New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA 12 SS - Likes 10's and 1's, but took a 20 and 100 a few times. ???  (Read 20420 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WBA 12 SS - Likes 10's and 1's, but took a 20 and 100 a few times. ???
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 10:40:01 PM »
Well I just had these two that were in the two s2000's that I bought to flip. But the first one, I ended up putting in one from a newer machine I had. It was taking 20's consistently so I just stuck that one in and sold it.
The only other one I had that was not working was an old DBV 145 (Hope Buzz doesn't read this...he'll tell me to throw it away!)
I just cleaned the optics and belts on that one and now it's working fine. Of course, it only takes 1's but I don't care since it's a nickel machine.
I'm 99% sure this could be a problem that has been overlooked and where head units may have been tossed for a problem that cost me 92 cents to fix for each one.
Maybe I will go ahead and create a "fix it" post for this problem. I think it would be worth it?
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 10:49:48 PM »
I have 2 heads that don't take bills or take 1 every 20 or so.  I'm going to try your fix and will post results.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 10:53:31 PM »
Great... let me know.
On the O rings... make sure you get the proper thickness. There were some that were the same size but thinner. I ended up with some slightly smaller (but same thickness as originals) but was able to easily stretch them over the rollers.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 11:06:10 PM »
The only other one I had that was not working was an old DBV 145 (Hope Buzz doesn't read this...he'll tell me to throw it away!)

Maybe I will go ahead and create a "fix it" post for this problem. I think it would be worth it?

Or he'd say to use his special cleaning saliva!  Maybe we can get him to bottle that stuff in 1 oz glass bottles with an eyedropper.

Documenting what you did might help someone down the road with the same or similar problem so I'd say do it. There are all levels of experience and someone reading it might fix their problem because of it. Too bad the DBV rollers are not as easily available as those O rings on the WBA models.

I think that before JCM stopped supporting the DBV-145 they released a few updates for some of the newer style bills like the next generation $20. So your DBV-145 could get the eprom updated to the last revision of software JCM released and it might let you use $20 bills. You'd have to find someone with the last DBV-145 eprom release but they are probably out there. That would let you use $20 bills on that machine with the DBV-145.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:23:11 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 10:41:45 AM »
Yes I think Buzz should bottle and sell his special cleaning saliva! It would be a hit. "Buzz's mystery elixir." Hopefully he'll stumble on this thread and start bottling his DNA.

rickhunter - any news on the BV fix? I'm curious.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »
Didn't work for me.  It does take a specific bill all the time, but not others. I'm thinking I need to calibrate the head.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 06:59:53 PM »
Didn't work for me.  It does take a specific bill all the time, but not others. I'm thinking I need to calibrate the head.

When your BV accepted and rejected, did the bills go in and out "strongly" without any slop or slip?
If that's the case, I think you do have a different issue, like as you stated, head calibration. 
Mine all were slipping a little and would occasionally take a bill if I helped it in. When I replaced the O rings ... all went in strongly and were accepted.
Oh also... when I took mine apart, there was a considerable amount of dust on the inside, where the lens covers are. I blew all that out as well, although that didn't solve my issue... the O rings did.
But it may be a factor in your case?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »
The bills are taken in with "authority."  No slippage from what I can tell.  I'm going to be getting some calibration paper soon.  It's my bottom of the pile spare head, so it's not an emergency, but I just hate to throw anything away if it can be fixed.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 08:51:45 PM »
Where does one get a roller kit for these?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »
The whole premise of this thread is that the OP had issues with his validator.  He went to home depot and bought O rings about the same thickness as the ones in the rollers.  He replaced them, and his validators started to work.  I did the same, but my validator appears to be a calibration issue.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »
Where does one get a roller kit for these?

Jason

I don't think such a kit exists, unfortunately. The JCM authorized dealers and repair centers probably have the needed parts on hand for their own use if they do a repair or rebuild, like for a repair under warranty or something.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 10:05:29 PM »
The bills are taken in with "authority."  No slippage from what I can tell.  I'm going to be getting some calibration paper soon.  It's my bottom of the pile spare head, so it's not an emergency, but I just hate to throw anything away if it can be fixed.

Yes I'm glad to hear that... not that yours doesn't work but it tells me that my O ring replacement was exactly my problem. I found more O rings at Ghanal lumber yesterday by accident. I was just there for something else. But this weekend I'll take one of the old O rings and see if I can find a better match for size.
Just before the holiday, I flipped one of my repaired BV machines and inserted every bill in my wallet... about ten of various denominations with one bill being very slot and a bit tattered. The BV took all of them! Soon as I have some time, I'll take one apart again and photograph the sequence and procedure. It's really not that hard other than getting the shaft out. But I think it would be nice to have for others who have this problem, that haven't taken one apart before.
Hmmmm maybe I should make a repair kit? I could mark up the hell of of those 22 cent O rings!  :rotfl:

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
Re: WBA 12 SS - My O ring fix... the O rings must have been made in China!
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
Well here's a disappointing update on my great O ring fix!
I'm working on someone's Game King with the same issue - WBA 12 with "slipping/sloppy" bill entry.
I decided to just replace his BV temporarily with my "repaired" one.  After I installed it, it took some bills then started doing the same damn thing! I lifted the lid and saw that the "new" O rings had rotted after only a year... less than a year actually.  :hissyfit:
So now I'd like to find a higher quality O ring for these. I guess I can contact the manufacture. Frustrating that these stupid things just died on me.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 06:28:14 PM »
Nothing so far from the manufacturer but that's understandable.
I guess I need to learn about O ring composition and which ones will not rot or wear out from "bill slide."
If anyone knows about the material the original ones were made of...
I don't even know if this is worth fixing  - they seem to be on ebay occasionally, cheap - but you never know if the same thing will happen again. I've seen the problem come up three times recently so it seems worth the effort.
And it was fun to troubleshoot it to the two sets of O rings that initially grab the bill and it was a relatively easy/low cost fix as well. I'd be happy to pay more for decent O rings too. Time to comb the internet.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2015, 07:13:55 PM »
In the manufacturing industry we used Viton O-Rings. These will withstand high temps, about 600 degrees,  volatile oil (very corrosive) and will last for years. You should be able to find them at a Fastenal  store as they carry many industrial o-rings and have catalogs to order also. Give these guys a try.....Mark.  ;)
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
 :thank_you: :thank_you: :thank_you:

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2015, 07:31:40 PM »
S2000s will simply give you a CRC mismatch error, and opening/closing the door will clear that. That wouldn't account for rejection of certain bills.  What you should check is what version of firmware is on the bv, which can be done through the game.  Is it the same series of 20 and 100, or does it seem to just like older 20s/100s?  The latest USA firmware for IGT is 3.80-34.  There was one newer version created but it wasn't released for widespread use.

To find the firmware of the bv, hit your test switch, go into accounting/program version and go to the 2nd or 3rd submenu and it'll show you.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
Hi Jon
I had actually ruled all that out. The BV was updated (up to current 20's) but was intermittently taking bills. When I replaced the O rings on the rollers, I got 100% bill acceptance. But after one year, the O rings rotted.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal