New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Denom LED lighting  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Terps

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
S2000 Denom LED lighting
« on: September 25, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »
I found these on the old site in a post about Led lighting behind the denom decal on S2000 machines.

Can someone please forward me a link to buy these? From what I understand, you can plug these right in and not alter the switch? Is this correct?

Thanks Fusco

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Denom LED lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:37 PM »
Not sure what bulbs but pretty much any 12V LED will work.

CAUTION BE WARNED
If you have a black socket bulb holder you must be sure the leads on the LED you are using do not wrap around both sides of contact area where the bulb plugs into the socket of the holder. Serious board damage and smoke will occur. One lead on each side. Check with ohm meter to be sure you do not have a direct short in the socket before you put it in the machine or safer yet use a tan bulb holder.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Terps

• Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.Terps Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 12:41:47 PM »
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I really like the bulb pictured and would love a link to purchase it if anyone uses it on their own machines and it is already safe and don't need to worry about corrupting the board.

Does anyone have some for sale or a link?

Thanks
Fusco

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »
I think I found the 4 cluster LED on MCMelectronics for the denom lighting.  Can someone please advise if this is correct.

Item K 25-3215 14VDC?

Can I plug this right in or do I have to buy a holder for the light to plug in or does it depend on if the wire is wrapped on both side of the bulb? If it is, can someone point me in the direction of the right holder for the bulb?

Thanks
Fusco

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:14:49 PM by Fusco »

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »
I think I found the 4 cluster LED on MCMelectronics for the denom lighting.  Can someone please advise if this is correct.

Item K 25-3215 14VDC?

Can I plug this right in or do I have to buy a holder for the light to plug in or does it depend on if the wire is wrapped on both side of the bulb? If it is, can someone point me in the direction of the right holder for the bulb?

Thanks
Fusco

Yes it is K 25-3215 14VDC. You have to use a socket to push onto bulb. Don't use a black socket. I think it is a gray or a beige socket.   You have to remove the back housing in order to plug the light though the small hole on the  face of the housing then plug in the socket.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:40:29 PM »
Ron,

That all makes sense except the part with the gray/beige socket? Where do you get these? I know the ones that I pull out the back of the denom light now are black. Where do I buy the biege ones and what are the specs if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks
Fusco

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 07:50:42 AM »
Sorry but my main computer crashed with all my sources for electrical parts on slot machines.

Maybe someone will chime in with a source.   :yes:
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
I have some of these.   I'll send you a pm.   I'll take some close ups of the socket so you will see the difference.

Basically, electrically, there are two connections on the outside of the socket, when inserted into the opening each contact makes with the pad on the board. each pad has a voltage applied, in the case of a S-2000 , one pad is +13vdc, the other pad is at ground potential.  INSIDE THE SOCKET IS WHERE THE DIFFERENCE IS. 

there are  black sockets that are the same as the gray and the beige, you just have to be aware as to how the inside of the socket is set up. the outside of the socket looks identical on all of them.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »
MCM does not sell any of the K25-3215 4 white cluster led lights behind the denom value.

Does anyone have any ideas of led bulbs that will work and give the same great wow lighting effect? Please post a link and picture if you could so I can get this ordered. I really think the regular  lights look pretty awful.

Thanks for the help

Fusco

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
Any 12v T5 based LED should work there are hundreds of them on eBay all types and sizes.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
Here's a post from Blueridgeslots from the old board on the LED cap issue.  MCM Electronics quit selling those 4 cluster led bulbs some time ago unfortunately.  They look really good. 

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=8337.msg73090#msg73090

Happ sells a LED panel that replaces the denomination bulb, but it's $$$ and I believe their min order is now $100.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/lighting/70-1850-00

Edit: Fixed post link.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:56:40 PM by Tilt »

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:44 PM »
Any 12v T5 based LED should work there are hundreds of them on eBay all types and sizes.

But I still want to use the beige holder for the 12V T 5 LED, correct?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
Hard to find a t5 led that is bright enough.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
 These bulbs are plenty bright you will probably have to shield them slightly so you don't get the spot light effect.
They will work with the black holder note wire on just one side for each lead
https://m.ebay.com/itm/20PCS-12V-White-T5-2835-1SMD-Instrument-Gauge-Dash-Indicator-LED-Light-Bulbs-/152582500079?epid=752961681&hash=item2386a02eef%3Ag%3AxPYAAOSwpkFY7yo4&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae7e2535e-a48e-11e7-be50-74dbd18043d1%257Cparentrq%253Aca42e05715e0abda6d201e38ffdb6c6d%257Ciid%253A18
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:58:16 PM by qbert »

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »
Now getting more confused than before, what would someone recommend to light up the denom value nice and white like the led cluster would have?  What bulb would be recommended and would I need to buy a beige holder to put it in so not to short the I/o board.  Links would be great if possible.

Thanks
Fusco

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »
These bulbs are plenty bright you will probably have to shield them slightly so you don't get the spot light effect.
They will work with the black holder note wire on just one side for each lead
https://m.ebay.com/itm/20PCS-12V-White-T5-2835-1SMD-Instrument-Gauge-Dash-Indicator-LED-Light-Bulbs-/152582500079?epid=752961681&hash=item2386a02eef%3Ag%3AxPYAAOSwpkFY7yo4&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae7e2535e-a48e-11e7-be50-74dbd18043d1%257Cparentrq%253Aca42e05715e0abda6d201e38ffdb6c6d%257Ciid%253A18

Qbert, how do you mean shield? I know what it to like get up the whole button, but not just the center spotlight? How do you do that to get the desired effect?

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »
You can just put a piece of white paper or card stock in the cavity in front of the bulb to slightly defuse the light. You can play with the size of the shield to get the desired effect.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 08:25:45 AM »
here is another option:  https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/top-emitting/led-strip-lights-12v-led-tape-light-with-lc2-connector-114-lumens-per-ft/1464/

you can purchase the 19.7 inch piece, cut the three LEDS off as pictured, solder  two wires to the strip(where they use their connector) attach the strip to the denom area, solder the wires to the pads on the outside, BINGO, YOU HAVE  a nicely lite display. cost is 8.00  plus nominal shipping, enough to do 8 machines, cost to do eight machines, probably around 1.00 each.   

I like to use the SMD 5050 LEDS.

Hope this helps.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Terps

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 02:41:40 PM »
You can just put a piece of white paper or card stock in the cavity in front of the bulb to slightly defuse the light. You can play with the size of the shield to get the desired effect.

Attached in the next reply is the led I purchased. I can put directly into the max credit, spin wheels, suppport, betnone credit, but can I put into the holder that is in the machine for the denom value lightnifnitnis a black,holder? Anything I need to be aware of?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:09:46 PM by Fusco »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal