New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DEAD touch screen  (Read 4627 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
DEAD touch screen
« on: September 08, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
This makes no sense to me. I simply removed the round top from my Game Maker. There was NOTHING working/connected in it other than the top light. I removed unused cables that were not even connected... no printer, etc.
I powered the machine back on and the touch screen would not respond. I did a clear on it and it cleared fine but still, no touch screen response. It's just sitting there at the first step... the format options. I'm completely baffled!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: DEAD touch screen
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »
Have you check the touch screen controller and associated wiring?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
Is that in the CRT? Thing is... I did nothing! I just removed the top box. I did remove the CRT to access the removal of some of the unused cables. Does the machine "know" if one was disconnected? But again... nothing was in the top box other than the light.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 05:42:37 AM »
Touchscreen is attached to the front of the crt and there should be a ribbon cable from it to a controller mounted inside the cabinet either on the frame of the crt module or on the crt circuit board itself. Pull the whole setup out again and look for loose plugs.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »
Checked all the cables... nothing found. This makes no sense. I'm wondering if I should replace the top and attempt to reconnect all the cables I removed... even though they were non functional?  :banghead:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
Dead end os a dead end, if they went nowhere then they weren't the cause. Are you absolutely sure they went nowhere? Is your touch screen controller getting power? Have you tried to calibrate the touch screen through the menus?

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 07:48:28 PM »
In the harness that was in top box,(You unplugged when removing top)  That has a small board covered in black tape theres a solid  green wire that comes out of it , It needs to be grounded for touch screen , If you cant find I will dig out one of my GM and send pic of wire 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
I guess one of those cables DID go somewhere and that was the one with the black tape covering the board! Soon as I'm home I'll reconnect it and try again.
Thanks brokenticker and cowboygames too

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »
That did it! Touch screen works fine now.
But now I've got "Host Comm link down" error and I can't figure out why.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 07:30:39 PM »
Glad you got it going! Isn't your current error associated with SAS settings?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
I set everything correctly... to the book! I've done this at least 20 times. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:07 PM »
I've never worked on a Bally video slot so that was my whole pool of knowledge on them in one puddle of spit, good luck with this one...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »
I will post this with a new topic since this is essentially solved!
 :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal