New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Dotmation big bang piggy bankin  (Read 16798 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Dotmation big bang piggy bankin
« on: November 18, 2015, 12:11:27 PM »
Hello all, i have a big bang piggy bankin that the sound just does not seem right. The reel spin never plays when playing the game. The reel sound plays in test mode. It also seems like some other sounds dont work when you go to the dotmation board for bonus. There will be no sound at all. Here is what i found out from sound test. When i say work or dont work means if it played tune in test. Anyone have any idea what could make some of them work in test mode like reel spin but not in game play?
1-Jack pot tune (works)
2-large hit (works)
3-medium hit (works)
4-small hit (works)
5-very small hit (dont work) gives number 153 in the w7n meter window
10-signature tune (dont work)
11-jack pot loop tune (dont work)
All the rest work except 108-hopper coin
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:07:25 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Dotmation big bang piggy bankin
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »
You may have mismatched game versions.  Post a picture of your mpu board with the eproms, maybe someone who has this game can compare what you have and chime in.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
Something else to check would be Jumper JP2 on the mpu board. It has 2 positions, some games use 8mbit sound eproms, other games use 4mbit eproms. You can put it into the opposite position and then see if that corrects the sound problem. If not you can put it back the way it was. Sometimes people convert the machine from one game to another and have this happen. The center pin needs to connect to one or the other outside pins.

I'm pretty sure that Big Bang Piggy uses the 4mbit eproms so the jumper should have P7 Out connected to +5, which is opposite of what the photo below has.

JP2 is the small 3 pin jumper located in the far right corner area of the board, with the board's pull handles closest to you, like it would be in the card cage. The jumper has "P7", "P7 Out" and "+5" written on the board nearby.

Like Rick said, while you have your mpu board out of the machine take a clear photo of it and post it here for us to take a look. That way we can read the eprom labels and see better any problems. We love pictures here, so don't be shy about posting a few of your machine, outside with it turned on so we can see the displays, and then with the door open so we can see the insides.

Can you tell us a little about your machine? Have you had it a while and it was ok until this happened? Or did you just acquire it with this problem and are trying to get it working? Has someone tried replacing any of the software eproms or circuit boards? This will help us to figure things out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:14:21 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
Another thought about the sound levels-

On many of the WMS dotmation games you can separately set different sound volumes to some of the different events, they can be set so low as to appear off. In the diagnostic/setup you can set the volume level for normal machine sounds such as the tone when a coin is inserted, when a credit bet is made, and when small wins occur. You can separately set the volume for what they call a Large Hit (a win of above average amount) and a different volume setting on the Top Award Jackpot. This is 3 different sound level settings, maybe someone set some of them to a very low level. I'd go thru the diag/setup process and check the settings.

Also, if you are going thru the diagnostic/setup and trying the different sounds not all of them will do anything. The machine design allowed for a wide variety of sound events, but the particular game software installed in the machine may or may not use all of them.

Here's another curveball- the manual mentions that some jurisdictions such as Delaware required special software that had certain sound events muted, no sound. This probably isn't what you have, you can check your software jurisdiction a couple of ways, one is by decoding the jumpers on the I/O board. Another is going thru the diag/setup process and bringing up the software jurisdiction info.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mustangjeep

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • mustangjeep New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
Check what these guys said first, volume being an easy one, then if none of that fixes it let me know.
I just took a Big Bang Piggy Bankin kit out of one of my machine and can get you the eproms if that's the problem.

Good luck,
Bud

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »
rokgpsman ok i changed the jumper jp2 it had no effect still no reel spin tones. So i put it back it is positioned like you said it should be. I checked the volume of all three 1 was 30 2 was 70 and 3 was 125. Plenty load when i pushed the max bet to check sound volume. Here is a pic of the game board. Bud i would not think it is the sound eproms because the sounds like reel spin works in test mode. But i could be wrong for sure.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
The pic of the board

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
Shoot, it is not an original, so hard to say if your sets are matched.  It is odd though that your xu2 and xu3 are different versions?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »
newkid3, what about the other information I mentioned earlier? Are you working on this machine and it is new to you, or do you know it was working ok and then something happened? I don't want to have to run down 100 different possibilities, so as much info as you can give will help.

On the sound roms U17, 18, 30, 31, two of them are nicely labeled, the other 2 are not. Looks like different times or different people have maybe worked on it? Why else would 2 of the sound eproms not be labeled when the others are? That raises my suspicion that the problem could be with the sound roms, not sure.

Are you aware there is an earlier similar WMS domation game called "Piggy Bankin'". It has similar but different software eproms. Any chance some of them got swapped into this machine by mistake? Do you have an eprom burner where you can read the sound roms and list the checksums for us to check?

Something else to be aware of. Your sound eproms have a speed rating of -120 nsec, the WMS manual says to use -100 or faster (meaning -80, -90, -100). But I've seen some machines use the -120's and work ok, may just depend on the eprom brand. But when you run down the usual and ordinary things to try you then jump to the out of the ordinary explanations.

Offline mustangjeep

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • mustangjeep New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 03:40:49 PM »
I had one of mine where the top board had some swelled caps and the sound on all effects was very faint, no matter what volume I had it set at.
Switched out the board and worked fine.
Maybe check that too.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 03:49:05 PM »
Shoot, it is not an original, so hard to say if your sets are matched.  It is odd though that your xu2 and xu3 are different versions?

I've seen before where xu2 and xu3 had different version numbers on their labels. I think WMS released the software in the 2 chips independently, since the xu2 software was what determined if the game was 2 coin, 3 coin or 5 coin max bet, as well as the max jackpot win (1000 coins in this case) and the win percentage. Any of the xu2 versions for the game would work with the xu3 chip, as long as it is the same game.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 04:02:35 PM »
I just got the machine. Trying to get it 100% everything works now but the sound. If the sounds work fine in the test mode could the eproms still be bad?  Will post more pics. It is like something is not telling the sounds to play.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »
I just got the machine. Trying to get it 100% everything works now but the sound. If the sounds work fine in the test mode could the eproms still be bad?  Will post more pics. It is like something is not telling the sounds to play.

Not sure, if the sound eproms work ok in Test mode then it would seem they are ok. We'd just like to confirm they are the right sound eproms and can't the way they are labeled. And the ones that are labeled say Piggy Bankin', not Big Bang Piggy Bankin', so someone unfamiliar might have burned & stuck in the wrong sound roms for that other model of game. Since the games are so similar they may sorta work. But you aren't getting distorted sound or quirky sounds. It is just no sounds during play when there should be sound, right?

The main eproms at xu2 and xu3 are Big Bang PB software, so they require Big Bang PB sound eproms. But the power on selftest is supposed to check for mismatched software. Since the sounds work ok in Test mode you'd think that the problem would be a game setting that is wrong.

You can try putting the machine in "Demo" mode. This will allow it to play normally but you don't have to insert coins and no coins are paid out. See if the sounds work or not in Demo mode. You set Demo mode thru the diag/setup procedure.

Do you have any other dotmation slot machines you can try a different set of game chips from? And can the guy you got it from provide any history, such as how it did or did not work, if any work was done to it like chip changes or board changes?

Another idea- does the dot matrix animation display work like it should? Have you looked inside the dot matrix metal box (located in the top box of the machine)? There is a power supply board on the right side and just to the left is the dotmation controller board. It has to have companion Big Bang Piggy Bankin' software in it, there are 2 eproms on the right side of the dotmation board for this. On the left side of the dotmation board is another eprom but it is usually left alone, works with all dotmation games. The dot matrix controller board has a narrow cable that runs from it down to the backplane board. I don't think any of this would affect sound but you can look it over to make sure all looks ok.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:39:07 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
Wanted to make sure we are on the same page. I just played the machine for a while. Alot of the sounds work fine. Coin insert, when he blows a bubble, coin payout, when he laughs, when he squills, when he says i guess sweet. The only sound i know for sure that is not working is the reel spin.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »
ok, that is better than I thought, that most sounds do work ok

Here is a video I found that shows some of the machine sounds, compare it to what you are getting on your machine, esp the reel spin sound. The video is for the older Piggy Bankin' game but the sounds are the same. And there are other videos on youtube that you can watch to compare sounds.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »
There are no sounds when you go into the big bang spin game. When it spins around and you play until you hit a bomb. No sound until it gives you credits. I just watched online where there is like singing and tunes a guy talking. I get none of that.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
That's called the bonus round and a lot of what happens in the bonus is controlled by the dotmation controller board. Show us a photo of the dotmation controller board. It has eproms and a couple of jumpers. Dotmation controller location is mentioned in reply#12 above.

Here is a video of the bonus round in action, on your type of Big Bang PB machine:

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »
A pic of the dotmation board

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 05:17:26 PM »
I was just wondering if the eproms are bad. Are these eprom files available?  I have a eprom burner.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »
The reel spin on test sounds kinda like the video you sent. The bonus round is just like the one you sent just no sound.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal