New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to change I-Game?  (Read 6381 times)

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
How to change I-Game?
« on: July 21, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
These may seem stupid but I could not find a topi after searching. I need to change my I-game back to it's original game so I can sell it. I changed it about 2 years ago and cannot for the life of me remember how to change it back. It is a 3902 board. I changed all the simms and eproms and got an eprom error. At least I think that is what it said :duh: . I tried to turn jack pot key and push test button but nothing changes. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tommy

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...morspeed Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: How to change I-Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »
I think I may have answered my own question. I think I need to key 22 and clear ram first?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 07:34:55 PM »
Yup key 22, Then reset all your settings.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:36:10 PM »
If you don't have a key 22, a key 040 will work.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
Ok. Thanks guys. I will try that first. I thought you could get it up and then key but I could not remember.

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
Tommy  The part I don't like hearing is you said, or at least what I'm reading into it is, you turn the jackpot key and nothing is changing. Just for grins take a meter and see if the jackpot switch is any good.

Eprom error is normal.

Sometimes but not often you can change a game without using a Clear/Key chip. What should happen not using a clear/key is you turn the power on and the screen will go through some screen color changes, then you will hear that God awful alarm and screen will say " Call Attendant " When this happens turn the Jack pot key 3 or 4 times. ( to many turns of the key will do no harm ) You should now see on screen " Press test button for 3 seconds. " ( Game King/I Game no need to close door ) Screen will now start changing colors, and you most likley will get the " Call Attendent" error again, do  every thing again. IF you get the "Call Attendent " 3 or 4 times your going to have to use the clear/key chip.

Tommy Check the software and make sure you didn't screw up when you installed it. I think your problem is with a Simm could be just a dip switch setting or dirty contact edge. I 'm pretty sure it's not a eprom but they are easy enough to checkfor a bent leg are in backwards.

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Ok so I tried to key chip. (used Key 40) Don;t have a 22) It cleared everything it allowed but am still getting to same point of error.  I should add Buzz that I get the error and I can turn key swith to get to error screen. All eproms look good. I am not sure how you tel if dipswitches are correct on sims? This game is tabasco by the way.  Also what order are the sims on the board? ie. 3,4,5 which is closest to game chips and which is closet to sb? If memory serves me correct when I changed the game originally I think I had to clear the whole machine to get it to change over. Which chip is that? Any help would be great here. Thanks!
Tommy

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:26 PM »
What exactly does the error message say?  SIMM order doesn't matter, but I normally put them in numerical order with the lowest number closest to the game chips.  Dip Switches should be set as follows:

PXLF3 ON ON ON OFF
PXLF4 OFF ON ON OFF     
PXLF5 ON OFF ON OFF
SNDF  OFF OFF OFF OFF

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 10:31:06 AM »
all the dip switches are good. I will check what the error says. I will take a pic. Is there a clear chip for these?

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
Ok I took a picture of the error. Any thoughts?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
It's telling you the base chip is bad. 

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 07:18:44 PM »
Well that sucks  :hissyfit:

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »
So after all that and with the help of tilt, I got a new chip and then decided to check my other chip one more time only to find a bent pin. I know I checked that at least twice. :duh:
So after fixing the pin the original worked fine. Thanks for all the help here guys! I feel stupid though. :banghead:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
You're not alone.  Those pesky bent pins have got a lot of us.  Sometimes they fold under so well that you can't tell it's bent until you remove it again and inspect it.  Glad you were able to get it working and thanks for following up with the solution.   :1:

Offline morspeed

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
Yeah it was one of those pins!

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
Cliff  you know I got into a pissing match with one of our members about coating the eprom pins with solder. He seemed to think that the solder will cause either corrosion or oxidation, I forget which one. Who knows, maybe in Las Vegas they use acid core solder ? :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Anyway I sometimes coat all of a eprom legs with solder, especially a key chip that will be installed and removed a lot of times. It's easy enough to do, smear some solder flux on all the legs, load the iron tip up with solder and drag it from one end to the other. If your in no hurry it should take about ten seconds to do a chip. It's surprising how much stronger a leg will be with solder on it.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 10:08:34 PM »
The sockets on the 40 pin eproms are a pain in the butt.  I always install a low profile ZIF socket on top of every board I own since it's the one that usually has all the problems.  Makes it easy to swap the base and key/clear chips, and there's no stress on the pins at all.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bpracer

• Reputation Power: 50
  • bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.bpracer Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 04:07:22 AM »
The sockets on the 40 pin eproms are a pain in the butt.  I always install a low profile ZIF socket on top of every board I own since it's the one that usually has all the problems.  Makes it easy to swap the base and key/clear chips, and there's no stress on the pins at all.

Where are you getting your low profile ZIF sockets from?  :Scratch-Head:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
Cliff  you know I got into a pissing match with one of our members about coating the eprom pins with solder. He seemed to think that the solder will cause either corrosion or oxidation, I forget which one. Who knows, maybe in Las Vegas they use acid core solder ? :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Anyway I sometimes coat all of a eprom legs with solder, especially a key chip that will be installed and removed a lot of times. It's easy enough to do, smear some solder flux on all the legs, load the iron tip up with solder and drag it from one end to the other. If your in no hurry it should take about ten seconds to do a chip. It's surprising how much stronger a leg will be with solder on it.

Hey Buzz,

Well if solder causes corrosion and oxidation then all of our boards would be inoperative in short order.  Maybe they did use acid core solder on a board?  Some folks probably don't know to use rosin core solder on electronics, not just whatever you happen to find out in the shop.  I haven't added solder to pins as a preventative measure, just to repair a pin that broke off.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal