New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Simple question to the Gurus  (Read 3375 times)

Offline Ericl

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Ericl New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Simple question to the Gurus
« on: May 22, 2016, 08:02:38 AM »
This is my first post so please be kind.

My wife loves slots machines, a couple of years ago I bought her a Bally Lucky Luigi Pizza game.
I've been reading up where you can change the game out.

So firstly how do I confirm what model I have? I think it's a M9000
What processore? Gig ? etc?

Regarding changing the game is it straightforward or does it cost millions of dollars and thousands of life's?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but not understanding the slot machine language I'm kinda lost

Thank you.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Simple question to the Gurus
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:51:42 AM »
It is not that difficult and it doesn't cost you much.  You only need the cf card for the new game and a clear card that goes with the bios on your MPU.  Post a picture of your mpu so we can see what version and what bios you have.  It would be on the right side of the mpu looking down from the top.  There should be a 32 pin chip with a label.  I have posted a video of a typical bally alpha game on youtube.  This is for a 5 reel title called Stars and Bars.  Other than the progressive part, the rest should be similar. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbJ3Pu1XA8

As far as your machine type, Lucky Luigi did originally come as an M9000.  It probably has the 4:3 aspect ratio screen and a single monitor.  There was a later version with a widescreen monitor.  The latest version of the Alpha 1 video had dual widescreen monitors and is known as a V20/20.  There's also a single screen version called just V20.  It depends on your door  M9000 or a V20.  Essentially, they are the same machine internally and the games are the same.  If you stay with your 4:3 monitor, some themes will look compressed on the screen as they were meant to go on a widescreen monitor.  You could just buy the door from a V20 and replace yours and you will essentially have a V20 machine.  I believe the original M9000's came with the 300Mhz/256MB Ram configuration.  The V20's have a 400Mhz/512MB Ram configuration.  But if you are going to upgrade mpu, I recommend you get the 1Ghz/2GB Ram version (some come with only a single 1GB Simm, but you can buy a second one and go to 2GB), this will provide the widest compatibility with all games available for this platform.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ericl

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
Thank you Rick for your reply, still in the dark but I enjoy a challenge, here are some photos of the board and the flash cards.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 07:13:12 PM »
You have a tall box M9000.  Only 2nd one I've ever seen.  But the pictures you took are of the backplane.  The MPU is where the video cable, power, cf cards go into.  It pulls out like a drawer.  Take a picture of the inside of that.  But based on the CF cards, you have an 07 bios, which means you need a clear 312 cf.  Posting a picture of your mpu will tell you what version of the mpu you have like cpu speed and memory.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Ericl

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 07:52:18 PM »
Thank you Rick hopefully this one is correct.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »
Yes, this one is correct.  You have a 400Mhz Celeron with 512MB of RAM.  It will run all older Alpha 1 titles, but not the latest alpha 1 titles that were meant for a V20/20. If you invest in a 1 Ghz MPU with 2 GB of RAM, and a V/20 door with monitor, you would be current with the newest alpha 1 machines.  Optionally, you would want to add the topbox monitor to be 100% updated, but since you have the tall M9000, you would also have to get the smaller topbox.  I think at that point, you would be better of sourcing a V20/20 and be done with it.  But the less expensive way is to upgrade your MPU to 1Ghz/2GB RAM.  Your 512MB will run a LOT of alpha 1 video titles though.  You might want to keep it and just try some of the games like Ms Clara T, Hatch the cash, Green Stamps, American Original, Hot shots (3 different versions),  to name a few.

Offline Ericl

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
Thank you Rick,
I think I will just swap out a game or two for now,  So what am I looking for exactly in a game Bally, Alpha 1, 512 Mb titles, just confirm not designed for the V 20/20 series. And the clear card will simply be titled 312?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »
The clear is commonly known as the 312 clear.  Any alpha game that begins with the firmware id AVGxxxxxxx will work on your machine.

Offline Ericl

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:41 AM »
Rick, thanks again. So I need the one like pictured correct? Is the number proceeding the 312 a concern. And lastly were doe I purchase such an animal and the games? I found this one on a past eBay sale

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 10:59:21 AM »
That's the one AVOCLEAR312 is the important part, the trailing number does not matter.  Post a WTB and a dealer will get back to you on that.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal