New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Mastercom, wiring, player tracking...how do I hook it up?  (Read 10909 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Hey guys,

I just received all of my stuff today for player tracking.  The question now is, how do I hook it all up?  I just put a new panel on for a Players card that has the LED ring around it.  I also have the panel below with the keypad that allows a scrolling message of some sort?

Here are some pictures of what I have behind the door and the parts that I received.  Any help or photos of your setups regarding connections would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:00:38 AM by Ron (r273) »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Bally Mastercom, wiring, player tracking...how do I hook it up?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »
Lets fix this inside picture so it is right side up..... :yes:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:53:51 PM »
Ok, using a photo that Jmise sent last week, I took a stab at hooking up the phone'ish type cables and powering up one of the Mastercoms.

We have lights in the player card assy dancing around.  :)

So how do I get the tracking panel going?  Do I need the second Mastercom? 

Also, where the heck do you guys put these Mastercom boxes and run your wires?  :p

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:01:11 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 03:57:12 PM »
Here is a pic of mine, I think you can follow the wires in the pic.
The wire going down to machine plugs into the mastercom box.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »
Take the covers off of the mastercomm's and look inside.

There is a large eprom and a small eprom.

On one of my mastercomm's I pulled the large eprom out and ran the EPI connection to the card reader.  This allows the LED's to always flash different colors.

On the other mastercomm I ran the EPI connection to the display leaving the large eprom in the mastercomm.  This gives you the scrolling message.

I do not run a jumper between the card reader and scrolling display with the two mastercomm's.

Mine are in the base with the wires running up a hole into the machine and run into the door with the other cables..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:35:29 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »
Here's where I ended up putting it.

Now, how do I get player tracking going?  :)

Jason
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 03:58:29 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 06:32:10 PM »
Thanks a lot Jmise and bpracer!  I connected the second Mastcom to the tracker panel.  I got Bally 1997 to show up, so we know it works.  :).

I had to order a couple more phone'ish cables since I only ordered 2 for the player card panel.  Once I get them, I'll connect the tracker panel.  The question now is, how do you plug in a message?  What do the keys on the front panel do?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
Strangely, I popped out the big EPROM from the Mastercom and tested it.  Lights dance around with or without it.  I put it back in and now the there is a pattern to the LEDs.  See video.  The previous video seemed random.

VIDEO HAS BEEN DELETED

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:54:03 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:19:41 AM »
If you have not run across this in the old forum here is a little guide I made up years ago for programing the EPROM in a Mastercom.
It's a slow and tedious job unless you have a good burner.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »
Thanks Ron.  I had not seen that before.  So do I need to hook a laptop up to this via the parallel port using some sort of software program to configure the message?  If this isn't possible, is there anyone that can program a message to an EPROM and send it to me?  Is it that simple?  I would certainly pay for that.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 07:37:15 AM »
You would need a programmer (burner) to do so. I would love to help you out but I haven't programed an EPROM in
6 or 7 years. I'm sure someone will jump in and help you out on programming a chip for you.  :yes:
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 07:47:44 AM »
Thanks again Ron. 

Is there anyone out there that can burn a chip?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »
I had all mine programmed to a custom message.  I will PM you with the details of where you can get this done on the cheap.  :-)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 10:03:51 AM »
Thanks!

Jason

Offline bpracer

• bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
Attached is a text file of the image on the chip.

I don't see the text that is scrolling but you can see text in the file (right hand side).

Does anyone know specifically what address the scrolling text is at?

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
I had all mine programmed to a custom message.  I will PM you with the details of where you can get this done on the cheap.  :-)

If you don't mind PM me the information also, I would like to get one done.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
Guys,

This shouldn't be this hard, but it's turning out that way.  All I want to do is connect and power up my Player card panel and my tracking message panel and have them both active.  For some reason this is becoming a chore...

I have verified that each panel works.  If I connect each one using a single Mastercom 250 per each of the pictures below, each panel will light up fine.  I have a second Mastercom 250 as well if needed. 

I have 2 ports on each panel J1 and J2 for a total of 6.
I have a total of 4 of the phone type cables. 

Can you guys please let me know your connection scenarios for me?

Which cable ends go into which ports using 1 Mastercom 250?  Can everything be run from Mastercom 250?

Which cable ends go into which ports using 2 Mastercom 250s?  Some guys have said they use 2 Mastercom 250s.

Any help and pics would be appreciated.  I cannot believe this should be this hard.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 04:03:12 PM »
Here is where I have mine hooked up.

I run two mastercom's, one with the eprom pulled runs to the card reader, this allows the LED's to always flash, the second runs to the scrolling message display.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »
I removed the large EPROM in the Mastercom that goes to the card reader.  EP1 from the Mastercom to JP1 on the card reader just as you have it.  Nothing.

The second Mastercom has the big EPROM and I have EP1 connected to J2 on the tracker display just as you have it.  Nothing.

Here is a picture of the insides of my Mastercom 250.  Both are the same.

Any other thoughts?

Jason

Offline bpracer

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »
Check your cables, they must be pin 1 to pin 1.  Bench test your set up with different cables.

You have power to the mastercom?   It lights up?

Didn't you have it working to post the pictures earlier?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal