New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Multiple tilts on an E Series slot (Solved)  (Read 8712 times)

Offline br549autosales

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Multiple tilts on an E Series slot (Solved)
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
I have had similar problems with this machine before and now just about every spin I get the following tilts:

All 3 reels spin and stop then a tilt 72 shows

All 3 reels spin and stop then a tilt 73 shows

1st and 2nd reels spin and stop then a tilt 93 shows

1st reel spins and stops then a tilt 42 shows

1st reel spins and stops then a tilt 92 shows

About every 5-7th spin, they will all spin and stop properly without any tilts.

I have tried adjusting the reel readers left and right and no change

I have cleaned the LEDs with a Q-tip and alcohol

I have oiled the reel mechs with a hypodermic needle oiler

Any other things I can try to resolve this evil machine?

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:39:04 PM by br549autosales »

Offline br549autosales

• br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Multiple tilts on an E Series slot
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »
Don't know why the pics showed up sideways, they are upright in my saved pics

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
All of these errors point to indexing or reading the reel readers but none show up for reel 1. You might want to take
reel reader 1 and swap it over to reel reader 2 and see if you get 71 or 91 errors. As long as you have the reel readers
out, clean the bulbs too. I have seen numerous times where the bulb is dirty enough so that the measured voltage
on the photo transistor can drop to below 2 volts, typically this voltage will be a bit more than 4 volts.
You mentioned you cleaned the LED's (photo-transistors) I would dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and using a twisting motion
push a bit harder and clean them again. One user on the old forum did this and despite not working after the first
cleaning found that it did work when done as I had instructed.

Remove the IO card and take a wire brush to the connecting pins, I have found several dirty connectors that are bad
enough to make things fail. On one card it did not allow about half of the triacs to turn on.

The only other component is the reel reader decoder, it doesn't make sense for this to be the cause because if it
can read one card, it can read all 3 of the cards. Just keep in mind that stranger things have happened.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:07:48 AM »
Thanks, I will move the #1 reel reader over to the 2nd reel and put #2 reader in the #1 spot and clean the LEDs again as you said to do. I don't know if this info helps it not but on test #8 I can pull the handle and all the reels spin and stop correctly every time. I will wire brush the I/O board as well.
Thanks for the info
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:48:04 PM by br549autosales »

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »
All of these errors point to indexing or reading the reel readers but none show up for reel 1. You might want to take
reel reader 1 and swap it over to reel reader 2 and see if you get 71 or 91 errors. As long as you have the reel readers
out, clean the bulbs too. I have seen numerous times where the bulb is dirty enough so that the measured voltage
on the photo transistor can drop to below 2 volts, typically this voltage will be a bit more than 4 volts.
You mentioned you cleaned the LED's (photo-transistors) I would dip a Q-Tip in alcohol and using a twisting motion
push a bit harder and clean them again. One user on the old forum did this and despite not working after the first
cleaning found that it did work when done as I had instructed.

Remove the IO card and take a wire brush to the connecting pins, I have found several dirty connectors that are bad
enough to make things fail. On one card it did not allow about half of the triacs to turn on.

The only other component is the reel reader decoder, it doesn't make sense for this to be the cause because if it
can read one card, it can read all 3 of the cards. Just keep in mind that stranger things have happened.

When you say to clean the bulbs, do you mean the reel reader LEDs? If not,what and where are the bulbs located?

Thanks,

David

Offline dhellis

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
The reel readers in your machine are the 50 volt cards so they have incandescent bulbs on the right half of the card
(as seen when installed in the machine). Perhaps this is what you are calling LED's. That is incorrect, they are
#680 bulbs. On the opposite side there are 5 photo-transistors with very small holes where the light shines through.
It is these small holes where I suggest soaking a Q-Tip in alcohol, pressing firmly and with a twisting motion for
cleaning.

You can test the operation of the card if you have a Volt Meter, a 5 volt power supply, a 47K ohm resistor, a light
source (flashlight) and a couple of test jumpers (clip leased). I placed the instructions for testing these on a fellow
web members web page and those instructions are located at

http://www.coinslots.com/product/repairs/repair-tips/

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »
Just took out all 3 reel readers and cleaned the small holes opposite of the bulbs with the Qtip as you suggested the reinstalled them and swapped 1&2 readers. Now when I pull the handle the reels spin and immediately goes into Tilt and I get a 41 in the display window. Even though on test #8 and I see that all of the lights on all 3 reel readers are lit up after I engage the coin switch, could I just have a bad reader in the #1 position?

Thanks

Offline dhellis

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »
I think that the card presently in reel position 1 is bad, but it is possible that one of the others is also bad. I say
this because your were getting some 72,73 or 92, 93 errors. If you have the components that I listed in my previous
method you can test each of the cards and then replace the defective photo-transistors.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
I may just send it to you for repair

Offline dhellis

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »
If you decide to do that you can get my shipping details at

http://www.coinslots.com/our-thanks

Do yourself a favor though, send all 3 cards since all 3 will fit in on small flat rate box shipping will not
be any different. I only charge for cards that I have to repair so if you have more than one card bad it
would be best to get them fixed at the same time. If only one card is bad then only one will be repaired
but all 3 will be tested.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »
Just took out all 3 reel readers and cleaned the small holes opposite of the bulbs with the Qtip as you suggested the reinstalled them and swapped 1&2 readers. Now when I pull the handle the reels spin and immediately goes into Tilt and I get a 41 in the display window. Even though on test #8 and I see that all of the lights on all 3 reel readers are lit up after I engage the coin switch, could I just have a bad reader in the #1 position?

Thanks

David... It's possible that you have a weak photo transistor, or bulb.. I have a tester that I got from dhellis that makes it possible for me to test the reel readers. If you want to send then to me I'll gladly check them for you for free.. I also do the repairs on them if needed. I charge $15.00 to repair one reader, and $10 for any additional plus shipping back.. Also make sure nothing is rubbing on the reels causing them to spin slow. That will cause a tilt problem..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
If you decide to do that you can get my shipping details at

http://www.coinslots.com/our-thanks

Do yourself a favor though, send all 3 cards since all 3 will fit in on small flat rate box shipping will not
be any different. I only charge for cards that I have to repair so if you have more than one card bad it
would be best to get them fixed at the same time. If only one card is bad then only one will be repaired

Dan, I see you have this covered.. Don't want to take any of your business..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 10:08:06 PM »
To check the 1st reel reader I swapped it out with the 3rd reel reader. Now when I drop a coin and pull the handle it still goes into an immediate tilt-41. Could it be that my kick and or arm switches could be bad or out of position? Looks to me like in the resting, reels locked position that both the arm and kick switches both are open. But the diagram says that in the rest position that the arm switch should be open and the kick switch should be closed? Another thing is that my kick switch has three wires going to it and my arm switch only has two, looks like in the diagram that both switches should only have 2 wires each? What's the purpose of the third wire on the kick switch. Hopefully this is bad switch issue or a not open or closed correctly issue and my reel reader is fine.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »
If both of the switches are open, then that is
a problem that will need to be fixed first.
You will need to trace that third wire on
the switch and find out what that is.
Do you have a complete manual for
that machine?
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »
I do not have a manual

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »
PM your email and Ill send you a copy
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
I just went to #3 switch test and on the kick switch (bottom one) I get a 3...408 when I press the switch and I get a 3. . . .010 when I release it

On the arm switch (upper one) I get a 3. . . 020 when I press the switch and I get a 3. . . . . . when I release it, shouldn't I get another number sequence similar to what I got on the kick switch when I released it?

Offline dhellis

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
I just went to #3 switch test and on the kick switch (bottom one) I get a 3...408 when I press the switch and I get a 3. . . .010 when I release it

On the arm switch (upper one) I get a 3. . . 020 when I press the switch and I get a 3. . . . . . when I release it, shouldn't I get another number sequence similar to what I got on the kick switch when I released it?

All you should see on these tests (for the switches) is 020 for the arm switch and you should only get 010 for the kick switch. Try re-running the test and look at the bottom arrow light and see if it lights up when you activate the kick swithch. IO port 408 controls the turning on and off of that particular light. I would try disconnecting the wire (middle wire) on the kick switch (tape if off to avoid any shorts) and then see if your machine plays properly. 408 also will
control the index coil for reel 4 but I have not heard you mention this so assume you have a 3 reel machine.

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »
I will try removing that middle wire and covering it up next and re doing the switch test and post those results. Now no matter which reader is in any position, I get a tilt 42 every time after the 1st reel stops, so it may not be a bad reader. All 3 reels stopped just a few minutes ago and landed on a winning combination but the ell did not go off and it did not drop any coins from the hopper, could that be part of the problem too?  BTW, what did you mean by the "bottom arrow light"

Offline dhellis

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
To be honest I mentioned that without looking at the photo of your machine. You machine is a single line 3 coin multiplier.
If it had been a 5 line machine or even a 3 line machine then the line 3 light (arrow) would have illuminated.

You are right that the reel readers could be all good, the problem may be in the kick switch or even in the IO
board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal