New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WMS BB2 Transmissive Reels Wizard of Oz Game  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
WMS BB2 Transmissive Reels Wizard of Oz Game
« on: February 27, 2020, 06:58:12 PM »
Hello all,

I'm looking for any info I can find about a Transmissive Reels version of The Wizard of Oz.

Could be called Wicked Riches or Glinda the Good Witch, or something else. I don't know for sure. Maybe more than one game title was produced.

I've seen some YouTube videos featuring this game and I'd like to build one.

Hardware stuff isn't an issue, but software and reel strips might be impossible to find.

What I need to know is if this game played on a BB2 with a Bonus Box or Top Box instead of the upper LCD.

I haven't seen any photos of the whole machine, just the TR Screen and Reels in videos.

]I could fabricate some sort of Top Box with video if needed, or just have a piece of glass custom printed to fill that void.

Any info or pictures would be great. Or if you know someone holding software, reel strips and so on, please let me know.

I'll post a want to buy ad in the NLG classified section once I'm able to find out more about this game.

Thanks,

Curtis ash100

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:10:51 AM by Ash100 »
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: WMS BB2 Transmissive Reels Wizard of Oz Game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:15:01 PM »
Ash,You have 6 lines of micro small sentences no one can read.  :sherlock:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 06:45:56 AM »
I have a 3 reel transmissive OZ called Road to Emerald City.  It is a dongle bb2 cabinet with a bb3 mpu.  Not for Sale but information only.  There was someone who had posted a 5 reel WOZ game that was a LAP game and wanted to trade for aladdin or similar title.  If you search with WTT OZ or something it should come up.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ash100

• Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 07:14:50 AM »
Ash,You have 6 lines of micro small sentences no one can read.  :sherlock:

Fixed my font problem. I hate when it does that.

Thanks for the info Rick, I do remember seeing a 3 Reel game also.

That gives me something else to work with. Someone somewhere will have one of the 3 versions for sale.

The wife being a huge WOZ Fan loves any and everything associated with it, so she actually has her own BB2 running Ruby Slippers. She'd enjoy a TR machine too.

Curtis ash100

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 03:03:48 PM »
After receiving some good info from a few members here, it's decided that I probably won't be building one of the 5 reel transmissive games.

Turns out they were built as BB1.5 games and require the smaller reels, monitor etc. These parts would be pretty hard to source.

I am interested in obtaining a complete machine though, working or not, in the 5 reel transmissive or the newer 3 reel transmissive BB2/BB3 configuration.

If anyone has any leads on these machines, knows someone who might have one or has one themselves that may be available for purchase, then please pass along some info to me.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm still learning, but I love to learn something new each day.

Curtis ash100

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 03:11:26 PM »
Ash,
A LOT of those narrow reel strips turned blue and purple from the reel & LCD lights.
To find a "minty" set of strips is hard!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ash100

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
I agree, finding good parts will be tough.

My BB2 Goldfish Mermaids Wonders strips were almost blank when I got the game, but luckily a member here had some brand new repos that he wasn't using, so I was able to replace mine.

If I am lucky enough to find a WOZ machine, I may just have new strips made for it if I can find the right printer to do it.

There's a lot of factors involved in this, but that's what the wife really wants. So I'll keep searching.

I also have a BB1 Xtreme Reels game that has the same problem. The strips on it are pretty bleached out

Thanks!

Curtis ash100

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »
I scanned every set of strips I ever bought...got a small library of strip data.

Because scanners are too short, I used paint.net to copy/paste both ends together onto a larger canvas.

Someday I'll find somebody to make 'em!  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal