New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King board is missing some chips???  (Read 4125 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Game King board is missing some chips???
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »
Hey Folks,
  Well guess I got myself in a predicament here. I purchased an .044 main board off of ebay 3/31/14. I know, that was a long, long, time ago :duh: :duh: Got the board intending to do a future Game King conversion project. Got the board, didn't have a way to check it out, but thought everything would be fine using it later on down the road, NOT :banghead: . Fast forward to getting ready to go forward with the project. Long story short, had my buddy Jimise take the board over to his house to try it out,  as I'm still not to a complete conversion (had several setbacks including being in the hospital). Well the board would not boot with video. He tried different games using my board, same results.  Tried a flash game board I had on HIS 044 board, worked fine. He then compared the two boards, here's where it gets really crappy, chips were missing from my board :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: . So needless to say I am now needing information as to where I could possibly obtain the missing chips? YES, I did contact the seller even tough I doubt anything will happen because of the time factor. And YES, I now realize that getting future use parts are great, but I'll be finding a way to make sure they work immediately upon receipt, my bad.

The chip sockets are U83, U74 and missing 470EFC7J3 in socket C143. Thanks.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:46:15 PM by 89chevyman »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King board is missing some chips???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 04:42:56 AM »
U83 and U74 are XC17S150 configuration PROMs for the FPGA's.  They are programmed devices.  A quick search of Mouser and Digikey didn't show any in stock, but even if you could find them a run of the mill EPROM programmer will not program them anyhow.  I would try checking with some of the vendors and see if they have a bad 044 board that they will either sell you the entire board or the parts you need off of them.  Good luck, hope you can get it going without too much additional expense.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »
Here is a pic of the board.
I assume the part missing from C143 Is a capacitor
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:45:05 AM by Jimise »

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures. Hope it will help, but it ain't looking good.  :no:

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
I have one floating around here somewhere that was left from many.  I think it had a problem or may work.  I will try and find it and verify it is still here somewhere and we can work a deal on it. 

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:38:16 PM »
Wow :thank_you: that would be great :hail: . I certainly do appreciate the help on this seemingly hopeless and potentially costly situation. Thanks again.

Chris

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »
I looked for a few minutes this evening.  Did not find it.  Last I seen it was about 2 yrs ago.  Just so you know since I posted will look more next week as some orders justify going thru all the many boxes etc.  If I find it great, if you find some stuff that will work-great.  Just a update as it is sunday -did look some though. 

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »
Very much appreciated :thank_you: . So far, you are my only hope Obi-Wan Kenobi :R2D2: .  May the Force be with you.................to locate it :Yoda: . Thanks again for your efforts.

Chris

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
I don't know if you still need this.  After going thru about 1/2 of this stuff found the board I was thinking of.  Also see why it did not function I think.  The 8-pin chip in U-86 Far right top was missing.  I had a parts 041 board with the chip and put it in there.  The board physicallly looks great with no damage or knocked off surface mounts etc.  PM me if you interested in this.  It will prob. need a new battery-button cell on it-No acid damage.  Guess better Late than Never--- :Scratch-Head: :arrowthruhead: .

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
Well It looks like Santa-Cluaz came early for you.  Delivered on Sat. Aug. 2nd @ 11:32 AM.  Not even a peep or thanks!.  Lot more to work with now than you had before!!!.  Please state it correct,  All you did was pay shipping and not for the board as it was considered a gift. 

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
Hey Barry,
  Yes the board that you sent me as a gift was delivered just as you stated.  I do apologize and am sorry for not posting that I had received it and a "Thank You".  It was in no way my intent to fail to respond in a timely manner. I could explain the delay, but it involves work, family and time, enough said.  I cannot thank you enough for your generosity in helping a fellow NLG Member out of a seemingly hopeless and potentially costly situation, you came through for me and went WAY beyond my expectations :hail: .  You kindness was exemplified in gifting the board to me  :applause: .   It does feel like Christmas in.........well, not July, but close :XmasTree: .   I will keep you posted as to the disposition of the board and/or the combination of the two, if you want.  Just to advise you of my kind of luck, a preliminary test shows the board as having an "Open Door M" error. No complaints here though :cool_thumb_up: . I'm so very grateful, thanks to you, that I even HAVE another board to work with.   I just have to investigate the error further and try to correct it with either the other board or a combination of both.  Once again I do apologize and am sorry for not posting a Thank You sooner. Karma to you

Thanks,
Chris

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 08:35:18 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I do not think you can give Karma but thanks again.  You Have to be a contrubiting member I think.  I honored what I said -That is all.  Make sure you pull that top right chip out as I left it in there u-36 or something like that-can't remember.  Cooking with criso you will be with the two I would think.--777

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »
Ill be giving it my best shot. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:44:36 PM by 89chevyman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal