New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 044 clear DSA SHA error  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
044 clear DSA SHA error
« on: December 07, 2020, 12:23:28 PM »
Thought someone could use this fancy PDF.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline FloridaGaming

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • FloridaGaming New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 044 clear DSA SHA error
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »
Thanks Badbaud!  Invaluable information to keep 044 GKs running.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »
That's a fancy one! lol  Thanks BB  :cool_thumb_up:

Hey....what's a DSA and SHA?

CRC checks? :scratch-head_2:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »
Yes, DSA (Digital Signal Algorithm) and SHA (Secure Hash Algorithm) are basically more secure crc checks, SHA1 for example has a 40 digit result instead of the usual 4 to 8  digit number.

I should point out that just because you can bypass the checksum check with the dev chip, does not mean that there won't be anything wrong with the game play.  If you have a DSA/SHA failure, it means that part of the contents of the flash are already bad.  All it takes is one bit to go bad and the SHA fails. Typically you can't even tell what has gone bad, but you may run into a situation where the game hangs if the damage is to an critical area.  If the error you get is Zero Check failure, then your game is no affected as the error is in an area where it is meant to be empty anyway, but an SHA/DSA error means the program has been compromised.  Most likely you won't ever find the error, but it is incorrect to say that the dev chip "fixes the problem" and that there is nothing wrong with the board.  All the chip does, is bypass the checksum security test.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »
Amazing...one bad byte and the game is kaput! :pos_computer: :Tongue_Out:

Thanks for clarifying those abbreviations & what the DEV chip does Rick!  :cool_thumb_up:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 11:53:12 AM »
The sha/dsa checksum is what makes the game forever to start up, that's why when you disable that with the Dev chip, the game boots up in a few seconds.  Even if you don't have any issues with your flashboard, the dev chip is worth it just for that aspect.  The dev chip also has the key chip built-in, so you never have to pop the chip out of the socket.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline FloridaGaming

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »
Ok- here is one I would like to run by all since we have experts here. IGT 044 MPU with known tested good flash.  Upon power up no game.  Black screen no signal.  DEV39 chip installed- will not go into menu on boot.  Is there any resurrecting a dead 044 board?  Both eproms are there, no battery, pins straight.  No visible blown surface mount components. Test cab good.

Offline Ash100

• Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 01:44:18 PM »
Great explanation Rick, glad to have your level of expertise and experience in this forum!

And I too am curious about resurrecting a dead 044 Processor board, just as FloridaGamining mentioned above.

I've got 2 boards with the same symptoms. Good battery, good Flashboard, no visible signs of damage, bent pins etc.

They just won't boot. Even with the Developers Boot Chip.

Anyone have a test stand for these boards yet? Replacements are getting pretty expensive.

Thanks again BadBaud, Bunker and Rick.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »
The problem I ran into was upon unchecking the DSA SHA boxes and rebooting the DSA and SHA boxes re-checked themselves.
BUT after clearing both the EEPROM and RAM I was able to uncheck the DSA and SHA and they stayed unchecked this time.
Something in RAM or EEPROM was sticky.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Online Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »
Ok- here is one I would like to run by all since we have experts here. IGT 044 MPU with known tested good flash.  Upon power up no game.  Black screen no signal.  DEV39 chip installed- will not go into menu on boot.  Is there any resurrecting a dead 044 board?  Both eproms are there, no battery, pins straight.  No visible blown surface mount components. Test cab good.

How about the printer and the bill acceptor?
With a bad or non-existent BOOT chip, I get a solid red [Fault] LED on the printer,
and a bottom red LED flashing on the MPU.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 04:29:28 PM »

by chance do they have the green telltale battery on them?

Offline Ash100

• Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »
All of the 044 boards I have that won't boot do still have the Varta installed. Voltage checks show that it is within limits, so I wouldn't think that would be the hang up.

The Flashboards were all tested and working, so it's not a software issue. Probably component based, but not sure where to start looking.

Have some 1270 Boards that do the same thing. One day hope to find some good fixes.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
i had issues with a few of the 044 boards we have(that used to have the telltale batteries), following tilts post ( http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4092.msg21234#msg21234 )  i was able to get them back up and running

Offline FloridaGaming

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2020, 05:31:31 AM »
Just following Ash and Wizeone: My pile of no boot 044 boards do not have the green varta/ tell tale battery and do not have the surrounding components that are located near the battery.  Like Ash, it would be great to have somewhere to start on toubleshooting and diagnosis.

Offline wifehippo

• Reputation Power: 4
  • wifehippo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 04:24:10 PM »
I just installed the GKBDEV39 chip and got a black screen as well.  I thought I fried the chip or something.  Turns out the board wasn't pushed far enough into the GK.  Husband pushed it in a little more and now the screen shows up as it should. 

Hope that helps!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal