New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WBA 12 SS cycling and jam error  (Read 4958 times)

Offline PenguinPays

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PenguinPays New User has no influence.
  • NLG
WBA 12 SS cycling and jam error
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:32:02 AM »
Recently I bought an IGT machine with a WBA 12 SS acceptor. It was working well when I looked at the machine, but when I got it home it started giving errors. Upon starting up each time the note acceptor will cycle perhaps a dozen times before the machine says there is a note jam, but I haven't put any notes in. I have tried restarting the machine and re-sitting both the acceptor and the stacker with no success. When it cycles there is a click heard at the end of the cycle. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: WBA 12 SS cycling and jam error
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »
If it's cycling several times on its own it sounds like you've got a sensor issue in the BV head.  Open it up and check the optics, make sure they're clean on both sides (bill path as well as the side next to the boards).  Did you happen to have calibration paper? Black and white sheet, same thickness as a bill but longer, with two holes on the white end.

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
I am not familiar with the WBA bill acceptors. But I am assuming there is a way to open the head and transport like on a JCM validator. Since it is saying there is a jam, it could be as simple as a piece of paper or something blocking a sensor. But also make sure that the cash can is fully seated and that if the cash can door switch has been bypassed, it still is. Sometimes people just twist the wires together and they come apart.  And of course check to make sure none of the wiring harnesses has not come loose from when you moved it. I'm sure that someone with more knowledge of the WBA will chime in.

Also, it might help if you tell us what type of machine this is.

Offline JCMtech

• Reputation Power: 1
  • JCMtech New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 05:09:59 AM »
Check out the manual on the JCM web site. Lots of good troubleshooting advice in there

http://am-en.jcmglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/WBA-Manual.pdf

Offline PenguinPays

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »
Hi all,
        I tried to clean the unit to no success. it is now saying there is a stacker jam error. I tried to find if one of the connectors were loose by unplugging and resitting each of the three connectors, there was another three wire connector (lilac purple blue?) which came from the back of the validator unit plug and didn't seem to go anywhere in the machine. I also noticed that there are two lugs which push against a blue switch on the validator cash-box to push notes inside the unit. Only one of these lugs move when the cash-box is inserted, with the other being too far to the right to push the button down.

The machine is an IGT AU1 bluechip. As for parts, I only have the machine and parts for the Aristocrats. I tried installing the coin mech from the Aristocrat, but it thought it was a coin diverter.  :banghead:

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 08:29:50 AM »
On the WBAs inside the stacker cage there are 2 slides that the bill stacker rides in on. Alot of times they get a little bent or more likely worn. Try pushing them up a little to see if the stacker will make a better contact with the validator. I'm going off of reel slots but I imagine yours is similar. My S2000s have the extra plug also it isn't used on mine. Good luck.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline TexasMark

• (Formerly poppo)
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • TexasMark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 08:35:21 AM »
Only one of these lugs move when the cash-box is inserted, with the other being too far to the right to push the button down.

Again, I am not familiar with the WBA unit. But if there is a switch that appears to need to be pushed in when the cash box is inserted, and that switch has not already been bypassed (see it there are actually any wires going to the switch and where they go), you can always try to stick something in there to push it in and see what happens. Maybe someone had a stuck a wedge in there and it fell out during transport.

Oh, and pictures are always helpful.

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »
It sounds like you've got a UBA cashbox in your machine.  That's not a problem, they are compatible with WBA units.  If it were one of my machines, I'd remove the BV, and reach into the bv housing to see if both flags are equally up when the cashbox is inserted.  They look like two black little plastic tabs.  One tells the BV a cashbox is inserted, the other tells the BV that the plunger mech is at what I call the neutral position, meaning it's fully forward inside the box, and not jammed up.  If they are not both raised, then look at your cashbox, make sure it's seating firmly and that the plunger mech is moving freely when you push the blue button on the end.  If they are good, check the gears in the housing.  While the cashbox is inserted, moving the left gear operates the plunger mech.  Roll it towards you, it should move maybe a quarter turn freely until you get some resistance from the springs in the plunger mech.  You'll also notice one of the flags going down.   Letting the gear to, the plunger mech should roll the gear back.  If it binds, or the flag doesn't pop back up, then the cashbox is seated too tightly, maybe somebody bent the two ramps on the bottom of the housing too high. That's a common "fix" on WBA units,  but it doesn't apply to UBA cashboxes.  The right hand gear operates the rollers/belts in the cashbox.  Not much to that, though that side seems to suffer from more broken teeth on the gears than the left side.  Just roll it a complete revolution or two, making sure nothing is jamming up.

Try those suggestions and let us know what happens. 

Offline PenguinPays

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »

In my machine the right gear affects the cashbox lug, whilst the left gear affects the rollers and belts. All seemed to be working when I checked it, with no missing teeth on the gears. I added two photos, not sure if they help. Could it be that the mechanism has reversed?

Offline jonm287

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
Look at the cashbox, push in the blue button and see which gear turns.  I could simply have them backwards in my head.  I was replying while at home and didn't have a machine in front of me.  Your pictures did verify you've got a uba cashbox in there.  If you would, can you provide a picture of the top of the cashbox?  Specifically the area around the bill slot.  I'm looking for 3 little round circles, or the lack thereof.  They mark two different versions of the UBA cashbox.  The "no dots" as we call them don't work that well with WBAs, but work fine with UBAs.  Then there's the 3 dot that works fine with both models. 

Also, the picture showing the back of the bv housing, the two tabs in the middle, do they noticeably move up when you put the cashbox in, and do they go up equally?  One isn't higher than the other is it?

Offline PenguinPays

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 04:07:56 AM »

free photo hosting

The cashbox does have three dots on it near the acceptor. The tabs do go up with one very slightly higher than the other. The note acceptor was working yesterday, however has stopped again now. The only thing I changed was that I removed the notes from the stacker. Could it be that I removed the notes when the machine was off and this has caused the error?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal