New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Alpha S9000 Reel light stays on  (Read 9708 times)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Alpha S9000 Reel light stays on
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:35:24 PM »
I am working on an Alpha S9000 5 reel Mystic Lamp for a fellow and one of LED reel lights stays on constantly(number one reel).  It comes on during the boot sequence and never goes off.  All I have done so far is reseat the reel in its socket.  Any ideas.  These machines are pretty new to me so any ideas or help is appreciated.  Slot works fine except for the reel LED staying on.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:06:03 AM by tjlee »

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Alpha S9000 Reel light stays on
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »
Try going into the signpost if menu and test the projector lights. See if that resets the lights. When I have a game that turns them all on, I do that to turn them off when not in play.
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
OK  Is this under the menu settings diagnostics.  I am pretty green when it comes to working on these. Learning little by little.   Thanks TJ

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »
Yes. Go into menu by turning the key or white button. Go to diagnostics > game diag > devices > and you should see projector lights. Test it and see if that resets it.

If that doesn't work try to ram clear and move the reel to a different spot and see if it gives you the same problems.
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26:08 PM »
OK  My diagnostics menu does not have the device setting.  I am running an 807 BIOS with an 317 OS.  I only see reels, bezel, and top reel lights (see  pictures).  Should I be running a different BIOS and OS for this game??  THis is not the original brain box which was in this slot   

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »
No some games don't have that option I guess. Did this problem just start happening or was it always like this? Can you ram clear it or try another game?
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:09 PM »
I can RAM clear it but I do not have another game to try in it.  I will look at it tomorrow by first clearing it and switching reels around.  I will post what happens when I do this.  I think the light was on before I reinstalled the game in this.  I am not sure on this as I didn't have the slot here until today.  I have other brain boxes I can use.  I think it had a 1GB in it at one time. I am not sure what controls the reel backlights in these slots.  I have only worked on a few of the Alphas in the past.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
I was wondering.  Does the reel control unit in an Alpha control the reel back lighting too?? 

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:05:27 PM »
Yes. Make sure all the connections are tight. Can you swap the reel, let's say to reel 3, and see if it does the same thing?
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
OK  Will test it out tomorrow.  Thanks

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:53 AM »
When I see a Reel Light constantly on it is usually an indication that the previous Reel(s) are disconnected, I would check the connection for the Reels

Reel 3 light on Reel 2 disconnected etc

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 05:59:05 AM »
I will check that out today  Thanks

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
I switched the reels around this morning and the problem is following the reel so I guess the problem is the reel itself.  I will check the connectors and clean the contacts on the reel.  I am also getting a squeak from the first two reels as they turn.   :soapbox_3: 

Offline coolwavepic

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 08:18:35 AM »
Did you try a RAM CLEAR? Sometimes that solves a lot of problems. Just throwing that out there.
-------
Charles

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 08:30:20 AM »
I switched the reels around this morning and the problem is following the reel so I guess the problem is the reel itself.  I will check the connectors and clean the contacts on the reel.  I am also getting a squeak from the first two reels as they turn.   :soapbox_3:
I have had issues with the lights not working properly when the pins back out of the connector and not make solid contact. When you pop a problem reel out look at the pins. - I know your issue is a bit different but worth a look-see.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 10:37:22 AM »
Thanks for all for suggestions.  LIN hit the nail on the nail head.  I took reel apart and clean contacts up.  Works great now.  NOw to stop several of reels from squeaking.  I think maybe a dab of clear silicon or double sided tape may solve that.  :wave:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 10:05:43 PM »
Let me know if you'd like to cancel that order then! No sense wasting money if you found your fix!  :cool_thumb_up:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal