New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT PE+ Coin-in timeout  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Willie2266

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Willie2266 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT PE+ Coin-in timeout
« on: June 05, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
Hi, I have an IGT PE+ and on the screen it says "CALL ATTENDANT  coin-in timeout".  How do I reset the machine to get rid of this error message?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.     

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: IGT PE+ Coin-in timeout
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:28:52 PM »
Opening then closing the door is how to reset a PE+.

If you still have a error open the door and push the small white test button to get the input test option and look at the coin in A-B-C optics.

They should all read the same. You could then pop the coin comparator out of it's bracket and take a strip of opaque paper and slowly slide it down and through the coin in optics and see if each one changes.

If they don't all read the same you could have a bad optic or the connector that goes around the door hinge and connects the door wiring to the MPU box could have a bad wire to pin connection.

The first 6 or 8 wires on the top of the larger connector are the coin optics information, watch the input test as you push and tug on each wire to see if it is a bad connection.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:21 AM »
To expand on what Badbaud said, all three coin optics should read "1" when idle, and "0" when something blocks their path.  If all three are reading 0, check the wiring between the coin-in optics and the motherboard.

Normal, idle state of a PE+:
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Willie2266

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Willie2266 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »
Thank you very much for this helpful information! 

My 3 coin optics read 0 when idle.  My MPU box is just above my monitor and the door connector is all the way in the back so I couldn't tug and push on the wires with the monitor in.  I took the monitor out and unplugged the connector and everything appears fine.

So it appears my coin-in optics are bad, where can I buy a replacement?  Do I just place a WTB in the classified ads?

Thanks again for your help.       

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »
It could be as simple as un-pluggung and plugging in the connector on the optic board.

After 20 years or so those contacts get corroded.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
Might be worth a try in removing the optics and cleaning them. Could be they are dirty. Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol works great.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:05 PM »
So it appears my coin-in optics are bad, where can I buy a replacement?  Do I just place a WTB in the classified ads?

Yes, although I think it's set up now that you need to be a contributing member to post in the classifieds section.  You can also try contacting any of the vendors listed on the front page of the site -- a few of them should have the PE+ coin-in optics available for purchase.

I'd check the wiring leading to the optics, maybe right at the optics board (directly below the coin comparator) to make sure you don't have any broken wires or unplugged harnesses.  While it's possible that the assembly is bad, it could just be a poor connection, too.

Some options if you decide to go for a replacement:

Jim @ Blue Ridge Slots: 703-730-0821 or send him a PM

Roz at Central Valley has them on her website: http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/ssplus-coin-optics--tested-working.html

Ohio Gaming does, too: http://www.ohiogaming.com/coinopticsslotmachine.htm

Colorado River Slots does, too: http://www.crslots.com/slot-machines/slot-machine-details.php?slot=619&&slotname=IGT%3CBR%3ES-PLUS%2CPE-PLUS%3CBR%3ECOIN+IN+OPTIC%3CBR%3EITEM+%232035

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal