New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Multiple tilts on an E Series slot (Solved)  (Read 8713 times)

Offline br549autosales

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Multiple tilts on an E Series slot
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 10:18:15 PM »
One last thing then I'm giving up for the night and going to bed. I took the 3rd wire off and now my switch test is working fine for the arm (20) and kick (10) I am still getting random tilts such as:

1st reel stops then 42 tilt
1st reel stops then 92 tilt
all 3 reels stop and 73 tilt
all 3 reels stop then 72 tilt
1st 2 reels stop then 93 tilt

When I hit a winning combination, no bell and no payout from the hopper

As a side note, in the #3 switch test, I depress the coin switch wire and I get a 3. . .0.0.1.
but when I release, it goes to 3. . . 1.2.0.

Could the coin switch cause these tilt error codes?

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
One last thing then I'm giving up for the night and going to bed. I took the 3rd wire off and now my switch test is working fine for the arm (20) and kick (10) I am still getting random tilts such as:

1st reel stops then 42 tilt
1st reel stops then 92 tilt
all 3 reels stop and 73 tilt
all 3 reels stop then 72 tilt
1st 2 reels stop then 93 tilt

When I hit a winning combination, no bell and no payout from the hopper

As a side note, in the #3 switch test, I depress the coin switch wire and I get a 3. . .0.0.1.
but when I release, it goes to 3. . . 1.2.0.

Could the coin switch cause these tilt error codes?

If you are getting error codes along with the winning combination then I can understand why there is no payout
or bell ringing. You won't get these because you are in a tilt situation.

I am getting more concerned with the multiple codes on test #3. This should not be the case. I would have serious
doubts that the coin switch would cause such a problem, the 001 code is correct but 120 code would be the IO port
used to turn on the winner paid light. Do you have any spare boards?

Offline br549autosales

• br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.br549autosales Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 05:49:52 AM »
Unfortunately no

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 06:58:31 AM »
Is it possible that I need another I/O board?

Offline dhellis

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »
Yes it is possible but unknown at this point. It is also possible that your power supply is not doing
what it should be.

PM sent

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:30 PM »
A very special thanks to Amechanic, Proten and especially dhellis for helping me troubleshoot and get this E series machine up and running properly again. Dellis even sent me 3 working reel readers, a working I/O board and a working power supply for testing. Well I did as he suggested and replaced all 3 reel readers first with the 3 working ones he sent me and now the game works perfect every spin, payouts and all. Not just anyone would send you working parts and allow you to test with and just ask for exchange price for any parts needed, so again thank you very much sir!

Karma to all three of you guys!

Thanks,

David

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Multiple tilts on an E Series slot (Solved)
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
David glad to hear its up and working. I had a feeling it was the reel readers. I've seen machines with 2 or all 3 bad. It's hard to trouble shoot a problem went your just moving bad parts around, been there and done that.. Easy for me to say now because I've picked up a few spare parts. I've learned you can't fix everyone, some become parts machines. Like now I have an old Bally EM 742 I'd love to fix up, but it as in a damp basement for years.. Woods rotted on the bottom, glass is peeling and the Chromes pitted, but that dang machine still plays and pays out!! Thanks for the Karma and one back at yea.  :1:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:11 PM »
Thanks again, yeah extra parts is where it's at for sure. Can you tell me if I can buy the fluorescent award glass bulb, 15" I believe and the fluorescent bulb that lights up the reels? Hopefully at a local Home Depot it a Lowes?

Offline dhellis

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 10:42:22 PM »
 :agreepost:

I am always glad to see a machine come back to life and I agree with you, both Proten and Amechanic are always
on the board helping others.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
Thanks again, yeah extra parts is where it's at for sure. Can you tell me if I can buy the fluorescent award glass bulb, 15" I believe and the fluorescent bulb that lights up the reels? Hopefully at a local Home Depot it a Lowes?

Your local hardware store or big chain store carries them, but I order mine on line at 1000 bulbs. I can buy 6 bulbs on line for the same price as one from HD, or Lowes plus shipping and the lamp starters are a lot cheaper too. The new universal starters are the way to go. No more having SF2 & SF5 starters, just the universal ones.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline br549autosales

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »
Do you know if Lowes or Home Depot has the universal starters as well?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 07:27:16 AM »
Do you know if Lowes or Home Depot has the universal starters as well?

I'm not sure?? I usually don't shop for bulbs there any more.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal