New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin type/value setup???  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Coin type/value setup???
« on: June 03, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
While waiting for all of my parts to arrive, I'm playing around with coin in.  I received 300 dollar tokens and put one in the comparator.  The light is now green.  The comparator is an MC-62.  I don't have a hopper yet, but I decided to drop one down the chute and immediately get a "Call Attendant" message.  I enabled MC-40 in the setup menu during a clear...MC-62 wasn't available.  Is it because I don't have a hopper installed, nor enabled yet in the menu setup?

Also, during setup, I didn't recall seeing where to select the value of the token.  Can somebody point me to where that is done?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:24:02 AM by Ron (r273) »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Coin type/value setup???
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:11:51 PM »
The value of the token is the accounting denomination.  It is the top number you first setup on the credit setup screen.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:12:36 PM »
Ok, well, I'll wait until all of the parts show up.  I set accounting demon to 1.00.  Denoms as .01/.02/.05/.10

I found split pay and set coin out to be 20.00, which should result in 20 dollar tokens dropping at cash out and the remainder coming via ticket...assuming it's similar to IGT.

Anyway, currently, the token still drops into the tray area and throws up a Call Attendant.  Probably normal at this point?  Once I get the tray, hopper, etc installed, I'll report back.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:13:17 PM »
You should be able to setup the game and tell it has a hopper, just don't cash out.  The hopper is a passive device I believe and the game functions without it.  The coins should drop into where the hopper should be.  I would put some sort of bowl to capture the coin so it doesn't bounce around and short something.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
Hmmm.  I wonder if something else is going on.  In the menu, I have 2 options:

X10/X20...something or other
CC-40

I have an MC-62 in mine.  Do I need a CC-40 for this machine?  I tried setting on both but when I drop a token in, it just drops out the bottom, and throws up a Call Attendant. 

I also took the cap off of comparitor and turned the voltage dial counterclockwise to be more forgiving with the coin acceptance.  I also took the sensor boards apart and cleaned off the sensors and path.  Same issue.

Any ideas guys?  I do have a green light on the comparitor when the token is in it.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »
Well, after finding this nugget of information, it looks like the comparitor that I have (MC-62)is for an Aristocrat.  I need a dollar CC-40 according to the document attached and from what appears in the setup menu of the game.

More to come.

Jason

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »
So if you have an MC mech now, do you have optics after the coin mech.? a CC mech will need them

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:28 AM »
Page 1-31 of the BB manual in downloads shows BB using MC-40 and Optic set up

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »
So if you have an MC mech now, do you have optics after the coin mech.? a CC mech will need them

I believe I have everything...maybe not.  I took it all apart last night as well.  Cleaned optics with a soft cloth just to remove any dust. 

Here's what I have.

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
Page 1-31 of the BB manual in downloads shows BB using MC-40 and Optic set up

So would I need a whole different set of optics that match the MC-40?  Or would a 40 mate up with the optics that I have?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »
The "M" comparitors have optics built into them.  You will notice that your coin in bracket has optics, but they are not connected.  If you had a "CC" type comparitor, there would be a little cable coming out of the optics board plugging into the DB25 connector through the back.  I have only used MC40's on my WMS machines (WMS 550 and the the 550 conversion to CPUNXT).  As soon as I get around to making my cable for the MC40, I will post pictures of my setup.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 04:49:49 PM »
Cool!  It will be interesting to see how close our setups are.

Oh by the way...we have hopper rails and the beau plug!!!  Hopper should be here next week.

Jason

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but why in gods name would you want a hopper in a bluebird? Seems like a lot of work to spin one time unless I'm missing something.
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 02:24:14 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but why in gods name would you want a hopper in a bluebird? Seems like a lot of work to spin one time unless I'm missing something.

Because it's an option to tinker with.  :D

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »

Because it's an option to tinker with.  :D

Jason

And I can't wait to hear the 'clank' of dollar tokens.  It looks like partial pay can be set up in the WMS menus similar to IGT so when I cash out, I plan to have 20 dollars worth of tokens drop and the remainder will come out in a ticket.  :)

Jason

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
And don't forget you can set it up to think think the dollar coin is a "token" and assign it any value you want to (within limits).

For example, my 550 conversion has coin handling with a nickel hopper and MC-40. I set up the games so that every nickel gives 50 dollars in credits (base denom in credit set up).   Way easier then using the DBV and pulling the bills out when needed.

YMMV

Steve

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »
Yep, I have mine currently set up as a dollar...may change to 5 dollar.  I've messed around with the MC-62 enough...can't get it to work.  Hopefully, once I get an MC-40 in there, we'll get coin in finished up!  :)

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 03:53:36 PM »
Ok guys, the hopper made it today!  I also put in a JCM sentry and a red "bills and tickets" decal in the entry point.  The center square was also replaced with another one with a black border.  Below is a video of the game set up with dollar tokens and TITO.  When the user cashes out anything 20 dollars or below, the game will spill out 20 tokens.  Anything above 20 dollars will spill out 20 tokens and the remainder in the form of a ticket. 

<a href="http://youtu.be/oNihWeULU1I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/oNihWeULU1I</a>

Anyway, next up...the MC-40 comparitor!  Hope it works and will complete the coin-in portion of the project!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »
Jason....... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Wish I could do that too.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
The ol' MC-40 arrived today and we have a winner!  Tokens register successfully.  Last item is the coin diverter assy and we're done!   :yes:

Thanks,
Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal