New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-200 Spins Gears Backwards in Test Mode….?.?.?  (Read 889 times)

Offline 850mph

• Duke of NY - “A” number “1”
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • 850mph New User has no influence.
  • You know I’m Born to Lose & Gamblin’s for Fools!
DBV-200 Spins Gears Backwards in Test Mode….?.?.?
« on: November 08, 2023, 08:55:33 AM »
I’ve been over the threads here a dozen times… but can’t find an answer.
Thought I would once again go to the experts:

My DBV-200’s white “head gear” cycles 10 times at start up and stops.

I think it’s running backwards… but have no experience to tell… PLEASE see below.

The DBV does NOT seem to move forward in the start up process— to engaging the cash box gears.
I can not insert any type of bill, and there is no bezel light.

See video of failed start up here:
https://youtube.com/shorts/viPIya2jOr4?si=0aSHXg0gEzAOOu_e
Crossing my fingers here because I have never put up a YouTube video before!

DBV-200
v2.32.04-02

S+
Double Diamond Deluxe
Plays and Pays normally with coins quarters.
SP731
SS4251
SET15
— I reset Denomination <6>=.25 and BillAcceptorEnable <0>[9]=1 after changing battery.
— I did NOT use clear chip to wipe CMOS

ID-023
— I’m getting bezel feedback in Test mode.
— But I am NOT able to light bezel from Output Test <2>[26]

When running in Test Mode with detached head, the Bill Validation Test without cash box will start up but will NOT accept bills through the forward bill slot…. But it will will accept, and pull a bill BACKWARDS through the head) from the slot which usually feeds the transport.

All motor tests run correctly, and diagnostic LEDs on DBV functions normally (give one red blinking LED inside unit until powered off.)

Power supply seems to be higher amp version for DBV-200 (with fins) and gears rotate strongly.
The DBV does NOT make the same sound as vids I’ve seen which point to failing power supply.

Cash box does engage, and gears spin strongly, if I pull it out and reinsert.

IMPORTANT

The slots arm is stuck in the DOWN position….
I thought I would address that next because of the learning curve…
Might this be activating the micro switch causing the validator to spin because the DBV-200 “thinks” the machine has not gone full cycle?

Any input appreciated… THANK YOU.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: DBV-200 Spins Gears Backwards in Test Mode….?.?.?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 09:05:31 AM »
The lever with the red rubber tip left side of BV needs to be in the UP position to be locked in place. It is not.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »
THANKS for the quick reply…

The lever on the DBV is up as far as it will go.
I think it’s locked.
It doesn’t “click or ratchet” into a lock position, as far as I can tell.

I’ve had the whole unit out of the machine dozens of times while reseating/testing the mechanical validation process and for cleaning.

It seems to work correctly in that position.

Should I be MORE concerned with this..?

Offline 850mph

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 09:16:27 AM »
Just rewatched my vid and came back to the machine.

I can’t push the red lever up any further without bending it.

Can you PLEASE post a picture of how the locking lever should positioned for reference….

Maybe the lever is stuck in the back of the box..??…?.

Thnx.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 09:19:32 AM »

Offline 850mph

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »
The lever definitely “Sprigs” down into a stable “locked” position.

And…

The lever definitely “Springs” Up into WHAT SEEMS (from my limited knowledge) a stable “locked” position…

With the cash can out…

I can see the gear on the left and the two little nibs protruding down into the cash can space.

Also…

The little nibs on the back of the cash can seem to seat properly.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 09:26:20 AM »
Ok thanks….

Yes, mine is not sticking up that high……

So I’m guessing even though the gear is sticking down into the cash can (and engaging) the unit is NOT LOCKED into place…..

Let my pull the mechs and look again.

But, PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong…..

The locking lever would NOT prevent the validator head from running the bill tests..??

My unit will not accept bills (as described in op) the test mode..

Offline 850mph

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 09:39:40 AM »
I think the locking handle is functioning properly….??
It may just be bent a little at the “elbow” causing it to look a little low while in the up position.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 11:10:07 AM »
Deja Vu!!
I was just talking to someone else about this red handle on another website about a year ago.
Look underneath the transport, I think there's two small metal tabs...make sure those are inserted/seated at the back end in fully THEN you tighten the two brass knurled thumbscrews.
It's important to seat these in right so the white plastic gears mesh perfectly.
Basically, it's all mechanical....sometimes you have to re-bend stuff back into shape....sometimes it's just worn out too much.
I like to tell people this is just a hobby, take your time and eventually you figure out how it works...lol
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 850mph

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 05:40:29 AM »
Thnx to all who have replied…

I guess there’s not gonna be a quick fix.

I’m beginning to think it’s a cash box alignment/optics/extraction lever thing….

So let me ask two questions in order to get LAZER BEAM Focus on the “right” area:

1) I had originally thought the slot handle arm stuck in the down position (as mine is) might be influencing the Validator (hitting micro switch continuously)
— On second thought, if the machine works with coins with arm stuck— it’s not a problem for the validator
— Does that sound right?

2) when in “Test Mode” the Set-Chip options AND all other “Standard” options set via the Test Button have ZERO EFFECT on the testing process
— While in Test Mode, the DBV kinda acts alone, and does NOT seek any configuration options from CMOS
— Is that correct?

I’ve spent the night (literally 10 hours)  checking wire/jack continuity, cleaning all optics (again), going over stacker, pusher and cash box functionality….. Above answers will help me focus on “correct” non-functioning areas vs spinning my wheels.

THANK YOU!

Offline 850mph

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 07:14:51 AM »
Here’s a vid of the Validator I put in (Bill) Test Mode (DIP#6) running BACKWARDS:

Anyone have any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thnx

https://youtu.be/-OeqLW4aBN8?si=_KtwsOYhRFGIsF2q

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2023, 07:51:22 AM »
I really hated watching you plug that in with the power ON.
Is it THAT hard to turn OFF the power switch 1st?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline 850mph

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 08:19:50 AM »
I don’t want to dwell on this, I’m really looking for comments on the video to help diagnose the problem— but I’ll take it all as comments which mean well, or perhaps I’ve read the manual wrong…?.:

Many threads discussing the Test Mode explain very specifically that the 6 pin plug may be used to power on and off the validator in “Test Mode.”

Reply #28 here
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19859.25

But more importantly here:

The  “JCM Product Quick Reference Guide DBV-200 Units” pdf specifically states the same:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2418175/Jcm-Dbv-200.html?page=7#manual

And see attached pix from the same JCM booklet/pdf.

Have I got it wrong?

Any comments on why the Validator won’t take a bill?

Maybe there is something to the fact that the power should be switched on/off via the slots power switch?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »
I don't know why your BV is running backwards ten times...maybe it's because the door isn't closed, maybe not?
Some sensor is suppose to notify the MPU that the transpot has finish a routine of moving the stacker.
I'm not sure as I don't have one of these.

Your BV SHOULD take a small head one dollar bill.
The updated firmware chip really is for the large headed $20's I believe.
Your BV head and transport look seated okay in the 2nd video.
I'm sure you've gotten the hand of seating it well by now, as you've taken it out and installed it several times.

Try this, power ON and close the door right away.
Does the transport stops running the stacker when the door is closed?
And does the yellow plastic entryway BV light come on after a few seconds and stay on?
I think yours is red? Not sure.
They flash, like in your video when the dipswitches are in testing mode, but not when in normal game mode.
If eveything is okay, the BV yellow or red entryway light should stay on to tell you the BV is in Ready mode to accept a bill.

Offline 850mph

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2023, 09:32:06 AM »
Thanks!

I REALLY appreciate all the members of this forum, and respect the fact that they have DOZENS of years of PRACTICAL expertise……

I on the other hand, have NO prior experience with any of this— and I like to go to the books first, which— may collide with practical experience.

I fully appreciate there may be other, more forward ways of diagnosing and remedying a problem.

So, let me just say THANKS AGAIN for sticking with this.

To last questions:

When I power on, and close door immediately—
I get the SAME functionality… the gear in the head “cycles” 10 times and stops…. no Bezel light.
But I can insert coins and play, fine.

I’ve traced/checked all the wires back to the MB power supply and Bill Bezel…. and all seem to be pinned-out correctly with continuity.

I traced what I can with a multimeter on the head plug pins to the transport solder joints in the transports PC board.. and all continuity is fine.

I’m thinking it’s gotta be a head optic thing…

Because….
When transport and head are installed (but not functioning after 10 cycles) I can drop the extraction lever (red handle), pull the cash box out, and push it back in, and I hear the cash box gear engage, spin and stop.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thnx.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2023, 02:37:48 PM »
the bill unit is a unit unto it self, it has its own power supply, head and transport unit and cash can and frame and its own software.
it only gets 110vac from the machine to power its own power supply, and it only communicates with the machine through the power supply I/O board.  the machine does have to be configured correctly in order to communicate .

when power is applied to the machine, the bill unit typically operates in this fashion, if the power supply is good, there will red LEDS on and visible on the left side of the head above the two plugs, the unit will preform two operation, it will cycle the cash can ( a heavy meshing noise and some vibration if the frame has not been modified to the "V" opening), then a softer quieter meshing from the head and transport, then the unit will  be ready to accept money.

the cash can has a hole in its side that when the stacker pusher is at the home rest position, that hole is blocked from side to side
and blocks an infra-red beam, this info is sent to the the transport via the four pin connector on the front right side of the transport unit.

on a normally working unit, you can pull out the cash can and the unit will immediately start to cycle trying the reset the cash can because now the beam is not blocked and the unit knows the cash can is missing or jammed in cycle, typically after 10 tries the unit will stop and disable itself, the rest of the machine can be used, but not the bill unit.

you either have a bad connection at the four pin connection (see this all the time, one of the pins gets bent and does not make) or the optics are bad, or the cash can does not cycle.

as for your test 6 , the proper way to do this, all switches on the second bank of six switches should be up, then place switch 6 down, then apply power , then flip 6 up, unit should cycle briefly, now you should be able to feed bills into the unit , if the unit is working it will take them in and pass them through the unit and send them out the back.

this test is preformed using the units power supply, you do not use the transport for this test, sometimes when you flip the unit after flipping switch 6, the unit will take itself out of the test mode,due to the connectivity of the power connector, be aware of this.
watch while you flip, you may see the leds go out momentarily, this indicates you have to start over.

this only tests the head, you can somewhat determine what bills the unit will accept from this test, kinda gives you an idea of what software is in the unit, based on your picture, you do not have the most recent software. 

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline 850mph

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2023, 12:54:32 AM »
Thanks for above advice…. Very helpful as it prompted me to look at start up procedure.

Since the stacker functions normally in the “Carrier and Storage Test” test mode (Bank 1/4, Bank 2/6 on/off), and I can in fact insert a bill and it moves through head into stacker, and finally into the cash box (but acceptor spins backward in “Bill Acceptor Test Mode” ie: bank 2, dip 6 on/off)…. I’m thinking the problem is specifically located in the head.

If we can believe the flow chart below…. I don’t think the start up procedure ever gets to testing the stacker and cash box when in normal operation or “test mode tests” which require recognition of a bill….. start up is aborted during the “validator”portion of the start up procedure.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the validator is aborting normal start up (and test mode which involve head sensors) when it comes across an “unexpected sensor error”… and moves to immediately eject a non-existent bill.

It cycles 10 times backward/eject before aborting… so I’m thinking one of the head sensors is stuck “open/on” right at start up.

PLEASE see diagram from DBV-145 below:

Is there any way to test INDIVIDUAL sensors on the head without a JCM test unit?

I have done it on WBA units.. but it does not look possible on the DBVs.

Thnx.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 04:56:23 AM by 850mph »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal