New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Trimline cabinet with 044 board  (Read 1021 times)

Offline sandelslover

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • sandelslover New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Trimline cabinet with 044 board
« on: February 17, 2024, 10:59:01 AM »
Hello, today I managed to acquire an IGT Trimline (is it AVP?) in visually quite good shape. However, I have no idea which version (Game King) it is; in short, I don't have any prior information about it before purchasing. I found this community and was glad to discover it.

Could anyone provide any technical sheets, service manuals, or any relevant information? Also, could you tell me which version this is and whether it was a good buy for 130 euros? The only information I can provide is a bunch of pictures. At first, I thought it was missing some modules, like a coin dispenser, but the tray at the bottom doesn't even have a hole.

The first symptom I noticed is that it got stuck during a zero checking flash on boot. The three loading dots just stopped moving, and after that, the second amber light on the computer board went dim (initially, all lights are lit yellow and two of them are green). The computer case has a Pioneer stamp and model code 59714000 REV A. Boot chip has GKB00025 marking. It has game Wolf Run GK002066.

Based on information from the community and a video by Tilt on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6oaT9XwuI&ab_channel=Tilt48658), this could be due to faulty batteries on the computer board. I strongly suspect mine is the international version, so I don't want to boot it without the battery until I replace it.

My board has one button cell and another NiMH battery, which has degraded. I believe the pictures will tell all. My next task is to buy a new 3.6V NiMH battery and a new CR2354 button battery on Monday.

Could someone tell me what the CR2354 is for? I know that the green Varta is for storing credits information and so on. I handled the computer board with gloves, as I read that it is very sensitive to static electricity.

Thank you for your help and a pleasure to join you!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 04:02:29 AM by sandelslover »

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
Re: Did I just buy IGT Trimline AVP?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 11:08:43 AM »
More pictures attached. Could someone also tell me which wires are hanging freely inside, the one that is taped has jumper to connect the wires. The other ones seems to be cut, also the normal lock on the side (for attendant?) has no wires attached, so is it converted freeplay?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 11:32:17 AM »
Wow looks like all GK 044 guts inside a trimline cab?  Button battery is for memory, not the varta.  Better do something quick with the varta before it destroys the board.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 11:36:40 AM »
Wow looks like all GK 044 guts inside a trimline cab?  Button battery is for memory, not the varta.

This is a good thing, right? The boot problem is caused by the Varta as I understand it? Also this computer has an i960, so does this thread belong in another section (https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=68.0)?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 11:38:45 AM »
No varta reports upstairs when the door has been opened I believe.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 11:42:15 AM »
Wow looks like all GK 044 guts inside a trimline cab?  Button battery is for memory, not the varta.

This is a good thing, right? The boot problem is caused by the Varta as I understand it? Also this computer has an i960, so does this thread belong in another section (https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=68.0)?
Zero checking flash is bad flashboard I think.  It may be reflashed and maybe not.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 11:46:41 AM »

Zero checking flash is bad flashboard I think.  It may be reflashed and maybe not.

I understand, thanks for the heads up. My assumption about the error is based on this thread https://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16410.0. Well, I'll certainly give it a try.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2024, 11:48:49 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

That's an interesting machine.  I've never seen one quite like it.  The cabinet looks like a Trimline AVP machine, but it has what looks to be a 044MPU board in it.  The motherboard (or backplane) that the MPU plugs into is different than what I'm used to seeing for a 044 motherboard though.  I'm not sure what the wires are that are laying in the bottom of the cabinet.  Normally I would think they were part of a player tracking system, but it looks like they're part of your machine.  There should be a pair of wires that go to the jackpot reset switch, they may be laying somewhere in the vicinity of the switch.

You're correct, your Wolf Run game software version is an international version and you'll need a good working Varta battery installed on it, so don't modify it to run without it.  The green Varta battery is a rechargeable NiMH battery that's called the "Telltale" battery.  What it does is monitor the machines doors when the power to the machine is off and records those events for security purposes.  You don't need that for home use, but your game software requires it to be installed and working.  That's why your machine is freezing upon bootup, because that battery is dead. 

The coin cell battery is the CMOS memory battery.  It stores games statistics, some game and machine configuration options, keeps the real time clock running when the power is off, and other various things.  The machine will boot up without one (or a dead one) but will not be playable as you will get an error message stating "Main battery low". 

I've never seen any documentation for a machine like yours, hopefully somebody here has and can help with that.  I'm not sure if it was just made for international markets or not, but I've never seen one like it in the US. 

I recommend replacing the telltale battery and the CR2354 CMOS battery and seeing if you can get the machine to boot up.  If the game starts to boot and locks up like it does leave it like that for a couple of hours so the telltale battery can charge up and try it again.

I'd say you got a really good deal, that equates out to roughly $140USD.  The flash card that has the game software on it alone is worth that, but hopefully you can get it running. 

If you could, see if you can get a good picture of the entire motherboard.  I'm interested in seeing more of it.  Also look around the cabinet for wires that may go to the jackpot reset switch and take a picture if you find any.  I don't think it's either of the ones laying on the bottom of the cabinet in the photo.

(Edit, this thread has grown since I started this message.  I'm posting it anyhow even if some of this is now redundant.)

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 11:52:03 AM »
The link he just posted is to another one just like his!!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2024, 11:58:54 AM »
Wow I thought that backplane was the backside of the monitor!  :duh:

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2024, 11:59:16 AM »
:NLG_WELCOME:

That's an interesting machine.  I've never seen one quite like it.  The cabinet looks like a Trimline AVP machine, but it has what looks to be a 044MPU board in it.  The motherboard (or backplane) that the MPU plugs into is different than what I'm used to seeing for a 044 motherboard though.  I'm not sure what the wires are that are laying in the bottom of the cabinet.  Normally I would think they were part of a player tracking system, but it looks like they're part of your machine.  There should be a pair of wires that go to the jackpot reset switch, they may be laying somewhere in the vicinity of the switch.

You're correct, your Wolf Run game software version is an international version and you'll need a good working Varta battery installed on it, so don't modify it to run without it.  The green Varta battery is a rechargeable NiMH battery that's called the "Telltale" battery.  What it does is monitor the machines doors when the power to the machine is off and records those events for security purposes.  You don't need that for home use, but your game software requires it to be installed and working.  That's why your machine is freezing upon bootup, because that battery is dead. 

The coin cell battery is the CMOS memory battery.  It stores games statistics, some game and machine configuration options, keeps the real time clock running when the power is off, and other various things.  The machine will boot up without one (or a dead one) but will not be playable as you will get an error message stating "Main battery low". 

I've never seen any documentation for a machine like yours, hopefully somebody here has and can help with that.  I'm not sure if it was just made for international markets or not, but I've never seen one like it in the US. 

I recommend replacing the telltale battery and the CR2354 CMOS battery and seeing if you can get the machine to boot up.  If the game starts to boot and locks up like it does leave it like that for a couple of hours so the telltale battery can charge up and try it again.

I'd say you got a really good deal, that equates out to roughly $140USD.  The flash card that has the game software on it alone is worth that, but hopefully you can get it running. 

If you could see if you can get a good picture of the entire motherboard.  I'm interested in seeing more of it.  Also look around the cabinet for wires that may goto the jackpot reset switch and take a picture if you find any.  I don't think it's either of the ones laying on the bottom of the cabinet in the photo.

(Edit, this thread has grown since I started this message.  I'm posting it anyhow even if some of this is now redundant.)
Wow, are you the author of that YouTube video? That would be an amazing coincidence or fate. :wave: Thanks for your information, I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to take more pictures on Monday and try to change the batteries.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2024, 12:01:06 PM »
The link he just posted is to another one just like his!!

It says Trimline in the title, but the interior looks like a 17" Game King cabinet to me.   Am I missing something?  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2024, 12:05:59 PM »
Wow, are you the author of that YouTube video? That would be an amazing coincidence or fate. :wave: Thanks for your information, I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to take more pictures on Monday and try to change the batteries.

Yeah, that's me.  I didn't think anyone would actually watch it though  :24:  I'm glad you found it helpful :wave:.  Ok, we'll be looking forward to the pictures next week.  Have a nice weekend.  Where are you at in Europe?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2024, 12:08:46 PM »
Yes you are correct, title threw me off. I thought it was also in a trimline cab, and I didn't notice that different backplane board in this one, I thought it was backside of monitor.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2024, 12:17:27 PM »
Wow I thought that backplane was the backside of the monitor!  :duh:

After looking closer I'm not sure if it is or not.  I thought it was due to the fuses and other connectors, but in the very first photo the backplane looks it's different than the board in that picture.  Still doesn't quite look like a 044 motherboard though.  The fuses in the one picture is what made me think it was the motherboard.  Hopefully some better pictures will clear it up some.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 11:10:39 AM »
I ended up writing a lengthy message but accidentally closed the tab. Perhaps it was a reminder to be more concise.

Today was somewhat successful; I managed to desolder and resolder the telltale battery and also replaced the button cell. I wasn't overly optimistic, but to my surprise, the device booted up into the game, displaying an error message about a coin jam. Oddly enough, the machine lacks a coin slot hole and didn't come with a coin hopper. After some digging on this forum, I think the issue stems from the dead button cell battery wiping the settings, which means I now need to find a specific chip, known as the key chip.  :fryingpan:

I have attached several pictures, making sure that the cut wires are captured. I'm curious about their function. Additionally, it turns out the attendant key does have wires; they were just bent at a 90-degree angle, making it appear wireless to me. Sorry for that confusion!

Could I have some advises where I might find the key chip for this device?

Also is this machine AVP (Advanced Video Processor), or is it something specific to the Trimline model? Here are multiple images for reference.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 11:12:39 AM »
Here's more.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 11:13:39 AM »
Here's more.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2024, 11:21:17 AM »
Here's more.

Offline sandelslover

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2024, 11:22:24 AM »
Here's more.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal