New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 door open MB problem?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline timd

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • timd New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 door open MB problem?
« on: August 17, 2023, 03:08:40 PM »
Reading a previous thread, it appears that my MPU bit the dust.  Had power glitches (3) in rapid succession.  I heard my two IGT S2000 slot reels turn, so I assumed they survived.  Later, saw that one of them had a "Door Open MB" error.  In the previous read thread, someone said, that if the door & bill stacker optics have been bypassed (I assume mine are), then the fault is with the MPU.  I reseated the MPU, Bill Stacker, Bill Reader and several connectors.  Turned the slot on and it worked....for about 30 minutes.  Then, the reels started turning and the Door Open MB error showed up again.   Left the slot off over night.  This afternoon, I turned it back on and it initiated properly, no errors!  Made one play and the slot errored with Door Open MB error.  No devices look cooked.  What area of the MPU should I probe to figure out what has failed?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 06:02:32 PM by a69mopar »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 door open MB problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 08:14:46 PM »
What does the VFD say? Is it indicating a specific reel fault or does it change which reel faults. Or does it say random reel fault?
Check your coin battery voltage. You need to verify that the optics have been disabled because it sounds like they may be out of adjustment. That would also give you reel faults. Be sure the latch is all the way down when you close the main door.
 :NLG_WELCOME:
Plenty of good information here.
When you have an issue with your machine please always start a new post explaining your machine's issue.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline timd

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 09:29:51 PM »
No reel faults.  Coin battery (BT1) reads 3.0 v. VARTA 3.6 v battery (BT2) reads 1.1 v.  Is that any consequence?
VFD shows DOOR OPEN MB as stated in my O.P.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 10:11:30 PM »
Check the area under that green varta battery. The door circuit traces are under it. It is not needed for home use.  It can leak and cause the door open state.  If your BV door switch has been bypassed check the wires to see if they are connected, if not bypassed check the switch or bypass it. 

Your varta battery at 1.1v has probably leaked and destroyed the door traces.  Post a pic of that area.

Offline timd

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 05:51:49 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion and about the VARTA battery not being needed for home use.  I'm going out of town today so I won't be able to work on it till Monday.  I'll post an update when I check the traces.  Thanks again!

****UPDATE****
As promised, I removed the VARTA battery.  Appears that one trace is probably open.  It is black compared to adjacent traces. The trace goes under U84 near the HEADER pin 16 (NOT device pin 16).  If someone can provide where this trace connects so I can check for continuity and to where I can place a bodge wire to fix.
Can anyone provide a schematic of this area, I'd appreciate it!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:42:52 AM by timd »

Offline timd

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 09:27:19 AM »
photo

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 09:37:45 AM »
Member lookes repairs these boards.  Hopefully he will log in soon and take a look at your pic and let you know what he thinks.

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 11:19:25 AM »
Yes. It's repairable.  From what I see it should have Door Open errors.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline timd

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2023, 04:00:45 PM »
Yes, I am asking where the 'black/burned' trace goes.  That is, what two points can I use to check for continuity of that trace and use to place a repair wire.  It looks like there is no part of the trace that I can solder to.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 10:26:50 AM »
Im seeing damage to both the door and the comms traces.

Offline JethroP

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • JethroP New User has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 06:29:41 PM »
Did you ever get a schematic or someone here to help you fix yourself?  I have the same issue.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal