New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I Have a Jcm 12 SS with 3.80 chip  (Read 6073 times)

Offline kgs67

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kgs67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I Have a Jcm 12 SS with 3.80 chip
« on: January 10, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
I have a 12 ss with the 3.8 chip. will this work on a S+ Machine?  if it does what do i need to do to get it to work?

Thanks
KGS67

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: I Have a Jcm 12 SS with 3.80 chip
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
We need to know the ID of the chip (or the ID listed on the sticker along with the version) to determine what platforms it will work in. S+ machines require ID022/23. The ID should be on the chip label right by the version that you gave. The version dictates which bills the validator will accept, and that is updated as new bills come out. I think currently we are at 3.80 (not positive, don't quote me on that, but it's close).

IDO23 & 24 are IGT only. IDO03 are for others (Bally, Atronic, etc) On
the newer IGT machines like the S2000s, I Games and Game Kings use the WBA 12/13 with IDO 24.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:46:33 PM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
Roz I thought the 12 ss only had a flash chip?  :Scratch-Head:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 04:45:18 PM »
Good catch! And, technically, a 12 does, but many times people will get the model # off of the head and not off of the transport (which actually contains the software). Since OP said "with a 3.8 chip", I trusted that he really DID have a transport with an EPROM in the bottom of it.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »
Yes and the 3.8 will only work for ido 24. The latest ido 23 is like a 3.65. No new $100s.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
OK I have checked my notes, for an S+ to get the desired "newer bills" you need a WBA 13ss Transport. The eprom needs to be an ido 24 loaded with ido 23 software. V. 3.60-30. You will need to get a WBA 13ss harness to hook up the transport. They are easy to find (that nice gal above has them) I don't think you will but just in case, have a set chip for your game in case you need to enable the b/v. I believe a 12ss head will work, but the 13 head allows the bill to be inserted either way (up or down). You are on the right track, I do not have the correct eprom for you but there are others on here who do. Good luck and keep us posted.
Dave

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »
OK according to rickhunter, this was my last post for S+ newer bills.   This is the latest information I have, ID023-4.1 W(USA)SS ID023   .V375-03I27DEC07.  The latest one officially blessed by IGT was version ID023-4.1 W(USA)SS ID023   .V360-03I01FEB06.  IGT did not support the 3.75 version because they had already retired the S+ platform and had stopped support on it entirely when the NG 5 came out.

This is for using a WBA ss 13 transport in an S+. I know it's a bit confusing you still need the hardware, harness etc. The 13 transport allows 4 way insertion of the bill. Still won't take new $100s. Let us know if we can help you further.
Dave

Offline kgs67

• Reputation Power: 2
  • kgs67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »
The id on the chip is 003 usa and its says WBA/ 12/13ss and its for the new $100 bills

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 08:00:58 AM »
We need to know the ID of the chip (or the ID listed on the sticker along with the version) to determine what platforms it will work in. S+ machines require ID022/23. The ID should be on the chip label right by the version that you gave. The version dictates which bills the validator will accept, and that is updated as new bills come out. I think currently we are at 3.80 (not positive, don't quote me on that, but it's close).

IDO23 & 24 are IGT only. IDO03 are for others (Bally, Atronic, etc) On
the newer IGT machines like the S2000s, I Games and Game Kings use the WBA 12/13 with IDO 24.
Looks like your software is not for an IGT S+.    Thanks Roz.  :applause:
Dave

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 08:36:14 AM »
The id on the chip is 003 usa and its says WBA/ 12/13ss and its for the new $100 bills

That is the software for WMS and Bally.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline JCMtech

• Reputation Power: 1
  • JCMtech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 01:14:39 AM »
There is no difference in the heads for WBA 10s, 11s, 12s or 13s. They are the same head, just labled with the transport version they were originally shipped with. WBA 10s and 11s have a 1 Meg memory and 12s and 13s have a 4 Meg memory. Even numbers (10, 12 ) have Flash memory, odd numbers (11, 13 ) have EEPROM. All the transport parts are the same with the exception of the CPU and Harness. At one time, JCM offered a conversion kit for WBA 10s and 11s that included the CPU and Validator and Machine harness. JCM stopped supporting the WBA as of 31 DEC 2014. no more parts or software.
There is a different head that is used  for countries other than the US. It has only one Mag sensor, but 2 extra optical sensors. With this head and the proper software, the unit becomes a WBA 20, 21, 22 0r 23. Same setup 20, 21 = 1 meg, 22, 23 = 4 meg. Even is flash, odd are EEPROM. The transports are the same.

For software questions on JCM products, go to their web site, http://jcmglobal.com/en/support/downloads/SoftwareInfo.aspx
Select the model, protocol (IDO-22, 23, 24, 003...)and hit enter. The more items you insert into the search, the more defined your answer. It will give you an information sheet with a list of the bills it accepts, and a lot of information on what changes were introduced with that version. Very helpful.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal