sitdown model it might be in a different location. Showing us the idplate will let everyone know exactly what model it is.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
sure,

I have this pic on me now, but I will have to upload the side shot tomorrow as I am ready for bed.. yawn... I'm beat..  :fryingpan:  lol

Maybe this might help?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »

Looks like a broken image link or something didn't come thru on that last post.

A few clear, well-lit pictures of the machine would be great. Have plenty of light in the room with the machine, take a look at your pictures and see if they are lighted enough to show details.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:43:30 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:52 AM »
I would remove the coin comparitor and clean and check it's connections.. I bought a machine that the people said it would take coins. I found a bad connection inside the compatitor where the the plug attached.. You could try cleaning to optics too.. Make sure you have the same size and style coin in the comparitor as your planning on using in your machine.. If your playing tokens then try switching out the token in the comparitor.. 
Gary

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »
Sweet..

So I managed to finally crawl out of bed, and safely made it to the coffee maker without stumbling to my demise.

My next attempt is to gut the comparator and see its innards... When I recall looking at it last night, I noticed it was pretty dirty on the board that looks like it holds the sensors. Will need to see.

So my question is, when the door is up and open, should I be able to test the coin mech to  see the input diag 1, 2 ,3 flash to 0 when a coin is "read", or when I insert maybe a popsicle stick to test with?

Logic tells me I should be able to see the 0's flash with the door open, because thats the only way to easily cycle the Self Test button by the power switch, is by access through the door being open... I think i'm on to something here!  :stirthepot: lol

I'll need to double check the video, or make a new one, last video I made  showing the machine had no audio *iphone!, and now a broken link, I uploaded private on accident, then I changed to Unlisted to share the link, but maybe I forgot to click save .... standby, I'll see what I can put up as the day progresses, I got a lot of cleaning in the garage where the machine is at, and at the same time I plan on poking around at it through out the day... :)

Thanks guys for your input, will try your advise, Amechanic and report back.. :)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »
With door open - won't accept coins or bills.  Does the DOOR OPEN go away when you close the door?  also the front panel must be closed all the way - there is an eye on the right side of that front panel

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »
well ironically looks like I need to fix my phone as well, its not picking up audio.

So you are saying this link does not work?

The door open goes away when the door is closed. The top candle light will flash fast about 2-3 times per second or so...

Here are some picks from my last adventure, posted below,

I managed to removed the sensor module from the coin comparator and cleaned the dirty sensors, put back but issue persists...
I even borrowed a newer coin mech from my gamemagic slot to test with but issue also persists...
With the door open, I can manually enter credits by pressing the button on the coin mech... Closed, the machine resets to that default 26326 hand, bottom candle light flashes about 3x per second
 Coin does not take. Door Open msg goes away when door closed... Game over flashes, CLOSURE RESTART msgs.. and of course... good times:  :dancing_2: :applause: :yes:

OK SO:

I uploaded my photos to my Album: IGT Video Poker 1994

I don't know how to share or link to them from here, yet...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 04:57:41 PM »
.....So you are saying this link does not work?

That youtube link works ok, I was referring to the broken image icon in your reply #5 above where you said "Maybe this might help?" .

The IGT slot may use a different model coin comparator than what the Bally Game Magic uses. There should be a sticker on the front saying what voltage it uses. There are a lot of variations, like 12v, 13v, 24v etc. So you may not be able to swap them to prove if the original one is bad.

I haven't seen your coin comparator but typically there is an optic board (or 2 boards) below the comparator. After the comparator accepts the coin as a valid coin then it drops the coin thru the optics and they send a signal to the mpu (cpu board) telling it to add a credit. If the coin is rejected by the comparator it follows a different path, doesn't go thru the optics and is returned to the player. Did you take a look at the comparator, see what the sample coin in it is like? As Amechanic said if it is a token instead of a coin then coins won't work. The comparator only accepts coins/tokens that match the sample coin.

Can you show a picture of the comparator itself so we can see type it is?  And a picture of the one in the Game magic. You don't have to remove it if installed, just a photo of the front of it. That way we'd know for sure if they are compatible but I'm thinking they won't be.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:39:24 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »
Ahh understood,

I will have to double check the Voltage specs on the mechs.

Not sure if you are able to find my uploaded pics from my photo Album?

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 05:14:32 PM »
ok,

I guess I will go one at a time:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 05:15:07 PM »
Ahh understood,

I will have to double check the Voltage specs on the mechs.

Not sure if you are able to find my uploaded pics from my photo Album?

What is the link to the photo album? I don't think you posted the web address or how to find it.

The individual pictures are much better than a video. We sometimes have to study a photo for several minutes, maybe zoom in to see details. Can't do that easily with someone's video. Trust me, you are much more likely to get help from a bigger number of people if it is easier for them to see what you have.

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »
Not sure how to find it... is that a static web address when I visit it?
if so: http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=32
try that
:)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
That worked, your pictures come up with that link. (I didn't know you were posting them to an album here or I could have checked that way. I thought you were using photobucket or some other photo storing place)

Take a look at your picture below with my note.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 05:37:27 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
img 3903 is from the RHS of the cabinet, with this stray connector with what looks like a ground wire, is a stray wire, that leads to the LHS you can see it wind up to the other stray black connector that im holding up in one of the pics. I am guessing this is for an external progressive maybe? not sure...

When I have the input diag self test up, I don't see the drop door toggle when I open and close it... I see there is a security sensor there, looks like a magnetic kind, not IR. you can see in the photos on the bottom, there is also a stray connector.  These just might be aux to other add-on stuff maybe, I hope not important for the sake of running the thing back to originality.

Offline mrSidX

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »
That worked, your pictures come up with that link.

Take a look at your picture below with my note.

Sweet, k..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »
Below is a picture of a coin comparator. It probably isn't your exact model but it will be similar. It shows how the sample coin or token is in the comparator. If no sample coin is installed then no coins or tokens are accepted.

Also, so we use the right terminology and not cause confusion, the coin acceptors that use power and electronics are called coin comparators. The older purely mechanical coin acceptors are call coin mechs or coin mechanicals or similar. A popular line of coin comparators are the "CC-16" models and there are several variations of them for different brands and models of slot machines due to voltage and other signal requirements.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal